Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oliver

From Seattle to San Jose, that means you must have been on I-5, which means that you rode right past me here in Portland.

I just love your sweet expression and those little tufts of fur coming out of your ears. Congratulations our sweet COTD.

Oliver
    What an adorable face!!! No wonder your guardian fell for you. If I had been on that bus you would have come home with me but you knew you would find your very special forever home at trails end didn't you? Congratulations on being our special Cat of the Day, today, sweetie and for sharing your journey with us.

a cat is cat, always a cat, and knows its a cat

Boy! It seems that I have returned home and logged back onto to COTD Talk just in time!

Let me be explicitly clear about this: OLIVER DOES NOT THINK HE IS A DOG! OLIVER KNOWS HE IS A CAT! How many times must I repeat myself here on COTD? Does it not occur to all who write claiming that their cats think they are dogs, that their cats act like dogs, that if the numbers of cats who do these things are so huge perhaps these attributes are quite cat like and not at all limited to dogs?

I am going to prove my point right now. I am sitting here at my computer and the black cat is 8 feet away, atop the 55 gallon fish tank. I am going to call him and he is going to come running over.

"Jim! Here, Jim..." Well, what do you know? Before I could even vocalize the printed words he leaped to the floor and sprung onto my lap.

Now he is atop my monitor. I'll bet Oliver would be interested in sitting atop my monitor. Ever see a dog sit on a monitor?

No? I didn't think so. And yet, somewhere out there I am certain is a dog that sits atop a monitor. And should I ever meet that dog, I will not flatter her by saying he is like a cat.

I am going to send bus far down, so that Oliver can come up here and sit on my monitor - all you have to do is find a bus that goes all the way to Alaska.

Now Jim is in the window. Let me demonstrate once again. "Jim! Here Jim! Jimmy, Jimmy, Jim..."

... Well, he hopped down, walked to the door, pushed it open and left the room entirely.

Close enough. Proves my point.

Now I must feed some fish.

What a wonderful thing to happen on a dreary cross-country bus ride--discovering a small fuzzy stowaway to cuddle and kiss. A touch of real magic in a very prosaic place! I would not recommend this adventure to other kittens though--what if the bus driver had been heartless enough to stop the bus and dump the kitten off?? It's enough to make you shudder!

Long life and happiness to you, Small Wonder--and stay home with Mama from now on!

Can't believe I get to be the first to tell you, Oliver! that I hope you now "Consider Yourself at Home"...I was SURE that was how you got your name. Bless you, hairy eared baby!

Hi Oliver, you are such a beautiful and cute boy! I'm glad you found a nice loving home. Congratulations on COTD!!!!!!
    - - Tiffany && Blueberry - -

Oliver what a cutie you are peeking in at us. I'm glad your adventures turned our alright and that you landed up in the arms of someone who is going to care and love you for the rest of your life.

Congratulations sweetie on being our COTD.

Lots of kitty hugs and kisses for you on your special day.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Oliver, you are a real cutie. Yes it was destiny that you came to be traveling on that bus the same time as your meowmie. What a wonderful happy ending for a little kitty. Enjoy the warmth of Spring and plenty of walks and games of fetch.
    Steffi and Lovable