Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ut oh...Big red spots...

ut oh...Big red spots...

Malone has broken out in about 10 bright red puffy spots all over his belly and genitals!! I'm very concerned and will be calling the vet first thing tomorrow morning. They seem to be very itchy as he is licking the area constantly. My poor baby!!

I don't if it's just fleas, or something he picked up at dog class the other night. I just hope it's nothing too serious!!! I'm worried....

that sounds scary! how about looking at vetinfo.com, maybe they can help, that might give you some idea, til you can see the vet tomorrow. I hope Malone will be ok!

Poor Malone! I hope it's nothing to worry about, please let us know what the vet says.
    Give Sweet Malone a big hug & kiss from me

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Ooo...Sounds like it could be an allergic reaction. Has he eaten anything new or different than usual? Also, could he have gotten into poison ivy. I'm not a vet, but those things come to mind based on his symptoms. You may want to wash the area with an oatmeal soap - that's often very soothing to itchy skin.
    Joan

That's strange, Anna. Almost sounds like hives. Can dogs get hives?? I have no idea!! I do hope Malone will be ok. You could give him a Benadryl to see if it gives him some relief.

Give us an update when you can.

kisses to Mr. Malone and let us know how his
    vet visit goes.

----<---<--<{(@

Good luck at the vet Malone. You be a brave boy and help your mama so she doesn't worry too much.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

thanks for the support & kind words. I called the vet this morning, and we have an appt. for 3 on Monday. I take comfort in the fact that he is still eating, sleeping, playing and pooping just fine, but it will be peace of mind to get it checked out!! I really wish that we could have gotten him there today.

How's Malone doing Anna?

Does he still have the big red spots? Is he itchy? Sure hope not!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Re: How's Malone doing Anna?

Originally posted by anna_66
    Does he still have the big red spots? Is he itchy? Sure hope not!
    Yes, he still has the big spots. A couple of them have scabbed off which is maybe a good thing because it's healing??? But I don't know. Last night he woke me up 3 or 4 times when he was scratching/licking the area. I think before bed tonight we will give him a benadryll so he can sleep better.

I'm sorry poor Malone is still bothered by the itching, etc. How large are the spots? Is it possible he rolled in something in the yard, like poison ivy? I guess up where you live things aren't growing yet much but down here the weeds and other junky stuff always seem to start before the grass comes to life. Poor guy! I hope the Benedryl helped.

My Lab Jingles (RB) broke out in big lumps one night, right before our eyes; red and very itchy. The vet said that dogs do get hives and it's very hard to determine the cause. She was treated with Benadryl and it cleared up fine. We never did find the cause; the vet said it could have any one of a hundred things that she had a sudden reaction to. Saying prayers for sweet Malone!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Aww, poor Malone Hope the benadryll helps. Hugs for Malone and hopes that it clears up soon, in fact hope it has all gone long before the vet appointment on Monday!
    Hugs
    Chris

Poor Malone
    Try not to scratch them too much sweetie--I hope all goes well at the vet's on Monday--be sure to let us know
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

poor little baby I hope everything goes good on Monday. Get well soon sweetie pie! CB, keep us updated! and give him a kiss for me!