Thread: Clipping Nails.....

Clipping Nails.....

Hi! I just ordered Sadie a pair of Doggy Nail Clippers from the Drs. Foster and Smith pet supply catalog. Do any of you clip your dog's nails?

------------------
    ***Sadie May and LabLover*** *Labs rule the universe*

There was a post about this recently....and I admitted that I do not do it myself. I have it done when my dogs are being bathed at the groomer. I'm a wuss, I know.

Logan, it's ok if you don't clip Honey and Lilly's nails yourself! (I've got to admit, I get a little nervous when I do it, though!) You're not the only one!

------------------
    ***Sadie May and LabLover*** *Labs rule the universe*

I'm one of those people who does clip my dog's nails. My last two dogs had black nails and it was always a little bit of a concern but Bella's nails are clear and it's much easier to see what I am doing. She gets her "pedicure" about every 4 weeks with her grooming.

I tried clipping Sasha's nails once. I did okay after the first one. I got a bit too close on the first nail I tried clipping and she yellped. I felt awful! So, I'm not sure if I ever want to do it again. They too get their's done when they are groomed. Maddie gets me so bad when I walk in the door though. She has talons not nails and I have so many welts and scratches from her. So, I might have to break down and clip them myself !

Angel

I clip Jeffrey's nails. He is no problem. He sits quietly and allows me to clip. Bandit is another story. He hates it. His nails are light colored so I can clearly see where to clip them, but he gets so upset and whines and shakes, I just can't bear to. I figured I'd let the vet be the bad guy.

I clip both of my pups' nails. Graham is quite prissy for a boy, he loves being pampered and having his toe nails trimmed. He lyes down and hands me his paws when I get the nail clipper out. Cassie is like Genia's Bandit. She puts up a fight but I do it anyway because I want her to know I am the boss. She gets better and better every time I do it. In fact, last time I did it, which was just before I went to Chicago and left her with a friend, she did not like it but she did not put up much fight at all. I praised her alot while I was clipping to calm her down and it worked, she only squirmed once or twice which is good. I used to have to practiclly hog tie her with each and every nail. After her wonderful nail trimming experience she immediately got a couple of yummy treats and praise so hopefully she'll continue to get better and better.

I clip my dogs nails, Hannah loves it and will come to me and put her paw up to get cliped, filed and painted if she sees me doing mine. She has black nails and I did cut to short once, scary I felt so bad but she didn't really mind. Copper is a different story, I need help cutting his.

------------------

~~ My House Is Not A Home Without A Hound ~~

Carl absolutely hates it, but yes I do clip his nails. Iris and Raven came from a good breeder who played with their feet and clipped their nails from the time they were small puppies, so they don't care a bit.

I clip Sadie's nails but she doesn't like it. It takes both my husband and I to do it. He holds her and pats her (giving her lots of praise and hugs and kisses) and I do the dirty work. But it only takes a few minutes and it is over and done with. She is very forgiving and within seconds has forgotten all about the experience!