Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sadness...

Sadness...

Nikita's mommy has to give her up for adoption. Nikita is Juneau's best doggie friend *SOB*. They play at the park almost every day. Nikita is howling, and destroying stuff in her mommy's place. Nik's mommy has tried doggie meds, anti bark collar etc. She's sad, so am I *sniff* Juneau is gonna miss Nikita...

Owned by a demanding cat. Lol

Has she tried crate training? Has she called a trainer? She needs to try other things besides god awful bark collars before she gives her dog up.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

dog destroyed the crate, poor Loralee has tried everything, also she has to work *gulp* 7 days a week and is gone 10 hours a day. She walks Niki like three times a day but it aint enough. She is in contact with a lady at a husky rescue society, nikita will find a good home

Oh no! Nakita is GORGEOUS! I want her! She looks like a Siberian Husky, am I correct?

I really hope you can convince your friend to try more before giving up on her. Siberian huskies are DESTRUCTIVE, she should have known that before she got the dog. Any book/website on them says that. They get bored easily. Does she live in a house or an apartment? Does she have a yard?

I agree with Aly. She should try crate training, see a professional trainer or at least some sort of basic obedience.

Stories like these make me so sad, sick, and angry all at once. So, I guess when my kid has a temper tantrum and draws on the wall with a crayon, I will give it to the adoption agency- because I won't be able to teach the kid not to do it and I have no patients.

What the heck... there are already 3 million plus in the shelters for lame pathetic reasons, why not add another??

No more comments....
    LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb

Ok, well any dog is going to be destructive and howl if they're alone 7 days a week, 10 hours a day. At this point, if she's contacted a good rescue group, I think the dog may be better off rehomed. I hope she won't get another dog until her schedule allows time for one
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

From what you said, she just isn't able to be home enough for an active breed like a Husky, so perhaps re-homing her, through breed rescue, is the best. Your poor friend is working too much, and Nikita is bored bored bored, which is why she's being destructive. Perhaps she will find a home where people are there more often and she can get the activity she craves.

This must be breaking her heart, but I believe it's for the best as long as Nikita gets a good home.

I agree with the re-homing thing, due to working to much... But if ur dog & her's r great buddies, is there a way u can pick the dog up when ur home & allow the dog to stay with u while her master is at work??

Just an idea that may work

AHHHHHHHHHH... my sig is HUGE!!!!!!!!!!
    WILL FIX ASAP!!!
    sorry guys

awww..that's sad...
    I wish the battery in my cam didn't run out cuz I tried to get pics of Timber playing with her husky friend today, Tuck, who looks alot like nikita...
    I've been BOO'd!

Juneau is the same mix as Nikita is, he has chewed like, two sandals and goes after the bathroom trash, that's it!
    Loralee loves her dog, and I truly believe she is doing the best thing for herself and Nikita. It's a loving decision.

Same mix? Wow, Nikita looks purebred! What kind are they?
    I've been BOO'd!

GSD / Siberian
    at least, Juneau's rapsheet says he is that mix.
    Loralee has had Nikita since she was a pup.

aww cute Timber and Juneau really do look alike lol
    I think that if your friend doesn't have enough time for a dog that is is responsible to give it up so someone who does have enough time and can give her the attention Nikita needs It wouldn't be very nice to keep a dog that you can't give the attention it needs...That's neglect, and so I think your friend is making the right choice.
    About you being sad about Juneau not being able to play with Nikita, do you think that it's possible to keep in contact with Nikita's new owner? Maybe the shelter could tell you the person's number?
    I've been BOO'd!

Nikita is GSD/Sibe? Wow, she looked like a purebred husky to me!

With how much your friend works, it does sound like it's best to re-home the dog. As long as it's a good home of course! Best wishes to your friend and Nikita!