Thread: Cute Babies!

Cute Babies!

As most of you know I an involved with a rabbit sanctuary and do a lot of bunny rescues. Well I am here to tell you that we now have....take a breath Cathy.....21 babies!!!!!! We agreed to take in 3 white New Zealand adults from a humane society in another county.....they didn't check the sex, just dumped them all in one cage. 12 hours before we picked them up Momma has 8 babies. So we took all 11 rabbits....and 4 weeks later Momma had 8 more!!! Yes indeed, female buns can get pregnant immediately upon giving birth. Honest to goodness, they look like little white cotton balls with ears. Unfortunately 3 of the second batch fell out of the nest during a cold spell and died, so now there is 13 white babies. What is so adorable about them is Momma has lop ears while Dad one ear up and one ear down (like Piper) and so some of the babies have ears I describe as "downers", some have "uppers"and the rest have the combination. Too, too adorable!

Then last week we got a call about a momma, daddy and 12 babies being dumped in a field.....So out we go....and there they were. We were able to catch 8 of the babies and are going to have to go back with live traps to get the rest. I'm guessing the kids are 3 wks old...they are a rich butterscotch color and just the cutest things, very inquisitive and in to everything. Too bad I don't have a scanner or I could post some pictures.

So anyone living in southeastern Michigan wanting a bunny...we have lots!!!!!!! Just contact me here at POTD.
    Mom to 9 wonderful bunnies and an energetic young cat from you-know-where.
    Bunny Basics educator
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Noah, Casey, Daisy, Marie, Velvet, Emma, Robbie, Chocolate

bump

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

I know you do some good work, wish i could take one of your bunnies.

Daisy, did I tell you that I might be taking on another rescue bunny? For Millie as the 3 sharks aen't taking to her at all.