Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I didn't think it was funny at all...

I didn't think it was funny at all...

when i got into work this AM, the boss and the lady I work with were laughing at something on her puter, so i had a look-see. It was a 'joke' commercial for Nokia or something, featuring a cat toy tied to a ceiling fan (fan is on) and a cat jumps up and grabs the toy and is swung around and around and around yowling, and finally lets go and goes SMACK against a wall. you kinda see the cat run away but they never say if he is okay or not. Anyway, the people at work were howling with laughter, and i didn't even smile. I didn't think it was remotely funny!!! and I have a pretty good sense of humour.
    Owned by a demanding cat. Lol

I am assuming it was fake, right???
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

I certainly hope it was fake, but that doesn't make it in any better taste! what's wrong with those people! maybe they would like to go for a "spin" on a fan?

No, not funny at all!

Originally posted by marysmerrycats
    what's wrong with those people! maybe they would like to go for a "spin" on a fan?
    That's what I was thinking, those jerks
    `````````````````````````
    I love my furkid Neko!

^TAMA^ 8/24/00 - 4/27/12 Thank you for being in my life I love you always and forever

it looked real to me....

I find the whole thing in VERY poor taste. Look at the kids who try and imitate wrestling moves. Who's to say they wouldn't try something like that. UGH!! Stupid, STUPID PEOPLE!!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I agree, the people at work think I am "weird" because I am a vegetarian and stuff

I just don't understand why it's always cats who are the butt of these tasteless jokes. You never see stupid bumper stickers or commercials talking about dogs, cat, rabbits, rodents, or any other pets, but cat-bashing apparently is just OK. Where I work, the book department had a calendar for sale last Xmas called "101 Ways To Kill A Cat", with idiotic cartoon drawings of various methods, like a giant slingshot aimed off a cliff. I was FURIOUS and fired off an e-mail to the buying department, insisting that they pull it from the shelves immediately because it was OFFENSIVE, not in keeping with our family-friendly philosophy, and really tasteless considering the season. They responded that since no one else had complained, they wouldn't be pulling it. Oh, and I also had to endure being ridiculed by co-workers as being "overly sensitive" and "having no sense of humor".

I think cats should be protected under the "hate crime" laws just like other persecuted minorities.............
    The legend says that Mohammed adored cats. When one of them was sleeping on his sleeve and he had to go out, Mohammed supposedly cut off the sleeve so as not to disturb his pet.

A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast - Proverbs 12:10

How we behave toward cats here below determines our status in heaven. - Robert A. Heinlein

What greater gift than the love of a cat? ~ Charles Dickens

There is, incidently, no way of talking about cats that enables one to come off as a sane person. - Dan Greenberg

If purring could be encapsulated, it'd be the most powerful anti-depressant on the market. ~Alexis F. Hope

Somtimes people have the worst taste in whats funny....

Originally posted by Lalania
    I agree, the people at work think I am "weird" because I am a vegetarian and stuff

Same here! We studied food and nutrition in H&CS, and everyone was like "What kind of retards would do that?!" and "Animals are stupid!" when we hit onto vegiterianism. A lot of people do know I'm a vegiterian, and my friends' parents give me looks when I tell them.
    I REALLY wish that we could have an education program on animal abuse in schools, just like we do for drugs. More people in my school NEED to know about animal abuse. There was some idiot boys who did something horrifying to a bird somewhere on L.I., and it was in the news. One of the girls in my english class did a presentation on it, and half of the class started howling with laughter!!! It was a CRUEL and SICK thing that they did -- I am not saying it because I do not want to upset bird lovers, and all animal lovers. Almost 3/4 of my school think declawing is good! Even some of my friends! So I explained to them what exactly makes it so cruel. They just said "So?!" It really disappoints me that less people in our generation-at this age-don't care about abuse, and think it is "entertatining". I've known kids who shot their dogs with paintball guns, trying to pretend they are hunters. That is truly making a mockery out of some hunters, for I do know a hunter who has a kind heart for animals.

Back to the commercial thing- That is so cruel. It is horrible how people can do that. I hope they used a fake cat, but fake or real, it still gets across the same message. It's no different from the Quizno's commercial (which sadly, I see almost four times a day, and I don't watch TV that much). What jerks.
    Mom to Ethan, Sophie and Sansa

Oh please, that is so not funny, just STUPID and idiotic! Very bad taste in what's funny! yeah, i think they'd like to try for a spin, the poor kitty could have gotten hurt too!
    - - Tiffany && Blueberry - -

I've been a veggie for 13 years now

No thats not very funny at all, I hate to see any animal get hurt, they have feelings too!
    (Katie, you are the best!!! Thanks for my new sig upgrade!!!)

Owner of the Oscar Meyer Weiner...Dog (Teddy)

agh!