Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Bridal Shower

My Bridal Shower

Was today!!!! I was soooo shocked because I thought it was May 18th!! We all had a great time and I got to see some friends that I haven't seen in a long time!! I got stuff for my bathroom, a smoothie maker, tea kettle, cookie baking set, and tons of little things!!!

The food was awesome at the restaurant. They just kept coming out with more and more food!

Here's some pics:
    my cake:

Me and the cake (I look like crap cause I thought I was going to the mall!!!)

Me and my cookie set:

My wonderful, wonderful friends:
    Top row-me, linda(coworker),carla,barb(coworker),carrie,my mom
    bottom row-laura my maid of honor,beth,gina(coworker), and marcia
    `````````````````````````
    I love my furkid Neko!

^TAMA^ 8/24/00 - 4/27/12 Thank you for being in my life I love you always and forever

Awwww, what a nice surprise!

You look a lot like your mom
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

How fun! My bridal shower wasn't a surprise - my Aunt said, "Listen, I know you helped make your sister's surprise shower, cousin Dian's shower, and both my girls' showers a surprise, and so I'm afraid if I don't tell you when yours is, you'll avoid me all summer!" So she told me the when and where, which I didn't mind, that way I could give all my Boston friends directions and reassurances!

Is that a cookie press kit? If you need a good recipe for cookie press cookies, I've got a great one, let me know and I'll put it over in the Recipe thread!

Such an exciting time! How'd they get you there? My cousin Diane's fiance kept delaying bringing her to what she THOUGHT was her friend's shower, and she was sooo mad at him it was hysterical when she realized just why he made sure she was a little late!

What a wonderful bunch of friends you have!!! Thanks for showing us some pictures!!!

kewl....

you are going to make a pretty bride, love the cake, glad u had a good time, when is the wedding? will your furbabies be there with their bowties and bows on heh he lol
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

You looked very nice in pic. showers are a great get-together for friends and family.

Wow - I bet that was WAY more fun than a trip to the mall - looks like a great group of friends! Isn't it just too fun when it's a total surprise? I almost didn't make it to my bridal shower because they had told me it was a "Home Interiors" party (don't know if they still have those or not), where you buy artwork for the walls and stuff. I had gone to one too many of those parties and didn't really care for the merchandise, so that morning I told my fiance I wasn't going to go after all. He kind of scolded me and said that wouldn't be very nice since I had been invited, etc., and finally "guilted" me into going (since he knew what it really was)! It took quite a few minutes for it to actually sink in, after they all yelled surprise, that it was a shower for me!

Karen - I have a cookie press that's been in my pantry for YEARS that I have never used - I would love to "christen" it with your recipe!
    The legend says that Mohammed adored cats. When one of them was sleeping on his sleeve and he had to go out, Mohammed supposedly cut off the sleeve so as not to disturb his pet.

A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast - Proverbs 12:10

How we behave toward cats here below determines our status in heaven. - Robert A. Heinlein

What greater gift than the love of a cat? ~ Charles Dickens

There is, incidently, no way of talking about cats that enables one to come off as a sane person. - Dan Greenberg

If purring could be encapsulated, it'd be the most powerful anti-depressant on the market. ~Alexis F. Hope

Great pictures!! Congrats!

Wife to Steve and Mother to:
    Samuel Thomas 8/31/96 Amber Nicole 3/9/98
    Elizabeth Rose 12/14/99 Shalee Robyn 6/24/92
    Rocky 6/02
    Fluffy 11/02

It looks like a great time! I'm glad they surprised you! Congratulations on your engagement and upcoming wedding!!!

Many thanks to Roxyluvsme13 & k9krazee for my great new siggy!!
    *click* Kirk's Recovery Thread *click*

What a nice surprise. Must have been fun. You must be getting so excited about the wedding.

Tiff and the ever expanding krewe
    Scout, Gigi, & Bixby -the kitties
    Rory, Lola, Jax, Max, & Lulu -the ferrets

How thoughtful of your friends! I have to plan a shower for my best friend and sorority sister. She is getting married in August and I am her maid of honor. Not sure where to start, yet!

Bet you are getting anxious. You're wedding day will be here in no time!

What a wonderful surprise!

Thank you for sharing pictures. (I'm evious... I'd love to have a smoothie maker! )
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

What a wonderful surprise! Thanks for letting us see the pictures.
    Rosemary, Hayley & Mandy

Our little angel.

"A kitten is a rosebud in the garden of the Animal Kingdom"
    -Robert Southey

Sounds like you had a ball! Such nice gifts you got too!!

Good thing it wasn't my shower - I would have really been upset to show up dressed for the mall etc. and then find out it was a shower for me. Sure your friends know you well enough that it was a fun idea for you.

CONGRATS! Yes, it's always fun to be surprised, not to mention get a lot of stuff when you weren't expecting it for the house!