Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WMD Reported Found

WMD Reported Found

Just want to let every one know that FOX news is reporting that chemical WMD have for sure been found.
    Last edited by momoffuzzyfaces; 04-07-2003 at 12:48 PM.

I heard/read that, Connie! Can't believe that I am relieved, but I am. I guess, at the least, it adds some validity to what President Bush was saying all along. I KNEW there was something to this whole thing, regardless of the nay-sayers.

Logan

Yeah for them!! Way to go! Logan, I agree, I always felt that they were there but were overlooked (convienently or not). I'm sure glad they found some.

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

I just heard this on my car radio on the way home. I am only hoping that none of this stash has already been given to terrorists or the Bin Laden network.

They say it looks like a nerve agent and one that causes blistering. I can't remember the names and probably couldn't spell them anyway. There were several of them. Of course, some channels are saying this is just a pesticide. The WMD report came from top defense officials though. We'll just have to wait and see.

it's weird to say (type) this, but I am glad they were found--makes the whole effort worth it in a way--that was the original goal, correct--to find the hidden WMD?? And give the Iraqi people a new government, I know, but wasn't the WMD what the UN was supposed to be looking for??
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

A friend told me that, lets just hope that we got ahold of them in time and that they this type of weapons are not used against our troops or anybody else!

I guess one way that I look at it as that most other countries thought we weren't for real about them having these type of weapons, now we finally have proof! That's the only thing I'm happy about with them being found in their country!

I guess The President and the goverment had it right all along. I hope it all has been found in time. Guess I feel like the others - too bad they had it at all - but so happy we found it!!!!!!!!

NBC reports that it is confirmed, but the Defense Dept. wants to wait for furthering "gold standard" testing before confirming. At least a bit of vindication, although the U.S. and Britain are maintaining a strict chain of custody so to speak to defend against any accustions of having planted it. Several of the troops are being treated for symptoms of exposure (Reportedly minor)

I heard Mustard gas, Sarin and another chemical I can't think of at the moment. Sarin is a nerve agent; Mustard Gas a blistering agent

Description:
    Sarin was developed in 1938 in Germany as a pesticide. Sarin is a colorless gas and colourless to pale yellow liquid. The released vapor, because it is slightly heavier than air, hovers close to the ground. Under wet and humid weather conditions, Sarin degrades swiftly, but as the temperature rises up to a certain point, Sarin's lethal duration increases, despite the humidity. Sarin is a lethal cholinesterase inhibitor. Very small doses are needed to kill humans.

Mustard Gas (Yperite) was first used by the German Army in September 1917. The most lethal of all the poisonous chemicals used during the war, it was almost odourless and took twelve hours to take effect. Yperite was so powerful that only small amounts had to be added to high explosive shells to be effective. Once in the soil, mustard gas remained active for several weeks.

The skin of victims of mustard gas blistered, the eyes became very sore and they began to vomit. Mustard gas caused internal and external bleeding and attacked the bronchial tubes, stripping off the mucous membrane. This was extremely painful and most soldiers had to be strapped to their beds. It usually took a person four or five weeks to die of mustard gas poisoning.
    Last edited by tatsxxx11; 04-07-2003 at 03:38 PM.

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Well in reporting that they do have WMD and that is such a scary thought, can one imagine what they would do with them? I don't think it would be for protection. I'm just glad that they haven't used them on the troops to date, and lets hope they are destroyed as soon as possible. From the news I see, it seems the people of Iraq are happy to see the troops and looking forward to a better life without Saddam.
    Jackie, Perry and Miss Daisy

Its not confirmed. At least according to CNN, which I believe is more reliable. Its supected material that is being tested to see if it has chemical agents. http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/...ain/index.html
    We will see if its confirmed in the future, but for now, it isn't. Just suspicious material.
    I love my beautiful and adorable cockatiel birdys (Dumbledore and Hermoine), my sweetie kitten (Hufflepuff), my sun conure (Hedwig) and my new bunny bun bun (Hagrid)!

Bananas jump as they protest for being eaten worldwide!

Birdys, kitties, and bunnies are the rulers of my house..............and they rule well!

Originally posted by petsbestern
    Its not confirmed. At least according to CNN, which I believe is more reliable.
    CNN isn't really any more reliable than any other network. They're just in a snit because FOX got the story first. But, like you said, we will just have to wait and see.

CNN is hardly a reliable source. Of the major news networks they would be at the bottom of the list. I find Fox to be the most reliable, with MSNBC second, CBS, etc etc etc.

I believe now all, with the possible exception of CNN has said that it's true. I've heard it at least 4 different times on 4 different networks both radio and tv.

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

Thank you tatsxxx11 for sharing what those chemicals can do!! I would hate to think that any of them would be used on our people LET ALONE ANYONE.

****Im glad they found those Chemicals!! It kinda serves to having way more of a porpose for being there

I listen to them all and then go with what I think is more sensable and then the majority. But mostly CNN, FOX and NBC are what I hear, mostly FOX because its the only one I can find that cover the war ALL DAY!!

"CNN is hardly a reliable source. Of the major news networks they would be at the bottom of the list. "

Why is this? I don't care much for CNN myself, but I'm curious as to why you feel FOX is better when it's mostly entertainment oriented.