Thread: New Cage

New Cage

Okies, so I was out garage saling today, and I found a marvelous cage I bought it, only 15 dollars, fairly good condition.
    It took forever to scrub dsown the whole cage and everything that came with it. I got home at 20 after 4, and it's now 7:34 I just finished like five minutes ago! ahk, so everything that came with it (a double dish, a ceramic dish, a water bottle, a running ball, and a plastic hut ) was first boiled, then scrubbed with a toothbrush and bleach, and then was washed with dish soap lol. So everything is disinfected. The cage took a while, because it is all wire and it's hard to wash around all those little bars The pan in the cage was sooo grubby, there was residue still left and pine shavings all dried and stuck there Luckily, I got it all off.

Apparently, the cage was once owned by a hamster. I asked how long he lived and the man asked his daughter who said three years, so I'm guessing that he couldn't have been too sick, otherwise I wouldn't buy it no matter how well I could clean it.

So I gave Frisco's cage to Icarus, and finally I can connect all three cages that make up Icarus's new cage. Icarus gets more space, but Frisco gets more security, so I hope he can't get out. Icarus knows how to get out of his cage, but it's a question of whether or not he will. He has a few times, but I don't know if he'll keep it up

So anyways, here is the entire ratty estates lol.

I've been BOO'd!

bump
    I've been BOO'd!

Sounds like you got a good bargin.

Impressive looking cage in the photo. Is that four cages attached together ?

On the bottom there is three cages attached together lol. An inexpensive way to have make a big cage out of three totalled ones I moved Frisco's new cage over to the other side of my room, it's now on my organ.

Icarus loves his new huge space. He was having so much fun last night, (Keeping me up!!!) dragging the toilet paper back and forth between cages. He's obsessed with nestbuilding and it's hilarious to watch him. I spent all night laughing out loud.

Frisco wasn't too sure about his cage at first, but he likes it now. Because the holes are designed for a hamster or other small animals, he has to squeeze through, but it's no big deal, the holes are bigger than his head so he makes it through. He loves the three floors. I'm beginning to hate them because to keep me up at night, he pushes on them with his nose and makes them go up and down and they clatter and uggh, it drives me nuts!

but it's all good..
    I've been BOO'd!