View Poll Results: would your dog protect you?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes my dogs would attack.

13 48.15%
  • Maybe, I am not sure.

10 37.04%
  • No my dog would not care.

2 7.41%
  • Nope my dog would hide.

2 7.41%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: protective dogs

protective dogs

would your dog protect you if someone was hurting you?

My Tikeya would. I have two stories...

one time my dad was tickling me so hard i was crying cuz it urt and I was screaming as well. My dad didnt relize he was tickling me to hard. Tikeya attacked him.

another time I was at this guys house and him and his friend attacked me and pretended to rape me. I got really scared. I thought they were seriouse, so I screamed to the high heavens. They wouldent stop even though I said "NO". I was struggling and kicking and screaming. One guy held me down the other undid his pants. Tikyea jumped on the guy that was undoing his pants back and was bearing her teeth and growling. He stopped right away. And I canned him and grabed Tikeya and ran home. It was super scary.
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

I have no fear that my girls would protect me, Brian, our house, and anybody else they're close to! They've proved this to Brian and I time and time again.

First, before we got Destiny, Brian come in late one night because of duty and Dakota stood him off at the door growling and barking until she could see him and hear his voice. Then, after we got Destiny, he came home from working night shift one night and they both pulled the same thing. Even at him mothers house, while I was there alone, they let his mom come in the door. A few minutes later when her boyfriend tried to enter, Dakota let him reach the door, but as soon as he turned to close the door, she started growling and barking while Destiny sat by my side. They did not want that man in that house while Brian's mom and I were there alone! With reassurance from his mom and I, she backed off, but she wasn't letting her guard down until Brian got back. Then, just 2 weeks ago Brian walked into our spare room to get one of his shirts out of the closet while Dakota and Destiny were sleeping on the loveseat and I was just waking up in bed. They didn't see him go in, but saw him come out with the shirt over his head (couldn't quite see the head) so Destiny growled, Dakota barked, and they both lunged off the loveseat toward him until they realize it was him. Of course, Destiny went sliding trying to hit her breaks, but nobody got her. Scared Brian though, he thought he was going to get messed up pretty bad by our own dogs (good thing they stop as soon as they hear or see that it's us they're about to attack)!

Dakota has tried to defend Brian a few times when people are stupid out in public too. There have been 1 or 2 times that people have approached Brian and been really mean for no reason and Dakota doesn't like it at all. Brian told me that she wanted to go after one guy once because he cut Brian off and then followed him to Petsmart and got out of his vehicle and yelled at Brian and tried to complain about Dakota barking at him. Well, duh, you pulled up, got out of your car, and started yelling at and threatening that dogs owner. What did you think the dog was going to do? Lick you!

The good thing is that our girls definately know the difference of playing around and somebody really threatening us. They are friendly as can be to most people. Brian and I can play fight all we want without the girls jumping in. I can even try to get them to get him, say ouch, do anything I want to try to get them to think I'm serious and they won't do it. They know the difference. We can even be this way with neighbors too and they know the difference. It's only people that they know we are truly threatened by that they try to stand up and do what they feel they need to! It makes me so proud, I've got friendly dogs that will defend me if I need them to and they know when that is!

another time I was at this guys house and him and his friend attacked me and pretended to rape me. I got really scared. I thought they were seriouse, so I screamed to the high heavens. They wouldent stop even though I said "NO". I was struggling and kicking and screaming. One guy held me down the other undid his pants. Tikyea jumped on the guy that was undoing his pants back and was bearing her teeth and growling. He stopped right away. And I canned him and grabed Tikeya and ran home. It was super scary.
    This scares me, frankly, and not because of the dog's reaction.

Those guys are such morons...how stupid!

I don't know if Mickey would protect me. Actually, he is more of a barker and run up kinda dog but he would never *attack* He is still kinda a puppy and still small but getting very protective and territorial..but maybe. I hope he would!

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

Duncan is extremely protective!! As many of the long time pet talkers know!! They have heard my stories! He's much much too overprotective and although I love him dearly, I would prefer he didn't love me so much!!! There is not another soul in the world that he will allow to come near me or hurt me. Even my mother has to be careful when she hugs me....
    It's nice and flattering when our dogs protect us. But it's also terrifying to own a dog like this.
    Don't get me wrong, Duncan is my baby and I absolutely adore him and we're working on this problem and have been since I first adopted him. There are times however, when I wish he was more like one of the friendly lovable goldens...

My Tikeya knows the difference between play and reality as well anna. When my dad was tickling my It really hurt and he wouldent stop. So my dog told him to stop Loud and clear.

Me and my dad can ressle and crud and tikeya plays to it is really cute, she whines soo loud lol. Oscar is the type of dog to Pretend that he is tuff and crap intull the person comes closer then he runs for Cover. lol

My Cocker is too HUMAN loving to attack. If it was an animal, then she would probably attack it without thinking.

What kind of dog is Tikeya?

Well I guess Tikeya didnt relly attack, so more or less warned the ppl to back off.

Tikeya is a siberian husky :P

What kind of dog is Tikeya?
    Tikeya is a siberian hsuky

My dog Leather, is very very very protective!!! I love it about her You never ever go near her house or her car, or she will bite you One time, this chick came over to my dad's house while Leather was outside, waiting in the car. Well, we have a convertible. So there was no roof on..Leather was tied up, but my dad forgot to put the muzzle on her, and she was barking like crazy at this lady. Well, what a very stupid chick for going up to a very large dog, a german shepherd for another, that is barking at her! Leather almost took her face off
    She would definatly protect me from anyone, and I trust her completely. She's a very good dog to have around when you are afraid. Whenever I watch scary movies, I snuggle up close to her, and I'm not scared anymore

Timber, barks like crazy when someone is walking down our back alley. She has such a puppyish high-pitched voice, but when she's being territorial, she makes it loud and deep (sounds incredibly fake to me ). But when the people get up to the gate to come in, she automatically believes that they are nice people that we MUST have invited, and jumps and licks them all over . Unless the person is my dad. For some reason, that I will never know, she can't stand him. She won't go near him, and growls at him, which is odd, becuase she is not a growly dog. She will stand in front of me protectively, but when my dad comes over, she hides behind me like a baby If someone was hurting me, I couldn't see her attacking. She's too submissive, which bothers me, because submissive dogs aren't really my type I could see her barking alot though. If it was a dog attacking me, she would attack like nothing else. She's very protective of me around other dogs
    I've been BOO'd!

Simba would attack you if he didn't know you even if you weren't harming me. He's very protective of our home and he gets put away when people come over until everything settles down then i bring him out, let him sniff do tricks so on...
    He always jumps on my dad when we're playing, like punching each other or something.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Honey probably wouldn't attack anyone or anything. I know when we're just horsing around she nibbles at our socks and pant legs. She might jump on a person, but that's it.

Jessie and Cleatus would tag team whoever, whereever, whenever, how ever big or little. lol They aren't mean or nasty dogs at all, but when it comes to someone hurting anyone in my family they don't tolerate it. One time my brother started fighting with me and no matter what he or I did both of them started jumping, barking, and pushing my brother around. Jessie and Cleatus are definately more protective of my mom and I.

Then on the other hand they bark like crazy not letting anyone in the door sometimes, but turn around and lick them to death. So who knows....lol. Oh well.
    Lauren, Honey, Orion, Caeleigh, Chloe & Stangly

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH KAYANN FOR THE WONDERFUL SIG!

Yes, Sadie is very protective! She will berk wildly when the dorbell rings, and stuff like that, and I'm sure she would attack if someone tried to hurt me or a family member.

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

I know Katie will because she's attacked Dustin before but I don't know about Bull.

Dustin has the habit of staying here late so usually when he leaves everyone is asleep (excluding me of course). Well about a month ago his car wouldn't start and (of course) the door was locked behind. So knowing that Katie was still in the back yard he walked around to the back, (if there's a dog out the back door is left unlocked til we bring them in) he came through the gate and he said that Katie went into attack mode. She came running at him snapping but she backed down when she seen who it was. It showed us that she was willing to protect her family.

Sometimes when Katie barks at night Bull will get up to see about it. He'll usually run along the back fence barking at people in the ally but I don't know how much of a fighter he actually is. (I believe he's a lover not a fighter)
    Hold your head high.
    Don't ever let 'em define
    The light in your eyes.
    Love yourself, give them Hell.
    You can take on this world.
    You just stand and be strong
    And then fight
    Like a girl.

Prince is already pretty protective for me... barks if something hurts me, he is only a pup, so I don' tknow if he would attack. I know who woiuld though. My cousin has two dogs, a chihiaua (sp!) dachshund(sp!) mix, and a Rat Terrier. the mix is Chico ("small" in spanish) and Rufus. They start biting and barking...

Dutchess would and Buck wouldnt but when we owned their baby, Toby, he had the perfect balace.

Annie-Wont she to well socailized and freindly
    Odie-Slightly protective, as most Border Collies
    Bishop-He would definetly.