Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shiloh is in Deep Doo

Shiloh is in Deep Doo

I just had the biggest panic of my life (besides all the other times Shiloh has done this to me).

My mom and my cousin's 3 yr old child were at my apartment while I was at work all day. Peka was in my room and Shiloh and the dogs were out in the rest of the place. I had no clue they were coming over or I would have put Shiloh in my room too. None of my animals are fond of kids. They get scared and hide from kids. Shiloh never comes out of hiding while my cousin is here. Thats why I didn't worry when I got home from work and Shiloh was nowhere to be seen. Then I was getting ready for bed and got an awful feeling. I started going through a raging panic and was ripping through the place yelling Shiloh's name. I woke my mom up (she and my cousin are sleeping over in the extra room). We searched HIGH and LOW .. every single hiding spot the cat could be in and she was nowhere to be seen. So I started screaming and yelling at my mother accusing her of letting Shi outside. I ran out barefoot and was running through dog poop and thorns yelling for Shiloh. She was still nowhere.

I was in some kind of trance running around trying to find my girl. I couldn't breathe right because I was crying so hard, my migraine from yesterday came back and I felt like puking. My mom was turning over the couches and I was on my way to my room when Shiloh ZOOMED out right in front of me!!!!! OH MY GOSH! I have never been so happy in all my life. I still continued crying really hard even after I found her. I grabbed her up and told her she was in such big trouble. Then I cried on her for awhile until she got really annoyed with me.

I'm still having trouble catching my breath and I had to take some migraine medicine. I think I need to go curl up in bed with my bad girl now. Gosh, that was sooooooooo scary. This is probably the 5th or 6th time she's done this to me in 3 years. This time was definately the worst!!!!

My bad bad bad bad girl:

Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Isn't it amazing where a cat can hide?? There have been times when I simply could not find one of my boys after searching everywhere in the house over and over again, and then out of the blue they come walking into the room as if to say, "Hey what's the problem here?" I am so glad Shiloh finally decided to show herself! I was sitting on the edge of my chair reading this! Hope your headache goes away soon.

Thanks Pam I can't go to bed because I can't calm myself down. Oh man I know I way overreacted but she's my baby princess and I'd die if she got lost. I just told her she was in big trouble and she blinked at me then yawned. Typical cat for ya

She just jumped in my lap purring. Okay, maybe she's forgiven
    Alyson

Perhaps a belled collar - or a homing device - is in order. Oh, Shiloh, don't you scare Mama like that!

Hugs to Aly!

Poor YOU!!
    I am glad Shiloh is safe and sound!!!
    Is she in deep doo b/c you stepped in it?
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Oh no!! Bad Shiloh!!

When I can't find Noel, I shake a bag/jar/box of treats....that wakes them up.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

I'm so glad that you were able to find her. I know that this has also happened to me with my cats. When I can't find them they are usually hiding in a cubby hole some where sleeping peacefully. One time though my RB Pepper ran out my front door without my knowledge. I didn't even realise that he was missing until I heard a cat meowing frantically. I opened the door and there he was. I'm glad he knew where he lived.

Poor Aly

Do you think the routine was *pay back* for your allowing a munchkin into her territory? Aly, try not to think the worst when things like this happen (says she who has a tendency to do the same). In any event, your little girl is safe and sound and Mommie Aly will recover...eventually!
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

For anyone who did not know this: cats can turn themselves into thin air. Why do you think they have been associated with witches, in the past? Mine do it anbd it sure is scary! Glad it was just a false alarm.

Shiloh,
    You are one NAWTEEKAT! Don't scare mommy like that, she gets all panicky and breathlessy. So, no more hiding, k?
    Thank Goodness it was just a falsie, Aly.

Originally posted by jenluckenbach
    For anyone who did not know this: cats can turn themselves into thin air. Why do you think they have been associated with witches, in the past? Mine do it anbd it sure is scary! Glad it was just a false alarm.
    This is as true as can be. I say Filou can de-materialize. And then he materializes like Jeanie from one second to the other in the middle of the room. One day he did it when my poor mother was cat-sitting a week here. I had warned her he would do it but nevertheless she had to scare all the neighbors too.....

Smokey pulled a disappearing act when I had to take her to the vet. I finally found her behind a bureau that I didn't think a mouse would fit behind.

Shiloh, you nawteekat! I hope your meowmie feels better. Headaches are the pits.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

What a scary moment you had there !!!!!
    My cats used to do the same thing, so I searched for a solution: they both wear a tiny collar with a bell attached to it!! The slightest move tells me where they are hiding, he he!!!

I tried opening tuna and everything, but she's so scared of kids that she wouldn't budge from hiding. She's a pretty shy cat. I forget that sometimes since its usually just me at home so she's always out with me.

It was the nicest feeling in the world to wake up this morning with her laying on my stomach purring away like she does every morning.. aahhhh
    Alyson

So glad to hear that all is well now.
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/