Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chylothorax

Come on Lucky, keep the good news coming. I know that you can make it through!

i must have missed this thread... SORRY!!

First of all, WELCOME TO PETTALK !!!!

I'm so sorry for poor Lucky . But He will manage!! Bassett also is much better now, so I will be praying for your sweetheart from now one! Good luck to you, Lucky!!

All fingers and paws here are crossed for you Lucky. You'll make it

Well, Lucky has been home now for 24 hours and seems to be doing fairly well! The very first thing he did when he got home was run to the food dish! He's been eating like a little pig ever since! We are still in the "guarded" condition and the longer he goes without any problems, well the better off he is. So we are still keeping our fingers crossed and our breath's held.

He will be on medication for the rest of his life, and I believe that he realizes this.....when its pill time he no longer fights me. I too have gotten better with it, the piller they gave me works like a charm and I am more comfortable doing it.

We are SOOOOO happy to have our Lucky baby home. I've been sleeping a whole lot better with him by my side

Thanks everyone, what ever you all did, worked!! Lucky is home and getting back to normal.......YIPPEE!!!!!
    Last edited by Catsnclay; 04-04-2003 at 01:09 PM.
    Bunny & Kitties:

Taz - F (7); Majerle - M (4) & Loki - M (8 months)
    (pronounced: Marley).

I am so happy that you have Lucky home with you. Will continue to pray that his condition stays the way it is now and that you will be able to enjoy his company for many more years to come.
    Rosemary, Hayley & Mandy

Our little angel.

"A kitten is a rosebud in the garden of the Animal Kingdom"
    -Robert Southey

That's wonderful news! I'm so glad everything worked out so well with Lucky. He certainly is one lucky kitty.

Can you please give him some hugs and scritchies from me for being such a good kitty through all this?
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

I just love good news.

This news is bringing tears to my eyes, I'm so happy! Yay! I think Bassett and Lucky are long lost soul mates This is just really great.

What kind of food do you have him on now? I'm just curious, because Bassett has to be on a very strict diet without a lot of fat.

Wow.. this is really good news

They haven't told me of any special diets to put him on, although he has been on Science Diet Light, and they did ask that question. So, I guess that is fine. He will be on the Rutin for the rest of his life, and possibly the diauretic, but that is a wait & see type thing. He is also on antibiotic's, but that too is only temporary.

He just purr's & purr's everytime someone comes near him. And he's been following me around the house, can't let me out of his site.....which is perfectly fine with me!! Every time I sit or lay down to sleep there is at least 1 out of 3 kitties on or around me!! Oh yeah, they also have to sit on my lap when I'm in the bathroom...... Do all cat's do that or just mine??!!
    Bunny & Kitties:

Originally posted by Catsnclay
    Oh yeah, they also have to sit on my lap when I'm in the bathroom...... Do all cat's do that or just mine??!!
    Before he found a permanent (and very happy) home, Angel's littermate Riley used to run into the bathroom and fly into my lap. One day he mistimed it--I had raised the lid but hadn't sat down. Whoops! Wet cat!

I'm so glad that Lucky's doing well. Sounds like he's really happy to be home!

Way to go Lucky!!! I'm so glad to hear that he's at home now and doing well.

I am so happy for Lucky. I hope I have as good a luck with my cat but just not sure. Waiting for fluid analysis to c ome back. Baby Jane keeps pacing around. She is scheduled for an ultra sound on friday. I hope she makes it till then so they will be ble to find out what is causing this fluid build up. I have been feeding her with a syringe which she hates. I have to wrap her in a towel to keep her paws down. Try to only give her 2 or 3 syringes full at a time and then give her more 1/2 to 1 hour later. I know she hates it. I don't like it either.

HOpefully Lucky will continue to have good luck and stay well.

Bryon in NYC
    I love siamese appleheads

Welcome to PT Bryon! I'm sorry to see that another kitty may have chylothrax.......for a "rare" disease we certianly have seen our fair share of it.

If you have any questions feel free to ask or PM me. Please tell us more about Baby Jane....pictures, too!!
    Bunny & Kitties: