Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Dog House

The Dog House

We have created a new forum for any post that is in some way controversial, upsetting, or just makes us go eeeew! In it are threads about the war, debates and arguments about religion, patriotism and politics, and the recipe for "poop cake."

Those posts have been "sent to The Dog House." If you are easily upset, The Dog House is not a place you want to go.

We do not mean any offense to dogs in naming it "The Dog House."

Pet Talk is designed to be a friendly place for people who know how special pets really are. It's not a suitable place for discussing the nature of war, which religion is "the true religion," or truly controversial subjects.

Many of our members, however, are compelled to discuss these issues. We have created "The Dog House" so that our members may share their thoughts in a friendly, caring considerate manner.

Don't be offended if your post is moved into The Dog House. If you are upset by a particular post in another forum, and think it needs to be sent to The Dog House, you can Private Message or email me or Paul. We know every pet is special, and every member of Pet Talk is special, too. We are just trying to make Pet Talk the friendliest place we can for all our members.

What a great idea!

Thanks.

thanks! that really is a great idea.

Wow, thanks! This will really help when perusing the General board. Now if we could just get people to take the politics out of their signatures...........still getting some "in-your-face" messages that way .

We were all going through serious PT withdrawal!!!!!!! Glad it's back up, cleaned up, and raring to go!
    The legend says that Mohammed adored cats. When one of them was sleeping on his sleeve and he had to go out, Mohammed supposedly cut off the sleeve so as not to disturb his pet.

A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast - Proverbs 12:10

How we behave toward cats here below determines our status in heaven. - Robert A. Heinlein

What greater gift than the love of a cat? ~ Charles Dickens

There is, incidently, no way of talking about cats that enables one to come off as a sane person. - Dan Greenberg

If purring could be encapsulated, it'd be the most powerful anti-depressant on the market. ~Alexis F. Hope

This a great idea!! Thank you for putting all the time and effort in keeping this place as peaceful as possible!! We do appreciate it!!

Bella and Ripley were upset that it is called The Dog House. I told them The Cat House has worse connotations.

great idea!!!!, and thanks for not calling it the *ahem* the cat house
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

Originally posted by Pam
    Bella and Ripley were upset that it is called The Dog House. I told them The Cat House has worse connotations.

Oh, like they don't sleep in the people house? And think they're in charge of it?

This is a great Idea!! Thank you Karen and Paul for making this place so great!

Ditto for me too, this was a great idea.

Thanks

----<---<--<{(@

Thanks Karen!

Ok!! I think I got the true meaning of the name! Is for the posts that you could get in trouble for so your(or you put them in) THE DOG HOUSE!! hehe! sorry its been a long day without pettalk!

How totally COOL!! Now we are double warned...first, it is in General...which means it might not be 'pet friendly'....AND it has its own name, The Dog House...though, I do think it is a little disrespectful for the doggies...maybe we could call it "The Pound"...???

Originally posted by Cataholic
    How totally COOL!! Now we are double warned...first, it is in General...which means it might not be 'pet friendly'....AND it has its own name, The Dog House...though, I do think it is a little disrespectful for the doggies...maybe we could call it "The Pound"...???
    Nah - after all, lotsa great doggies come from the pound! And kitties, and lotsa bunnies, birdies and other critters.

It's "The Dog House" as in when your mom or dad used to say "Do that and you'll be in the dog house! " Besides, most dogs here live in teh people house anyway!

Great idea, Karen! Thanks again for making this place so wonderful!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)