Thread: Opinions about Revolution

Opinions about Revolution

Hi all,
    I would be interested in opinions from those who are using Revolution for cats.

We live in an area at risk for Lyme Disease and West Nile Virus. I had Lyme Disease last spring and my dog Anakin has tested positive for Lyme.

My vet would like me to change from Frontline to Revolution due to the Lyme and WNV risk. So post away with your experiences!

Thanks in advance!
    Amy & The Hawkwind Critters
    Hawkwind Studio

I have 6 cats that live in a spare room with an attached outside pen. All of them are on Revolution. I only have to dose them each once a month to protect them from fleas, heartworm and ear mites, as well as some other types of worms. I also use it on my dogs.

I'm looking into websites that sell it for less than the vet charges. I'm not really wealthy!

Mary

Anakins Mom,

Revolution is excellent! It gets rid of not only fleas, but flea eggs, ticks, tick eggs and earmite! If my cats were outdoor cats, that's what I would use.

Do Not use any topical Hartz products. It contains harsh pesticides that will make your cat very sick. There has been much publicity on it.

Here's a link:

http://www.pandecats.com/x/hartz_update2.htm

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Hi

I have 8 dogs and 2 cats and they are all on revolution.
    It definitely works to prevent the heartworms and fleas,
    we live in a wooded area so ticks aren't really controlled
    by it, the dogs have to have tick collars for that. Yeah
    it is expensive. But it is nice to do the once a month thing.

Revolution works very well, and you can get kitten (8 weeks) doses for it. Most other meds have to wait until 12 weeks. Last year we had an earmite outbreak so we went through a lot of kitten revolution.

Watch out for any topicals which contain a compound called "pyrethrin". That's the same stuff that's in Raid and is bad for cats that come in contact with it. Most OTC flea topicals and flea collars have this compound in it.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Thanks all...my vet has never steered me wrong...just wanted to hear people's experiences with Revolution. Thanks again.
    Amy & The Hawkwind Critters
    Hawkwind Studio

My vet advized me to use Frontline; so that's what I am doing! No incidents here.