Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dog wanted!

Tracy, I'm in Northern Illinois. The new rescue is still getting all the paperwork and legal stuff in order before we break lose! It is a slow process, but it is moving. We aren't taking in any dogs (except for the 9yr. old female). So sorry we can't help yet.
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

Tracy,

Axel looks PERFECT! Any chance you could see what he's like around kids??? Beautiful, beautiful dog. Tell me more about him!

Oh my gosh - I'm so excited. My husband even likes him! Where are you located, Tracy???

Me again!!! Tracy, how did he do on the leash?? Could you see what he's like around cats? I don't have any problem with ear infections, my other dog (Jake) gets them all the time. Would Jake be a problem for him? Jake's a neutered male. Does he bark a lot? Does he like men?

My rescue is in Big Rapids which is about 1 hour north of Grand Rapids and 45 minutes west of Mt. Pleasant.

When I first got Axel, he had this huge intimidating bark whenever my husband would approach his crate. He was doing the same thing to one of the volunteers at animal control and he wouldn't even walk into the pen with him. When I first met him, he tried to pull it on me but I walked into the pen with him and got a huge kiss and a wag of the tail . He's a very scary looking dog but a major pussycat. He doesn't sit outside and bark but he will if someone pulls into the driveway.

VERY housebroke and for 22 days wouldn't even go to the bathroom in the outside pen at the shelter. He is calm in the house and prefers to just lay at my feet wherever I am. I would trust him loose in my house if I didn't already have my own 4 running around. He'll play ball but doesn't have a huge interest in running and exerting himself too much. He could use a little basic obediance training but he doesn't pull like crazy on the leash when you walk him. I accidentally left the gate open the other day and when I turned around Axel was just standing next to me like "what do you want to do now?" He's not too interested in escaping that's for sure!

I'll have to borrow someone's kid and/or cat to test him out. I forgot to do that at the shelter. He gets along fine with my neutered males and like I said, just tends to ignore them more than anything. It's supposed to be gorgeous here today so I'll probably run him down to the city park to see how he does with alot of people roaming around.

My website is listed down in my signature if you'd like to fill out an application and get more info about my rescue .
    Tracy

Northwest Shepherd Haven

"You become forever responsible for what you have tamed"
    Antoine de Saint-Exupery

LOL I thought I had put my website in my signature but I guess not.

Northwest Shepherd Haven
    Tracy

Northwest Shepherd Haven

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Thanks, Tracy. I filled out an application.

Ohhhh, I hope this works out!!!! Wouldn't it be great?
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

It would be SO great! I am so excited

Good thing I'm far away from Tracy. She has some very tempting cuties in her rescue
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Here's a couple more pics I took of him this morning. I had some of him playing with the 6 month old GSD pup but they came out horrible!
    We are certainly enjoying the sunshine we're finally getting here.

He goes in to get his ears rechecked on Friday and I'll keep you posted on how that goes.
    Tracy

Northwest Shepherd Haven

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Axel is just GORGEOUS!! What a handsome fella! Hope this works out for stacwase!

Ohhhh!! Axel is a beauty!

I was going to find out when or if there was going to be a transport for him and if I could help but Big Rapids is already a bit North/West of me. *sighs*

I wish you luck!
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Glad you have your join us Tracy! Looks like you may have just the dog she is looking for!!! He is gorgeous!! I hope he finds a wonderful home soon!!!

Oh - he's sooo beautiful and very scary-looking! But when you look in his eyes you can see he's a sweety. How long ago did you rescue him?

As I told you in my application, I sort of have two homes. We went to the second home today and started making plans for the fence. I'm thinking of a five-foot wooden fence around the back yard, for when he goes out.

I met one of the neighbor dogs today - a big, old, laid-back Great Dane. Who knows - maybe they'll have play dates!

By the way, Tracy, I forgot to ask you how long you've had him? I once rescued a dog from the shelter and, when I brought her home, she was so timid and quiet that we thought she was incapable of barking! After about 2 weeks, though, she came out of her shell. She was a wonderful dog.

Do you think Axel has come through the transition period and that you're seeing his true personality yet?