Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where Do You Keep A Baby Duck?!?!?

i really am sorry i just got so aggrivated
    wots of wuv,
    ~*~Isabell(RB)&Cait~*~

WHAT IF.....
    they had just given up
    we didnt have to go to war
    no one had to suffer
    WHAT IF.....
    THERE WAS NO GOD?

Originally posted by iwuvsmypuppy
    i really am sorry i just got so aggrivated
    We all have these nights, Im haveing mine now. I'll try and find you some good duck sites, ok.

thanx
    wots of wuv,
    ~*~Isabell(RB)&Cait~*~

WHAT IF.....
    they had just given up
    no one had to suffer
    WHAT IF.....
    THERE WAS NO GOD?

Ok, heres kinda a cool site I found.

Ducks

I think if you have some wire, like chicken wire or somthing. If you dont have any its not that expensive to pick some up.....

oops

i forget to answer your question Karen.... yes i did go to the site you posted>> along with all the other ones ( although i havent looked at iceyshivers YET !! but i just did !!) they are great i copied and pasted and then copied and pasted and now have 7 and a half pages of duck info. on my WordPad!!!! but the duck will be glad i did!!
    wots of wuv,
    ~*~Isabell(RB)&Cait~*~

WHAT IF.....
    they had just given up
    no one had to suffer
    WHAT IF.....
    THERE WAS NO GOD?

My grandma raises ducks and geese and she just told me that if you get a duck when it's a baby and raise it then it will think that you are it's mother....she says that not only will it not run away, but you will have trouble getting it out from under your feet.
    She wants to know if the ducks are wild or barn ducks.
    She says that wild ducks know when it is the right time to have babies so it will not be cold, but if they are just bred from barn ducks, it may be the wrong time and they may need some heat.

Her ducks are in a henhouse but the door is usually open and they come and go as they please, but never run away. The dogs and cats keep any predators away.
    I've been BOO'd!

I've never heard of ducks running away.....I have owned and been around plenty the go down to the pond, back up to there pools, in to the brooder barn. They eat and poke around at the ground come up pick at the flowers!! They're great!! I think you ducky will be great as long as you keep up your great work!!

Originally posted by wolfsoul
    My grandma raises ducks and geese and she just told me that if you get a duck when it's a baby and raise it then it will think that you are it's mother....she says that not only will it not run away, but you will have trouble getting it out from under your feet.
    She wants to know if the ducks are wild or barn ducks.
    She says that wild ducks know when it is the right time to have babies so it will not be cold, but if they are just bred from barn ducks, it may be the wrong time and they may need some heat.

Her ducks are in a henhouse but the door is usually open and they come and go as they please, but never run away. The dogs and cats keep any predators away.
    Wolfsoul- I asked her all of these questions already, and she never answered them. Wild ducks should not be raised by people then set free, and barn ducks should not be set free either, period! It's called imprinting when they think the human is its mother.

P.S. Iceyshiver- ducks to run away, that happened to my friend, the accidently got loose, and flew away.
    LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb

Originally posted by YellowLabLover

P.S. Iceyshiver- ducks to run away, that happened to my friend, the accidently got loose, and flew away.
    hmm... Learn somthin new every day!! That would really stink though. Its never happened to me.

Yea, if felt kind bad for her. She'll be getting some new ducks this summer, she said she'd make sure they wouldn't get out. lol.

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb

This is a very informative site :
    http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/P...97/duckfaq.htm

Also, are you clipping the ducks wings? This would keep it from flying away, and maybe discourage it from leaving at all.
    I've been BOO'd!

I don't think she is clipping the wings. She said she was going to set them free, which is a big no-no, espeically with clipped wings!!!!!

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

Oh right...hmmm...do you think if she set it free in a duck-crowded place that the ducks would accept it into the flock?
    I've been BOO'd!

That's not the thing Wolfsoul, the duck most likely would not surive after being set free. It is way too risky!!!!!!!!

It is a good thing my dad's friend Jim doesn't come on this site! OI! He'd blow a fuse, he'd scream, he'd blow up. He is a duck breeder, and could kill himself if he read this thread. lol. Oh yes, it is a good thing he doesn't come on here, hehehehe.

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

Originally posted by YellowLabLover
    That's not the thing Wolfsoul, the duck most likely would not surive after being set free. It is way too risky!!!!!!!!

It is a good thing my dad's friend Jim doesn't come on this site! OI! He'd blow a fuse, he'd scream, he'd blow up. He is a duck breeder, and could kill himself if he read this thread. lol. Oh yes, it is a good thing he doesn't come on here, hehehehe.
    I have two Uncle Jim's one on my moms side and the other on my dads side.

One doesnt like ducks and the other Likes hunting ducks yet he keeps some on his farm.........