Thread: outdoor run

outdoor run

I'm going to make the ratties an outdoor run, now that the weather is getting warmer They need some good fresh air...We have some wire that we used for my old bunnies' outdoor run, so I'm going to use that, and hopefully I'll find something to put overtop of it to keep the sun out their eyes...

Is there anything I need to know before I go ahead and do this? I'll take pics when I'm done
    I've been BOO'd!

Sounds fun!! I can't wait til the weather gets nicer here; I am dying to get my ratties outside. Especially Chloe and Daisy, they have never been outside before.

This is where the ratties go for fresh air:

We also have a giant all screen tent, used for camping, I set that up sometimes then they can romp around in the grass and not have to worry about the West Nile mosquitoes and hawks. lol.
    Just make sure that you keep a good eye on those boogers, they can get out of the most "secure" cages. Nugget, Sweet Pea, and Punkin got out of their outdoor run (don't use it anymore), thank God I found them. Little Sweet Pea was in the hose reel box, and Nugget went in the chipmunk hole at the bottom of the beachnut tree. We had to go buy a Havahart live trap and catch her that way. Punkin was on top of the hose reel box. Little stinkers!! Hawks are a big problem around here too, so I am constantly looking in the trees while they are romping around in the grass.
    LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb

eep hawks! We don't have alot of birds of prey here...If you drive over the bridge and arebeside the lake there are tons of bald eagles though...
    So I guess here I have to mostly worry about crows lol

I had a cage for my bunnies almost exactly the same as yours, but when my last bunny died (), my mom threw it out
    I've been BOO'd!

Just make sure that it is secure to the ground if you are worried about prey.

yes they will enjoy ht e fresh air, out a towel over the run so they don't get burnt.