Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: how about your LEAST faverite breed?

It is entirely against the spirit of Pet Talk to even think about hating a "breed." After all, every dog is special, right?

Every dog is beautiful to those who love him or her, right?

Originally posted by aly
    [B]
    I am sorry for those of you who hate Chows. They are a wonderful breed. I've known so many wonderful Chows.
    I have a confession to make- I have always been afried of Chows, not saying I hate them. My friends little sister was attacked by there Chow who they had for 3 years for doing absolutly nothing, the dog just went crazy. After witnessing that I've always swore I would never like another Chow or go near one.

But, After reading all the storries Anna tells abotu Huney, I have to say I kinda like them now. I think they are very pretty, they seem like sweet dogs. I must of just met a bad one, but there is always a bad one of every breed. I don't think I will ever own one. But I can say now that I'm not completly terrified of them '

Ash
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

Originally posted by aly

How could you resist a face like this:

I can't!! I can't!!!

I don't "hate" any breed, and I think that’s a very mean thing to say, especially here where ALL animals are loved. Now, there used to be some that I didn't like as much as others, due to my personal experiences. I used to dislike poodles, just because I used to groom and I would do, like, 30 poodles every Saturday!! I just dreaded doing the topknots of ALL those Poodles. Now I LOVE them! I used to dislike Westies; all the ones I had groomed were nippers and growlers. Then I got Stolly (RB). He was the BEST dog I've ever had, and I groomed him!
    Don't judge an animal by its looks, reputation or even your own experiences. Judge each and every animal on its own merit.
    Do you hate all black/white people because of something that happened in your past? I hope not.
    Do you hate all Christians/Non Christians because they don't fit in with your lifestyle or are different? I hope not.

PS. Rizzy and Kfamr Chinese Cresteds are some of the sweetest dogs you’ll ever meet! I know 2 of them and they'll kiss you till the cows come home, then snuggle down in your lap and lay there until your legs go numb!

Originally posted by aly
    How could you resist a face like this:

And that's exactly why i've came to loving small breeds also! Reece man is too cute to hate!

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

I dont hate any breed either. it is just some breeds suit me more then others, thats all, isnt this post about that?? dogs do not deserve to be hated by looks or whatever, it is the owners fault on how they rais the dog, for how it acts. I hate bad owneres. I love all breeds, I just prefer some over others.
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

I don't hate any dog or any animal for that matter but, I'm SCARED by Saint Bernards and Pit Bulls. In our area a lot of people have bred these to terrific meaness with bad health problems. You really have to be choosy about G.S.D. and Labradors also. The dog that has bitten me the worst was a YORKIE! but I like them (for someone else-toy dogs and livestock are a bad combination).
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons...
    For you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

[img]desktop/flagboy[/img]

I have a strong dis-liking towards small breeds. The only small dogs I like are min pins, Jack Russel Terriers, Daschunds, and Chihuahua's. Those are the only small dogs I like.

I love my dogs big. I am nuts about Labradors (duh! )Boxers, and Great Danes. I also like Greyhounds, St. Bernards, Wolfhounds, Gun dogs, and Mastiffs. There are a couple of big and medium breeds that I don't like either. Poodles, Saluikis (sp?), Afgahans (Sp?), Bulldogs- those are some bigger breeds I don't really care for. Besides that I love every dog.

LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb

Of course I have a couple of breeds that are guilty by association. Chows, cockers and dobies being those. I was either chased or bitten by these breeds. I've met some wonderful dogs of these breeds, too.....but well, you know.

I myself like bigger dogs so the smaller breeds just don't appeal to me. But all dogs have teeth so I feel the potential is always there.

It's funny......a little dog scurring around my feet makes me way more nervous than any pit bull I've ever met! LOL How silly.
    ~Kat

I can't think of any breed I don't like, there are just a few I don't think I would chose to own...and if the right dog had a mix of one of those breeds, I wouldn't turn it away

I don't think I would seek out a cocker spaniel becuase the few I have met have not been overly dog friendly and I like taking my dogs to play at the park or to dayschool. I don't think I would seek out a Great Dane, Saint Bernard, Irish Wolfhound, (etc.) because I don't have the room in my house. ( I love the breed though!)

Any breed can be wonderful or horrible in the "right" hands

I don't 'hate' any breed, but I would always prefer large dogs rather than samll dogs (unlike my parents). To me, larger dogs are easier to handle and aren't as yappy as small dogs. I had a lab mix -Chance- that was huge, but the smartest, most beautiful, gentlest dog I ever owned. Now that I have my Basenji, Riley, I find it more difficult to train him and to keep his attention. He also snips at me when he's hyper (before his walks).
    "Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then I want to go where they go when I die."
    "A watchdog is a dog kept to guard your home, usually by sleeping where a burglar would awaken the household by falling over him."

I used to really not like poodles until I came here. This place helped me to like breeds I always never liked before. Score one for Pet talk

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

LEAST favourite breed .................. dunno, never met a dog I didn't like

I agree with AntiPam - People cause bad dogs!
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."

I don't hate any breed,I think they are all special in their own way.

But I don't think I would have a few breeds because they would not fit my life style. Poodles being one because well hubby don't care for them. I may be able to change his mind but I doubt it.
    "Careful what you say, careful what you wish or it may just regret it!"

Originally posted by tikeyas_mom

cocker spaniels. I have had them befor and they were impossible to house train and they ate everything. *the onse I had anyways*
    yeah... jordan ate everything when he was a puppy... but some good training whipped him into shape! now he is so sweet, cuddely, and the most gentle dog I ever met. lol.... cocker spaniels are actully my favorite breed... how different people can be!

i love all doggies.... although i tend to stay away from the ones that want to bite my head off

I'm not big on the ones that have the REAL smushed-in faces.