Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jubilant Iraqi's Welcome Marines

Jubilant Iraqi's Welcome Marines

After 30 years, jubiliant Iraqi's enjoy first tast of freedom!!!

Read the good news!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Madonna??? That's funny!! Kind of an oxymoron in this case since Madonna is so outspoken for her distaste of the war!! lol

Anyway, that's great. I know not all Iraqis feel that way, but, it's nice to see that a lot of them realize what's going on.

Thanks Tats!!

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

I wish I had a television in my office. I'm listening to the local talk radio and they have been giving the "play by play". At one point, a few minutes ago, the host got so choked up with emotion that he had to pass the microphone to his asst. He commented that after all the horrors of 9-11, to witness this jubiliation just shook him to the core. He said it is an "amazing sight" and he's playing Ray Charles now!!

I know it isn't over as there is still fighting going on in other areas, but I am truly happy for these people and our brave soldiers who have freed them.
    Last edited by Logan; 04-09-2003 at 08:38 AM.

Dozens of Iraqi's are scaling a 50' statue of Saddam, located in the center of Baghdad, tying a "noose" around his neck, attempting a little "toppling" of their own!! Where's the Information Minister, "Baghdad Bob??" Where Tarek Aziz? Where's Saddam??? GONE!!!!!!!!!!!! It's not over, but watching the Iraqi's enjoying a deep breath of freedom, is beyond words.

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Thanks for the read, Sandra. It is quite encouraging and probably meant a lot to the troops.

Not to change the subject, but in that same Reuters page down at the bottom, there is an article about a puppy (sounds awful, turns out okay.)
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

I saw the desecration of Saddam's statues by the Iraqis on TV like 10 minutes ago, and it was truly a nice sight. Let's hope their freedom and joy lasts!

Please sign my guestbook if you have the time

Absolutely, that's what we have to hope for now, Ann! I pray that the the transfer of power is peaceful. And there are still areas of the country where their is fighting. And after the celebration ends, there will still be a lot of hard work ahead, helping to heal the wounds, helping to rebuild the country, and finally, GIVING IRAQ BACK TO THE IRAQI'S!!!! I am SO happy for them. I pray the good news continues.
    Last edited by tatsxxx11; 04-09-2003 at 08:55 AM.

Are you crying, Sandra?? I am!!!

Yup!!!!

*nods* Exactly. Does anyone know who will come in power after this? I hear some sources saying the Iraqis will democratically elect a leader and I hear some sources saying the USA will put in a government and so on. It seems rather vague right now, but I truly hope everything will work out for the best.

A "transistional" government will be put into place, overseen by the U.S. and the U.N. (to what extent has yet to be determined, and argued over!!!) to allow for the country to regain some degree of stability. Most important is to first return all of the basic services, water, elec., etc. to the country and provide the needed humanitarian aide. There are a few Iraqi "governments in exile," many of whom have now returned to Iraq after decades of banishment. With so many different factions, sects, within the country, all with varying interests, vying for a voice in the govt., the Irqai's themselves have a lot to sort out as they plan for their national elections. Right now the "battle" will be, I believe, over what extent the U.N. will be involved in the transisition.

Gotcha, thanks for explaining that! I sure hope that installing water and so, like you said, will be given high priority. There are so many diseases and problems from bad water resources and facilities.

Just woke up and got on the computer, remember it's 7 A.M. here and reading your article Sandra, put tears in my eyes. I'm so happy for the people of Iraq perhaps they will have the freedom now that they never had all those years. It's a joy to see them so happy. Now all our men have to do is clean up the rest of the thugs and maybe get ready to go home. They must be so tired.
    I'm sure they will get to go home and replacements will come in.
    Jackie

This story was breaking this morning and the scenes from Baghdad were just coming in as I was getting ready for work. I broke down with tears of gratitude to all of the men and women who worked so hard to bring this to pass and most of all to God! I listened to the coverage on the radio on the way into work and just could not stop the tears. What a happy day it is indeed! Just now I saw on local TV some footage of an Iraqi community somewhere in Michigan marching in jubilation waving US flags!

Originally posted by Ann
    I saw the desecration of Saddam's statues by the Iraqis on TV like 10 minutes ago, and it was truly a nice sight. Let's hope their freedom and joy lasts!

it's thursday on the other side of the international date line......

that "nice sight" was brought to you courtesy of the UNITED STATES government, the soldiers that spilled their blood, and the families who lost loved ones during this war.......

the war that sooooooooooo many people were against...
    enjoy it but try another word instead of 'desecration'...it's semantics but you only desecrate something that is holy or has a value to a people....

and thanks again for supplying us with those nifty Carl Gustav
    anti tank rockets.....when it comes to killing tanks...you guys rock!!!!!
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.