Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Picking Your Dog's Name

Picking Your Dog's Name

I don't know if this has been on here for a while, but I'm wondering how you came about choosing your dog's name? There are a lot of new members, so just curious?
    Jackie, Perry and Miss Daisy

Daisy was named after the charactor in the movie "Driving Miss Daisy" and she is just as independent.

Perry whose real name is "Dom Perignon" was named after the famous french Champagne by his breeder, we just shorten it to Perry.

Chester (on the right) was named after the spastic little dog in the cartoon with Spike and Chester. Remember it? Chester is all over Spike and wants to be his best friend. He idolizes Spike.

Millie already had her name and knew it so well we decided not to change it.

And I think they sound like a wonderful little old couple. Chester and Millie.

We got Smokey when I was 2...the children of the family named him....go figure...

For Reggie, I think it was just a name my brother suggested, and we all (except for my mom) liked it. I was a little kid still, and I wanted to name him Lucky....go figure again...lol That's why I'd never let a kid name a dog hehe.

Nebo is named after a gorgeous mountain in Utah, Mt. Nebo. I believe it's also something in the bible. I just thought it would be a cute and unique name. When I tell people around here his name they think I'm nuts.

I got Ruby from the HS and she already had the name

My fromer pup, Muffy, RIP (I got her when I was 3) we named after a mouse character from one of my favorite tv shows at the time. I think it was called 'Today's Special'...

Thanks for the signature & avatar kfamr

McMurphy was named for the lead character in the tv
    show, China Beach. Colleen McMurphy was a real feisty character
    and I thought the name fit perfectly for a terrier breed from
    Scotland.

Madison was named after the mermaid in the movie,
    Splash. And it's somewhat of a first class sounding name and that
    fits Maddie's personality to a tee. She's definitely an Uptown
    Girl.

Whizzer of Oz was named of course after the movie,
    Wizard of Oz. I love my lil' Toto dogs so much and when I
    decided to add a Collie to the family, I wanted some kind of
    connection between them. To kind of help along the karmic
    influences that they'd all get along, I thought what better
    way to start off, than in a name.

Par...

.................................................. .................................................. ..... Nothin' Butt Dogs............ Free Dog eCards

Sheba, was named after my Aunt's GSD that passed away.

Rocky, I named after my Uncle. My Uncles nick name is Rocky.

Mike named Pepper, because he though she looked like
    she had sprinkles of Pepper on her when she was a puppy.

----<---<--<{(@

Ginger- is named after gingerbread. Cause I thought she looked like the color of gingerbread.

Oscar- is named after the character Oscar from Sesame Street. I thought he looked a little like him cause of his eye brows.

Ruff- well he was already named when my hubby Rob got him.
    "Careful what you say, careful what you wish or it may just regret it!"

Beethoven - from the movie 'beethoven'.... i hav a fixation for saints hhehe

Crunch- from the candy bar Nestle 'crunch'

Nestle - well from the chocolate bar Nestle
    ~eLLeN~

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~~Anatole France~~

I was walking down the street with my puppy (siberian husky) and she was 5 weeks old. And I saw this lady with a brand new baby, I asked her what her babies name was, she said "dickeya, it means leader of the wolf pack in inuit" I said "can I name my puppy after your baby?" she said "yes" .. So I rushed home and told my mom The new name, I tryed to remeber but I couldent, The closest thing to Dickeya I could remeber was Tikeya, lol thats my story
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

Just HOW DO YOU solve a problem like Maria?
    Well Smudge already had his name when I got him and it seemed to really suit him, because he's a Smudge of this and a Smudge of that.

Winter also had her name, when I got her. She was named because she was born in the winter...actually she was born in fall but hey the people who had her before I got her weren't that smart. But the name really suits her, because at times she can be a bit flaky.

and Tama got his name partially from an anime that I like to watch called Fushigi Yugi, he's sort of name after my fave character named Tamahome, but I decided to change it a bit and called him Tamashii which means soul or spirit in Japanese.
    Goonies never say die!

Thanks Amy for the great sig!

One day when i was really sick... my dad came home from the story with the movie "The Lion King" I loved the movie not only becaise it's great but it was special since my daddy bought it. [I was a daddy's girl] I love the movie, both 1 and 2. Simba is named after the main charactor in the movie and Nala is named after Simba's girlfriend. I wanted to name Nala, Kiara, Simb'as daughter in the second movie since she's younger than Simba but my dad didn't like it because it's not easier to say. He still calls Nala "knarla" lol...

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

well our first dog we had before i was born soo.. well her name was Tippy cuz her tail and paws had a white tip

Barkley was named B4 me too, my brother name her that cuz of the dog on Sesme Street lol

Sandy was named after the beautiful color of her fur

Katrina (hampster) was named after the girl in "legend of Sleepy Hollow" hey we watched te moviethe day i got her and it ws the first thing i thot of!!

Isabell- i really dont know where i got that but that was my dream dogs name(Carter if it was a boy) and well Isabell was and still is my dream dog only now she lives in my dreams instead of in her dog house
    wots of wuv,
    ~*~Isabell(RB)&Cait~*~

WHAT IF.....
    they had just given up
    we didnt have to go to war
    no one had to suffer
    WHAT IF.....
    THERE WAS NO GOD?

We were about to name Mickey Simba because we all like the name and because collie and shelties have that mane like a lion, but we went to Mickey because...I dunno. It was cute and simple and just suits him. Plus, I like Mickey Mouse so it all works out My grandfather calls him "Micheale" lol

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

Drake is named after Sir Francis Drake, the first explorer to circumnavigate the world.

Before we saw Sadie, we knew she was mostly black with some white. I was thinking Panda. ralph liked Sadie. when we first saw her, sadie seemed to fit her better. knowing now that Sadie means Princess, I know it does!!

Cincy was named after the University of Cincinnati where ralph and I both went to college and met.

Spot came with his name. He was named by the little girl in the family that had him before. we thought about changing it, but it fits so well and is such a classic!