Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Dog wanted!

Good luck with your future dog I think that if it's really ment to be with a specific dog, things will just fall into place. Chances are that a rescue will not meet 1/2 way, but there are plenty of people here at PT who would be more then willing to help with a transport. Me included. Just let us know.

I used to go to school in the U.P. (Michigan Technological University) and I LOVE it there! Absolutely beautiful but cooooooold! I have been itching to get back to the U.P., specifically to the Porcupine Mountains, and in Houghton to check out my old college again. Lots of memories there in the U.P. for me.

Again, best of luck and if you need a hand with a transport, don't hesitate to call on us.

Originally posted by stacwase
    I don't know - maybe I'm just overly opinionated, but I don't like the idea of buying puppies. It seems like it encourages people to breed their dogs, and too many dogs are being euthanized as it is. Reputable breeders don't usually advertise in papers, either.

But - as the puppies have already been born, maybe you should have a look at them. ? That is definitely a very low price.
    that is exactly what i thought to....a low price i mean. I dont know much about byb's. Our dog was bought buy a breeder in the cities. It sounds to me like that kita/boxer is a good dog. Will he work?

Keep us updated!
    [size=1]Rachel & Sally

$60 for a puppy is very, very low. Too low. You cannot get a "deal" on a good, healthy dog. The person advertising this is a backyard breeder hoping to make a quick buck, or a careless dog owner who didn't spay his dog and is trying to turn a profit off his mistake.

German Shephards are expecially prone to many serious (and ultimately fatal or dehabilitaing) conditions, including hip dysplasia. A good breeder will test the parent dogs against this. A good breeder will also:

-agree to take the dog back at *any point of its life*

-have a waiting list of buyers before the pups are born

-is breeding to uphold the standard of the breed

-have both parents on site and will let you look at them

-do some sort of homecheck

-spay/neuter the pups, or make you sign soemthing saying you will do it

-give the pups at least their first round of shots

-keep the pups with the mother dog for at least 8 (preferably 10-12) weeks.

If the breeder fails to do any of this, it's not a legit one. Please don't keep thse awful people in business.

I emailed the lady about the akita/boxer mix and she said that I'd have to drive to Toledo. I actually found a bunch of links to shelters in my area (I had looked for them unsuccessfully forever!) and I think I might try to keep within a 100 mile radius. That way I can meet the dog and have him meet his new family of 2-legged and 4-legged animals before he commits himself!

Thanks for the siggy, Lexi_Lover!

So you are getting that dog. WONDERFUL! I am so happy for you and wish you and your new dog good luck! I hope all goes well!
    [size=1]Rachel & Sally

Sorry Tiger isn't going to work out for! Glad that you found some shleters closer to you though...that right dog is out there somewhere!!!

Oh me so you arent getting the dog. Ok I am .
    LOL
    [size=1]Rachel & Sally

Dog found!

I finally got a dog! My husband and I met Max today at a shelter and it was love at first sight!

He's a 2-year-old Shepherd mix. I don't know what he's mixed with - maybe Rottweiler? But he's georgous. He's good with kids and dogs. My little sheltie has already established himself as alpha. But he's not old and he's anything but laid-back!

He's also a great big baby, and he LOVES car rides! In fact when the lady at the shelter let me take him out to walk him, he saw a truck with its door open and took off so fast I couldn't hold onto him, and he jumped into the open truck door!! When we got home we went right out and got one of those no-pull harnesses because he is unbelievably strong. He actually pulled me across the room in my chair - a regular chair without wheels!

I just found out he loves cats. He went after my cat and licked him to death. The cat was saturated head to toe, and his fur was sticking up everywhere!

So - what do you think of him?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Congratulations!!!! Max is adorable! He sounds like the perfect match!!
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

Thank you, Sudilar! He's a handful, that's for sure. I wish I had 1/4 his energy!

Congratulations on your new boy! He is darling and just like everyone said, the right one is out there, you just have to be a bit patient! Your patience paid off!

And Welcome, Tracy, to Pet Talk! I'm glad you made it over here. Can you give an update on Axel? Didn't I read on Just Dogs that you have found a home for him?

Forget my question, Tracy! I just read your separate post on Axel. Congratulations on a great adoption weekend!!!

Logan
    Last edited by Logan; 04-28-2003 at 08:55 AM.