Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Cat Playpen

The Cat Playpen

This is what we got the cats when we moved house if anyone is interested in building their own.

We bought it off the shelf: the poles are aluminium and the netting is apparently UV-resistant, super dooper netting from Germany (I never knew they made the best cat netting in the world ). It's about 5 metres long x 2.5 metres wide x 1.8 metres high. It's pretty light so it can be moved around or from house to house. There is a zip in the side for hoomans to come in and out - to attach it to the house we cut a small section, stretched a length of washing basket horizontally in it and stuck it to the cat door.

If you want to make your own, I'm sure you could use timber for the frame and maybe shadecloth or some other netting to keep the darlings in

It has a hammock for sleeping, a house to sleep and play in, and a scratching post with steps to get into the hammock. And seeing as we have no garden at this place, their pen got our pot plants as landscaping!

Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

Thats AWESOME!! Thanks for sharing those pics! The kitties look like they're having a great time .. and they're all safe and sound
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

That is sooooo cool!!!
    you could patent that and retire!!!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

That is amazing!!! Where did you get it? Can you order it online? I've never seen anything like it, and I'm pretty inept at building anything I love how it's portable and you can take it when you move!

I WANT ONE!!!! That is the coolest thing I have ever seen! Was it sold specifically as a pet item? Can I get it online? GOTTA HAVE IT!

LOVELY kitty pics, too, by the way - I just hope they don't start smoking those "pot plants"..........
    The legend says that Mohammed adored cats. When one of them was sleeping on his sleeve and he had to go out, Mohammed supposedly cut off the sleeve so as not to disturb his pet.

A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast - Proverbs 12:10

How we behave toward cats here below determines our status in heaven. - Robert A. Heinlein

What greater gift than the love of a cat? ~ Charles Dickens

There is, incidently, no way of talking about cats that enables one to come off as a sane person. - Dan Greenberg

If purring could be encapsulated, it'd be the most powerful anti-depressant on the market. ~Alexis F. Hope

Man, that's cool. Australia outta export that!!

Fabulous!! My cats would LOVE that!!
    This picture is sooooooooo sweet:

A purrfect summer house. I recognize the netting -it's the same I have round my balcony

Your kitties are very lucky!
    `````````````````````````
    I love my furkid Neko!

^TAMA^ 8/24/00 - 4/27/12 Thank you for being in my life I love you always and forever

I love that! I'll have to look for one for Hayley and Mandy.
    Rosemary, Hayley & Mandy

Our little angel.

"A kitten is a rosebud in the garden of the Animal Kingdom"
    -Robert Southey

11. Nicole...what very lucky kitties you have! That is a FABULOUS playpen. They can feel the breeze, smell the scents, and see the birds....all while so safe.

Just wonderful!

Where did you get that , my cats would love it. Is it available in canada , do you think , and how much is it? My cats will be unhappy if I dont get them one!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Great idea!!!
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

That is marvelous, Nicole, and so safe for the kitties!!!! By the way, they are all quite beautiful!! I love seeing them enjoying the great outdoors!!!

I love your new kitty playground!
    It is nice to see some new photos of your blue-eyed cuties too!
    RIP sweet Samantha
    6/26/88-8/28/08
    ----------------------------

Milly & Izzy