Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I didn't think it was funny at all...

It's sad. It just shows how low people's moral are....
    everything is "funny" and we need to have access to "everything"...nothings sacred anymore.

Very sad.

I wonder if those who create this crap are people who's significant others chose the cats over them. I know my hubby has said repeatedly "You love those cats more than me." (uh, yeah! )
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

oh heck ya i'd choose my pet over some guy.
    Owned by a demanding cat. Lol

Education

The insensitivity of people where cats are concerned is probably based in fear. It's amazing how many people who (claim to) love big dogs hate and fear little kitties!! I think feline independance threatens some people's sense of control and power. Fear is a typical reaction, and unrecognized (subliminal?) fear is common.
    The comments about animal abuse education (along with drug abuse, etc.) was an excellent idea. I have learned over the years that to get your agenda looked at, you sometimes have to consider the perspective of the people you want to look at your idea.
    Considering that most people who grow into abusers, murderers, rapists, etc., of humans (spouses, children, etc.) often start out by tormenting animals. It would be nice to think you could promote animal abuse programs on their own merit, but by bringing in the relevance to human social concerns, you probably could get a more positive response.
    We should start a movement, or find out if one is under way. It's a marvelous idea!!!

BTW - FLS - I was searching for a thread you might have started about Kelsey - anyway, my condolences, honey. RIP, sweet Kelsey.
    Spencer's Mom

Grasshopper Shadowcat Magicat
    August 14, 1986 - June 15 2004
    Thank you so much for the siggies, PCB & Kfamr

* * I've Been Frosted * *

I love cats, and always have and they are NOT independent as people think they are. They are just as much in need of our company and love as a dog is. My landlord's cat loves me, if he sees me outside he comes running up meowing for some lovin'
    Owned by a demanding cat. Lol

I don't think it would be funny.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Originally posted by Lalania
    I love cats, and always have and they are NOT independent as people think they are. They are just as much in need of our company and love as a dog is. My landlord's cat loves me, if he sees me outside he comes running up meowing for some lovin'
    I agree, Lalania - Grasshopper Shadowcat Magicat is my living proof!! But there are an amazing number of people who perceive them that way, and subconsciously (just my opinion, obviously) fear and therefore abuse them. Pretty sick individual, that could harm any living being - and VERY sick commercial - it would have p'd me off royally had I seen it!!!!
    Spencer's Mom

Grasshopper Shadowcat Magicat
    August 14, 1986 - June 15 2004
    Thank you so much for the siggies, PCB & Kfamr

* * I've Been Frosted * *