Thread: People's Comments

People's Comments

What is with some people? I told an Acquaintance of mine about Porch...their comment...when my dogs insides start to go that's it for them. I'm not going through all of that! Why do people have to say things like that to us that will go through this. It's so aggravating!
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

Some people just don't understand. And they can be smart and say things like that now, but it would be interesting to see how they really act when the time comes for them. I would put money on the fact that they won't be quite so smart then, and will "go through all that." Some people.

It's still making my day that your husband changed his mind at the last minute and decided to "go through all that" and that Porch has made it through the surgery successfully.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Me too! Porch is still considered critical and we have a long path ahead of us, but he made it through the worst so I feel that's a good sign.

We have to figure out a way to keep Porch indoors only if he still has a bowel problem, which I'm sure he will since he has neurological damage. I'm a very clean neatnik at home and I couldn't deal with lack of control all over the house. We'll get something figured out. He just may have to be secluded to the gargage and cat run. Right now we have doggy doors going from house to garage to cat run. We do close them off, so this may be the solution.
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

Some people will never understand, they don't have the hearts we have for their animals.

We are a rare breed....and we count on eachother for advice and support.

My best friend LOVES animals and is BIG on animal rights. When I told her about Oliver and all the problems we've been having she said "Well, take him back" so quick I was hurt. It amazes me how people can be so selfish...

I'm sorry someone said that to you... She/He didn't know what they were talking about. Animals obviously don't mean a whole lot to that person.

We support you! Porch is in the luckiest kitty to be in your care...he really is blessed with you and your hubby.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

The biggest problem is this person is a dog lover and has little understanding for us cat people. Don't get me wrong, I'm also a dog lover, have Roxie and had 2 others until a couple years ago..BUT...I wouldn't limit my decisions to cat/dog only! I'm beginning to learn who and what to say to who. That's why this chat site is great, people understand.

I couldn't keep off it today worrying about Porch and knowing all you were supporting us. I get in trouble at work, but today I figured OH WELLLLLL....

Originally posted by K & L
    I'm beginning to learn who and what to say to who. That's why this chat site is great, people understand.
    The ONLY people I can talk to about the cats and know they are actually listening are my friends on Pet Talk!

Still praying for a speedy, safe recovery for sweet Porch.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

I am sorry. People can be so cruel.

Even my in-laws can't understand how or why we love our cats and do so much for them. When Eliza (whom THEY gave up), had her bald butt issue.. they could careless. Their advice ? "just leave it alone , who cares" and my husband and I were frantic trying to find all possible ways to make sure it wasn't serious and get her hair back (which if you remember, it did with a change of food and some extra one on one time to keep her from over grooming!)

I don't understand people who think that way about animals. And usually once I find out they think that way, I stay as far away as possible.

That's what I like about everyone here... we all love our pets like our babies, and we totally understand when one of us is going through something with our pets, or just wants to share a story.... we know that if we want to tell something, that we won't get a weird look, but a "ME TOO, I KNOW!" and hugs when needed, and the most excellent advice..... there needs to be more of us in the world!!

You guys are my heroes for trying so hard to save this kitty! Too many people just don't understand the human-cat bond. I'm hoping for the very best for Porch and for the people who love him.

Insensitive Humans!!!!

I know too well about how insensitive some "humans" can be! My hubby is always telling me how he gets so SICK of the other male species who work with him. They are constantly talking about how they use cats for "target practice" etc...etc.... ... Some of the jerks he works with think it is only "macho" to have BIG DOGS, and that cats are for sissies and of no use to the world!!!!!

My hubby has made it clear that we have and love many cats, so he says some of them have started being a bit more respectful of his feelings, but you still always have the JERKS!!!

My motto: "I quickly tire of humans, but NEVER of cats!"

Kim
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

K & L,

Stupid, stupid people. They treat their pets like possessions . Those are the kinds of people who have ice water running through their veins.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

What a heartless thing to say Just know that we are always here to support you!