Thread: Pointer Mix who needs home!

Pointer Mix who needs home!

My teacher has a Pointer mix. Who they feel they need to re-home due to moving. My teacher thinks he wont be able to adjust to Ohio, where she ie moving, and woudl adjust better to a new home and family ( ). The dog has spent most of his life locked up in a den and now needs someone to love him. He is 12 years old and from what I hear an exellent dog! I only know a little bit about him but I will tell you everything I know.

His name is Domeno, he is a male and is Neutered.He is not crate trained, but is house broken. He is good with Kids. He is also good with dogs if he is not on a leash. When he was younger his owners daughter brought home a cat and he loved the cat so we think he is good with cats although we are not 100% sure. He is ok on car rides but he tends to get nervous. He is up to date on all shots and is on no medication. He just recently had a tumur removed from his hip but he is recovering nicely. He will run away if he gets out. He is a little agressive on a leash, he doesn't want to be pet or have other dogs aproach him. However, if he is not on a leash he is fine.

Thats all I know, sorry. He will be living with my teacher till Good Friday, if he has not found a home he will be living with me. Please if you or someone you know are interested in a good dog, give me a PM!

***Pictures Comeing Soon***

Thanx alot!
    Ash
    Last edited by Aspen and Misty; 03-31-2003 at 09:07 PM.
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

I can't believe that a dog who was a family companion for 12 yrs. could be dumped. I love the reasoning...She doesn't think the dog could adjust to life in Ohio? No, what will be hard is adjusting to life without his family. You're a sweetheart for trying to help him. Sadly, so few families want seniors, but don't stop trying. He's sounds very special. I know you'll do all you can to help him. Poor guy

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Tell your teacher he will adjust NO Problem to life in another state. That is just about the worst excuse I've heard for dumping a family pet. At 12 years old, he is a senior dog, and would not quickly get adopted at a shelter. This is heartless of the family. I am so sad for the doggie!

Ughh, couldn't agree with you guys more!! I have been telling her for days Ohio is not much diffrent then here and he will do fine! But noooo he wont, she thinks he is like going to die if he switches from states, like he will ever know! Ughh, she makes me sooooo angry! She doesn't understand dogs at all!!!!

Well any way . She will be moving on Good Friday which is not that far from here. My dad said he can come to our house for a couple more weeks to give me some more time to find him a home. We don't plan on keeping him at this time. I'm not sure what we are going to do if we can't find a home for him. I feel so bad for the poor guy, he is so old and should be aloud to live his life with his family.

Well, the offer still stands, anyone who wants or knows anyone who wants a dog, please PM me!

Ash

GRR What, is Ohio like another planet? That's one of the dumbest reasons for getting rid of a dog that I've ever heard. I think it's just a pathetic excuse. I cannot believe that someone would dump a dog that has lived with them for 12 years. That is so sad.

Thanks Ash, for trying to find the poor guy a home.

I've moved 3 times with Murph and Maddie and Maddie's blind.
    She took just a lil' bit longer to adjust than Murph (who looked at
    it as a new opportunity to spread his pee around the world),
    because she had to figure out a whole new layout, but she
    did adjust. Dogs don't care where they live. They just want
    to be with those they love. And when they're seniors, they're
    even more clingy and dependent on that love. Course doesn't
    sound like your teacher really loves him, if she could consider
    getting rid of him for such a lame excuse.

Par...

.................................................. .................................................. ..... Nothin' Butt Dogs............ Free Dog eCards

I finally got some pics! He is such a cutie! I wll be making flyers tonight and posting them everywhere! If anyone is interested though you can Pm me.

Aint he cute? Don't know why my stupid teacher is giving him up

Ash

He is such a cutie!! What a dumb reason for giving the dog up--do his first 12 years mean nothing???
    I cannot take him unfortunately, however if you need any additional help Ash, I'm not far away, and I could spread the word around here.
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

He is a cutie! I wish you and him the best of luck finding a new forever home for him.

Originally posted by lovemyshiba
    I cannot take him unfortunately, however if you need any additional help Ash, I'm not far away, and I could spread the word around here.
    Please do! Any thing you can do will help so much! My cousin acctaully might take him, I havn't talked to him but his sister said he and his Wife are looking for a dog, but sense its not certain we are not making any promises and are still ging to be puttign flyers up.

Ash

Awwww, he's SO sweet! I still can't believe he would give him up

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

This person is a teacher? As in, she imparts knowlege to others? Yet thinks Ohio would freak a dog out more than a new home or getting put to sleep in a shelter? That's scary. She sounds insane.

Poor dog. He deserves better than that.

YIPEE!!!!

My teacher is going to keep him! It took me 3 weeks to convince her but it worked! Yipee!

Ash

Do you really want her to? She seems like the last person who should have a dog.
    Just my 2 cents.

P S Julian is so handsome!

Originally posted by micki76
    Do you really want her to? She seems like the last person who should have a dog.
    Just my 2 cents.

P S Julian is so handsome!
    No I honestly dont. I feel bad cause she is going to lock him up again, like she did in the den. I'm just afreid Domeno wouldn't adjust to a whole new surounding and would end up getting all stressed out and stuff, at least this way he has his family, who he atleast loves, there to help him.

Thank you for the compliment on Julian

Ash