Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: I got a new pet!!!

I agree it is pretty funny that You think wolf_q has a crap post when 75% of your posts are exactly that!

Will you get over it already, geeze.
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

Wow a Bengal cone! I hadn't heard of those...sounds pretty neat! I, myself, think the Smurf Cones are reallly pretty! Gotta love the blue!

Easily the most adorable cone I've ever seen! Is it altered? Will there be little cones?
    ~Kat

On behalf of cones everywhere, thanks for deciding to take one off the streets and give it a home. Did you know that thousands of cones every year are the target of foolish road games and spitting contests? It's very sad. But, with people like you, cones everywhere have a new chance at a good life!

Some tips for your cone's care:

Try not to leave it unattended in the road. It REALLY scares them.

Do not leave your cone too close to heat producers.. I've seen too many melting tragedies to mention

Finally, cones really enjoy companions. If you notice, they are usually seen in groups, spaced out equally in a line. Try to recreate this environment for your cone, and he should be a great companion for many years to come!!

ConeRescue

theres blue ones!!! thats my fav colour!!! I want I want I want... I'll put it beside my 2 blue dogs on my bed

Welcome to Pet Talk, ConeRescue! What incredible timing, for you to join the board just as we are talking about cones! It will be nice to have the opinions of an "expert" represented here.

At least we know you will also be here as a resource for us, just like Mr. Coral!
    The legend says that Mohammed adored cats. When one of them was sleeping on his sleeve and he had to go out, Mohammed supposedly cut off the sleeve so as not to disturb his pet.

A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast - Proverbs 12:10

How we behave toward cats here below determines our status in heaven. - Robert A. Heinlein

What greater gift than the love of a cat? ~ Charles Dickens

There is, incidently, no way of talking about cats that enables one to come off as a sane person. - Dan Greenberg

If purring could be encapsulated, it'd be the most powerful anti-depressant on the market. ~Alexis F. Hope

OMG I think this is about the funniest post here! Who cares if it's pointless, it's funny!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Originally posted by All Creatures Great And Small
    Welcome to Pet Talk, ConeRescue! What incredible timing, for you to join the board just as we are talking about cones! It will be nice to have the opinions of an "expert" represented here.
    Thank you! I like to try and keep track of as many cones as possible - a huge job as you can imagine!

It looks like Winston is in good hands so far though.

I would really discourage you letting your dogs "mark" him though. How humiliating!

Please - consider adopting a cone of your own, maybe even two. They are great pets and very low maintenance. Also you can leave them unattended while at work without a problem. If you are concerned with your cone's loneliness, play a tape of "police sounds" like sirens and traffic whistles. It helps to make them feel important and useful

Cheshirekatt, he's not yet, but will be soon!

Wow, ConeRescue, nice to see you on here! Thanks for the great tips! I think a cone buddy may be in order...and I'll definitely try spacing them in line, possibly with the caution tape around them.

Yeah, I know the dog "marking" was very humiliating for him! He turned a shade of bright red!! I think I'll be keeping Reggie and Smokey away from him for now. Nebo still really hasn't figured out how to do that, so I think Winston will be safe with him.

Great idea, ConeRescue! I was thinking of maybe taping some construction sounds to play while I am at work. I really am thinking of getting a Glittered Bengal Cone (the glittered ones are the kind with holographic stripes around them), but I need to do a little more research yet, particularly on how well they will get along with my Extremely Special Striped Tabby Cats (the 4 in my signature below). I've heard various Tikeyas Mom, just GO AWAY!!! theories on the interpersonal relationships.....oh, sorry about that, I didn't mean to interject so rudely, but I have an extremely rare disorder that causes my subconscious thoughts to suddenly manifest themselves in my typing. I'm frequently misunderstood on message boards and forums because of it. I hope everyone will have sympathy for me since I can't control it.
    The legend says that Mohammed adored cats. When one of them was sleeping on his sleeve and he had to go out, Mohammed supposedly cut off the sleeve so as not to disturb his pet.

How we behave toward cats here below determines our status in heaven. - Robert A. Heinlein

There is, incidently, no way of talking about cats that enables one to come off as a sane person. - Dan Greenberg

If purring could be encapsulated, it'd be the most powerful anti-depressant on the market. ~Alexis F. Hope

Great idea with the caution tape!

Cones love to play tricks Add a sign that says "caution" or "do not enter" and they will really get a kick out of that!

The only thing I wonder about is where you plan to keep Winston at night. I have heard that cones have a tendency to wander out onto the streets at night........it's just instinct for them. You may have to set up a little pile of asphalt in a corner of the house somewhere to make him feel at home.
    This is a very good point. Setting up the caution tape can help to eliminate the wandering problem. Also, anything like asphalt, sand, dirt - even some stacked boxes will encourage Winston to "stand guard" overnight, and reduce the risk of wandering

I was thinking of maybe taping some construction sounds to play while I am at work. I really am thinking of getting a Glittered Bengal Cone (the glittered ones are the kind with holographic stripes around them), but I need to do a little more research yet, particularly on how well they will get along with my Extremely Special Striped Tabby Cats
    Yay! Someone else interested in cone adoption!

Bengal Cones are nice but please consider one in rescue. Too often the glitter gets marred by careless drivers. However, they have the same temperament and would love a safe home.

Construction sounds work really well too!

Cone's get along with cats no problems, as long as kitty doesn't use claws on the cone!

Just HOW DO YOU solve a problem like Maria?
    LOL, congrats Amy really I mean it. I'm sure the cone will be happy and live out the rest of it's days with you and Nebo...and furture members of your family...after all I've heard cones have a pretty long life expectence..unless they get used in agility and well then they tend to get trambeled.

I might have to go out and get me a cone or two...do you think I can get one in black and white? after all you know that's my colour scheme and all in accordance to the prophecy.
    Goonies never say die!

Thanks Amy for the great sig!

Belive it or not, cones can be quite tough when they feel threatened! The muffler of my 1976 Monte Carlo (total shaggin wagon) was a casualty of a frightened and very protective cone. I'll never get that picture out of my head.....a cone, my poor muffler just laying in the street. Grisly carnage. I'm glad to report the cone was fine and never sought any revenge.
    ~Kat

Well, goodnight everybody, and remember this advice from the moderators and members - If a thread bothers you, don't read it! Thank you! We're outta here!