Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What operating system do you have?

What operating system do you have?

What operating system do you have and what do you think of it? I have windows 2000. I was just curious to know, my friend has ME and says she doesn't have things like windows explorer and stuff like that..anyone else?

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

I had win2k for 1 day until it drove me mad cause it didn't work, so I'm back to XP & its fairly good, it does what I want & it has movie maker

I have ME and I do have Windows Explorer. Maybe your friend just couldn't find it or something?

I HATE ME though. Blah.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

My dad says ME is one of (if not the worst) operating systems..I was wondering about that..I've only used windows 95, 98 and 2000..my brother has Xp

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

DON'T LAUGH!!!!

windows 95

I told you not to laugh!

Windows 2000 professional. I love it...it very rarely crashes.

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

Well, I'll be the first...I use a Mac, OS X. LOVE it. My whole dept at work uses Mac, which is great since I was already a diehard Mac user....
    -babolaypo

Only that which is the other gives us fully unto ourselves.
    -Sri Yogananda

It's important to have an end to journey toward but it's the journey that matters in the end.
    -Ursula Leguin

Windows 98

OMG! You are all backwards! LOL J/K

We have XP on all computers! What's a computer without XP? Now I HATE other windows! XP is the best. Its so different!

XP NEVER crashes! If something happens, you restart the computer and it fixes itself up before re-entering windows.

Originally posted by popcornbird
    OMG! You are all backwards! LOL J/K

We have XP on all computers! What's a computer without XP? Now I HATE other windows! XP is the best. Its so different!

XP NEVER crashes! If something happens, you restart the computer and it fixes itself up before re-entering windows.
    Agreed! Ugh my computer in my room has 98 or 95 and i HATE it. This computer has XP. It's so much faster... and hasn't crashed *knock on wood*

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

(Kfamr - your sig cracks me up - I love Chris Rock)

I have Windows XP Professional, and while it doesn't "crash" like ME did, it is still pretty aggravating at times. Since it's the Pro version, it has an administrator and then user accounts. Sometimes when I install programs as the administrator, they aren't available to all the users on the computer, and the whole professional aspect of it is hard for me to learn. (I spend an awful lot of time on the Microsoft support website )

When I first got my PC 2 years ago, it came with ME preinstalled, which was the "state of the art" back then. For the longest time I thought I was incredibly techno-impaired or something, since I couldn't get stuff to work properly and kept getting the dreaded "blue screen" crashes, but then I found out that Windows ME is just JUNK.

But, if you're using older versions of Windows and they're working out for you, why bother upgrading? Some folks just don't need all the bells and whistles that XP has, although I personally like playing with all the "toys".
    The legend says that Mohammed adored cats. When one of them was sleeping on his sleeve and he had to go out, Mohammed supposedly cut off the sleeve so as not to disturb his pet.

A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast - Proverbs 12:10

How we behave toward cats here below determines our status in heaven. - Robert A. Heinlein

What greater gift than the love of a cat? ~ Charles Dickens

There is, incidently, no way of talking about cats that enables one to come off as a sane person. - Dan Greenberg

If purring could be encapsulated, it'd be the most powerful anti-depressant on the market. ~Alexis F. Hope

We used to have Windows ME; that system was awful!
    Since we have Windows XP professional, no more complains here! IT IS SUPER!!

Macintosh! Have been a Mac user since 1984/5, not exactly sure when my little brother got his machine, but I saw it demonstrated before it came out, and said "That's It! That's how computers SHOULD be!" And I was right, as "Windows" is pretty Macintosh-like, WYSIWYG and GUI and all!

My first computer, 14 years ago, was an Apple IIC Plus which I used for 10 years without one single problem. When I decided it was time to get a new one, my choice was a Mac Power G3. Needless to say I'm a Mac fan and wouldn't use anything else.

The following may be controversial enough to be sent to the "Dog House," but it's very funny and Bill Gates asked for it:

"At a recent computer expo (COMDEX), Bill Gates reportedly compared the computer industry with the auto industry and stated: "If GM had kept up with technology like the computer industry has, we would all be driving twenty-five dollar cars that got 1000 miles to the gallon." In response to Bill's comments, General Motors issued a press release stating: If GM had developed technology like Microsoft, we would all be driving cars with the following characteristics:

1. For no reason whatsoever your car would crash twice a day.
    2. Every time they repainted the lines on the road you would have to buy a new car.
    3. Occasionally your car would die on the freeway for no reason, and you would just accept this, restart and drive on.
    4. Occasionally, executing a maneuver such as a left turn, would cause your car to shut down and refuse to restart, in which case you would have to reinstall the engine.
    5. Only one person at a time could use the car, unless you bought "Car95"
    or "CarNT." But then you would have to buy more seats.
    6. Macintosh would make a car that was powered by the sun, reliable, five times as fast, and twice as easy to drive, but would only run on five per cent of the roads.
    7. The oil, water temperature and alternator warning lights would be replaced by a single "general car default" warning light.
    8. New seats would force everyone to have the same size butt.
    9. The airbag system would say "Are you sure?" before going off.
    10. Occasionally for no reason whatsoever, your car would lock you out and refuse to let you in until you simultaneously lifted the door handle, turned the key, and grab hold of the radio antenna.
    11. GM would require all car buyers to also purchase a deluxe set of Rand McNally road maps (now a GM subsidiary), even though they neither need them nor want them. Attempting to delete this option would immediately cause the car's performance to diminish by 50% or more. Moreover, GM would become a target for investigation by the Justice Department.
    12. Everytime GM introduced a new model car buyers would have to learn how to drive all over again because none of the controls would operate in the same manner as the old car.
    13. You'd press the "start" button to shut off the engine."

It looks like some people at GM have a sense of humor.

"All men are created equal but none of them is equal to a dog." From the "Howard Huge" cartoon..

I run several OS's at work: Win XP, Win 2000, Win Nt 4.0, and Unix. At home, I have Win XP.