Thread: going to cry....

going to cry....

we've been knowing that Joey is leaving for overseas. he got word sometime between this coming Friday and the day after Easter that he's leaving. well, he doesn't have liberty this week but I was going up there to spend Tuesday evening and Wednesday with him on base. In fact, I'm flying out right after work today.

He just called. He's getting the small pox vaccine today and he can't see me. I'm devastated. I would have been better if after the last time I left I knew I wouldn't have another opportunity to see him. But to go to CA and spend time with my family there, be so close and not see him is just killing me. It's so stupid. tons of people have had that vaccine....they didn't keep them under lock and key. Years ago that vaccine was normal for children to get...why can't I see him. He says eveyone on base has had the vaccine. I find it hard to belive. When I was there, so many civillians come and go off that base...and not just people employed by the base...taxi cabs etc...I doubt they have had the vaccine.

Just spoke with my Mother who is a nurse. She has never heard of them quarentining(sp?) anyone from their family after getting it. He's trying to see if he can get the vaccine on Thursday. Please pray that he can either get it moved to Thursday or that they'll let me see him. I could just cry.

Tiff and the ever expanding krewe
    Scout, Gigi, & Bixby -the kitties
    Rory, Lola, Jax, Max, & Lulu -the ferrets

I'm so sorry you might not be able to see him. This would be the last chance to see him before he leaves, right? That is just awful if it turns out they can't postpone the vaccine. I know nothing about the vaccine except what's been on the news, but I didn't know they had to quarantine them either.

I sure hope he can change it to Thursday. We'll have everything crossed here, and a prayer or two going out that it all works out for you.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Oh no! I hope they can move it to Thursday. I totally understand the pain of missing someone.

My prayers for you and him. *hugs*
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Thank you so much. I'll be ok...but it's just so very disappointing. I really thought the last time I went up that would be the last time I could see him and I was ok with that. But knowing I could see him again and making all the plans only to have it snatched away just hurts. I'm going to call him during my layover in Houston this afternoon...hopefully he'll tell me good news. *crosses fingers and prays*

I'll be praying you can see him while you're in CA. I'm so sorry for this stupid reasoning....

I'll be praying hard today for you.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Sorry to hear that! I'm shocked they're not allowing him to see you. The only people who could not get the vaccination around here until the day they left were the ones with pregnant wives, really little kids, family with some skin conditions, and things like that. Other than that, most of the soldiers were given theirs and then turned loose being told to be careful not to touch the area, keep it clean, and leave it alone. I also did not go near that arm of Brian right after he got his until the scab fell off. I was also told not wash his laundry, wow was that nice (only the laundry part)!

Anyways, hope you are in better spirits when you read this!

I was gone away on a trip over the weekend and I missed my parents a lot. It must be so hard for you. Best wishes always-
    ILMAG

twitter.
    http://twitter.com/meganxxjo

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

How sad and disappointing. I hope that arrangements can be made so you can see him. Don't they realize how important it is?

That's really sad for you both. I hope you find a compassionate soul who can help you see Joey before he leaves. They've got him for the next year or so, surely you can have him for a little while before he goes.
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

Back from CA...just reread my original post...sorry for freaking out on y'all. I was extremely upset. No computer access while I was gone so.... I did finally get ahold of Joey right before my plane left last Monday. His commanding officers, which I guess were being overly cautious, made it seem like they shouldn't be around anyone who hasn't been vaccinated until the vaccination area scabs over..approx. 2 weeks. Joey went to Medical and the docs told him there was no reason why he couldn't see me just be very cautious to keep the bandage on.

So all that upheval for nothing. I got to see him Tuesday through Thursday. Even though it makes me miss him so much more every time I see him, it was worth it. He leaves tomorrow for either Kuwait or Iraq. We're hoping he'll only be there for 3 or 4 months.

Thanks for listening. I'm going to go give the kitties some attention. They missed me. I have a very happy Bixby in my lap right now making it very hard to type so I'll check in tomorrow and catch up on all the posts I've missed. Hope everyone and their furries are doing well. ((HUGS))

They really were over-cautious. I was vaccinated against the small pox way back in the sixties and my whole class was -and we were not quarantined but had to go to school as usual. Glad you got hold of him though.

Yeah and you will be good for the cats and the cats will be good for you

So glad it worked out for you to visit with him. I will continue to pray for his safety, and for the safety of the other soldiers.

So glad to hear that you got to spend some time with him after all

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

I'm very happy to hear that you were able to see Joey after all!!
    Even though it was short, I know you cherish the time you spend with him.
    I'll be keeping him in my thoughts as he goes off to Iraq or Kuwait.
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

I'm so glad everything worked out and you were able to see him.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl