Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Frisky pees and poops everywhere!!! Please Help!

Frisky pees and poops everywhere!!! Please Help!

Frisky is 14 yrs. old now. For the past 2 weeks he has been going to the bathroom everywhere (behind the t.v., on my sheets, on the couch, etc...). He uses his litter box, but when he goes pee, it's only a little speckle. I read a previous post that mentioned of a UTI. My dad thinks it's just an attitude problem. What should we do? Thanks! -Lacy

I'd say get him to a vet, and quickly. At his age it could be a large number of different health problems. If he has used the litter box all this time and is just now starting to miss, why would anyone think it was just an attitude thing? Best of luck with him.

sometimes he goes in his litter box, but most of the time he goes where ever he can find a good spot to spray.

**I forgot to mention this in my first post...but Frisky has been meowing at night. We can't get him to stop. The only thing he does is sit in the middle of the hallway and meow. What could this be???**

Take him to a vet! Take him to the vet! It could be something medically wrong, and he could be meowing at night because something hurts! Take him to a vet! Take him to a vet!

This is my baby!

does anyone else have a suggestion abouy what it could be??? i'm making him an appointment on monday! thanks!

hes an adorable cat!just see wat the vet says and try to keep things like bath mats and towels hung up and keep clothes off the floor.I hope hes ok.hopefully its just a bad habit
    ~Your best friend doesn't have to be human~

could be diabetes, kidney failure, urinary tract infection

When my cat Y.Lee started missing the box (he also would sometimes make it to the box) it turned out to be diabetes. It makes them have to pee more and he could not always make it to the box. Are there any other symptoms that you can relay to your vet. Such as: is he eating? is he eating MORE than normal? is he drinking? Is he drinking MORE than usual? Is he throwing up? Does he have diarrhea? How is his activity level? Does he appear in pain?

What a cutie!
    I would rush to a vet as soon as possible! this is no normal behaviour!

Oh, WELCOME to PETTALK !!!!

he has been having diarrhea.

let us know the outcome of your vet visit Monday. Best of luck.

i hope they can get him in on tuesday. i have to call tomorrow. but i hope for the best.

Poor Frisky. Please let us know what the vet says.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Welcome to Pet Talk! There's alot of love and support here for you. Frisky is just beautiful and it's good that you are going to take him to the Vet. It could any number of things and he obviously needs immediate attention. Good luck and keep us posted.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

RE: Your cat in distress!

Hi lacy, It seems that your cat is in some kind of distress. The things you mentioned are not normal cat behaviour. As Jen said, there are several things that this could be. Given his age and his current problems, I would not wait too long to take him to a vet. Maybe you could take him to an animal emergeny clinic, if your own vet cannot see him right away. Just my humbel opinion over here in Montreal. Regards from Deborah
    One cat just leads to another - Ernest Hemingway