Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Super Sized PT Meeting ???

Super Sized PT Meeting ???

Ok, Naomi, Amy, Kate and I are just throwing around ideas about a huge possible PT meeting. Right now we're discussing where it would be held.

Anyway, we were thinking if anyone would have any interest in this, you could post in this thread. We would then put dots on a map to see where the most people were located and choose a location from there. You can post here if you're interested but aren't sure. It won't commit you to anything.

We were thinking maybe sometime this summer? In your post, you could also put a good time and we can figure when and where the MOST people (and pets) could come. Perhaps it would be a weekend thing like the Texas PT meeting was!

I'm definately interested so I'm gonna dot Austin, TX on the map !
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Please dot Victoria, BC!!

And as for a when - that's pretty flexible but toward the end of Aug. would work best for me.

Please mark Provo, UT! I'm not actually in that city, but it's the biggest one close to me, lol.

Aly, try using http://maps.yahoo.com to pinpoint the location of the city to mark on our big special PT map.

I'm really interested in this. Of course, I've already thrown my vote in for meeting in Ohio. If I'm going to fly/drive somewhere very far, I'd choose Ohio, as I've already been planning to meet my friend, Rachel (countrywolf07) there for ages now! Not to mention there's already a big group of great people that meet at that Findlay Dog Park!

Also, I'm too paranoid to fly with a dog. So, if I had to fly to the meeting, I could not bring Nebo. I think it'd be great if a road trip could be arranged somehow, but I don't know if that's possible.

It's a pity -I'll be around Southern California and Arizona from the 11th of May until end May. Would be great to meet Lut in the US -it's to difficult in little Europe

LOL Barbara!!

I'm furiously sticking pins in 'anywhere in England' during 'anytime of the year'!!!! **sighs**

Lynne
    Time spent with cats is never wasted
    --Collette

RIP Dear Dan xxx

I am not the adventurous traveller that my mom was, but I might be coaxed to go a little ways. (unfortunatly, being so far east, I will probably not be any where near a "happy medium") So mark Allentown, PA, but don't let it sway your choice because I am not certain. I just wanted you to know that I would love to have a big meeting.

I def. want to be in on considerin'/choosin' a place but not quite sure when/if I'd be able to go. A wkend trip (or even a Sat, Sun, Mon. trip) would work best for me.

I'd kinda like to suggest 2 places.....
    1.) Albq., NM - Oct/Nov (gotta find out more dates) The Arabian Horse Nationals will be there. I know not everyone is a horse fan but last yr. it was the same wkend as a cat show/art show (and all on the same grounds)! Anyone heard from Cougie Wechsler lately? She might have more info???

2.) Amy (Wolf_Q) and I have been discussing flying together to Ohio. Not sure what dates might work out yet.

I *might* be up for the LA, CA trip. Never been to Cali before -- Miz Gini are you & Rascal up for bein' a tour guide? lol

Kater,

Where in Michigan are you going to be on May 21-24? I'm in Ecorse, which is right outside of Dearborn, Detroit and Wyandotte. Let me know and maybe we can work something out. There are alot of people in MI and the surrounding states. Maybe we can put something together.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Originally posted by zippy-kat

I *might* be up for the LA, CA trip. Never been to Cali before -- Miz Gini are you & Rascal up for bein' a tour guide? lol
    Absolutely! - what a special treat that would be!

Id be interested, but again, no one lives near me so its a lost hope

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

New England gets dots for Paul and I, and Sandra, Albea, Cookiebaker and several other Pettalkers, but hey, we flew to Texas - anywhere's a possibility!

Make down Northwest Montana for Merlin and Me!!! I will have all week ends open.

Id be interested, but again, no one lives near me so its a lost hope
    No one lives near me either.......I tried to convince them since the railroad and golden spike met in Utah, Pet Talkers should too........but I don't think it's working!

California is a lot closer to me, but then, it's alot farther from many others. Meeting on a coast means going across the US for most.

Oz and I might be interested, if it was close enough for us to
    drive. I was wondering though what kinds of things do ya'll
    do at these get togethers, because I don't think I'd be able to
    leave Oz alone in a hotel room. I can only imagine the loud
    Collie whining and barking that would ensue.

Mark me down for Houston, TX.

Par...

.................................................. .................................................. ..... Nothin' Butt Dogs............ Free Dog eCards

Originally posted by gini

Absolutely! - what a special treat that would be!
    Here's another vote for California!! Northern or southern, doesn't matter...I'll be able to show up no matter where in Cali it is! I'm sure Gini, Kelly, Amberlee, KAK and I could help arrange some plans....

**hugs**
    Karen