Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Great Dane Doberman mix puppy

ok how do i put pics up here i have no website of my own. but i took some pics of her to put up and show everybody but i dont know how HELP!!!

also is there somthing i should be doing to Aries when she goes to the bathroom in her crate in the middle of the night and i wakeup to her crying. i take her out not knowing that she whent pee in her cage. then when she is out side she goes pee and some times number 2

No, I don't think there is anything you should be doing to Aries. She had an accident, she's still a baby. You know how hard she tries to do the right thing, but accidents do happen even to the bestest of sweethearts. You clean up her cage and give her some fresh bedding and go back to bed. Just make sure you take her out the very last thing before you go to bed every night.

Pictures: First you have to have the pictures in digital format. You can do this by use of a scanner, or with a digital camera, or when you have your regular film developed, asking to have it also put on a diskette or cd. Do you have any pictures that are already digital?

yes i have pics are digital

You have to copy your pictures to webshots.com.

Then go to the picture you want in webshots and right click it. Click on properties, highlight the url and hit copy. Come back here and hit paste. At the beginning of your url you have to add [img] and at the end [/img].

[ July 05, 2001: Message edited by: Tanya&Fritz ]
    Tanya, Hans, Fritz & Sparky

Close .
    Here's ARIES !

And here's the album:
    Aries' Album
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

Wow, that was quick work.

Aries you are so beautiful! What expressive eyes! You're just precious

Welcome Aries!!!

Your Aries is a beautiful pup. You are so lucky to have a dog that is so young and already asks to go outside to potty. Don't worry about the crate accidents for bladder growth will ease those night time slip ups. Scolding isn't necessary with such a good potty track record so far. You do have a treasure there.

One of my dogs is also picky about his potty place, only on long grass and in our back yard. He goes on walks, to the dog park, the beach, but when he comes home he wants into the back yard to potty. Don't know what to do to change that. Only once did he potty away from home. We were at the beach, he couldn't find his tall grass, so he went into the ocean and pooped in the waves. I tried to grab it with a bag but the wave action floated it away. We really laughed hard over that one. Luckily no one was watching.

How did you find Aries and choose him for your special pup? Is this your first dog, and do you have any other pets now?

We're glad you're here!!

right now my parents have a alaskin huskie named nikki i have some pics of her. and about in april we had to put or dog named Lady to sleep. we had her for 15 years she was in so much pain that the vet said that we should doit. it broke my moms heart. lady was her baby. she planted two rose bushes in her memory and they have both blossemed almost every stem has a rose on it. this is my first dog that is all mine and my fiance's.

Many moons ago, when I was a teenager camping
    with my family,
    I saw the most beautiful dog I had ever seen. The dog was a Great Dane/Doberman mix.

As for feeding:
    Some owners of large breeds are afraid of
    having their puppys grow to fast and
    putting access weight on those growing bones. I fed my Akita's puppy food till they were 7 months old and than switched them
    to a good adult food.
    I also feed the pups 3 times a day
    till they were 6 months old, than
    cutting them down to 2 times a day.
    This is what I did, and what was suggested to me from some bdr. friends.
    Who is to say what is the right way.
    Trust your vet, I would ask him,
    and you also might want to check out
    some puppy care books from your local
    library also.

P.S Please keep sending us pictures as
    your BIG baby grows.

[ July 06, 2001: Message edited by: KYS ]

----<---<--<{(@

Quote Originally Posted by ARIES
    can anybody give me any advice on how to handle her. she is just eight weeks old some one told me that the great dane should not eat puppy food but a doberman should any body got any info on this mix
    I have the same kind of pup mine is 10 weeks old

re: handling a doberdane

I have had 2 doberdane mixes over the last 20 years, both dogs male and female are outgoing, do anything, RETRIEVE anything, very alert, and protective. While they were pups I DID feed them normal puppy food. Lots and lots of water and attention are necessary as they tend to be quite active. In my opinion they are the best "breed". They were wonderful with my children through the years. Thor [male], left home at about 6 years, Trinket [female] was here for 17 years..both had minimal health problems. Do you have any idea where I can get another one? I would love to have another preferably female, but not a big deal... please help I have been looking for quite some time. Thanks a bunch.

14. I heard its not good to feed medium/large breed puppy food thats too high in protein as it causes bone and joint issues as they grow. medium/large breed puppies require lower fat and protein level to ensure that they grow at a healthy pace. maybe thats what your friend meant

It is fine to feed large breed puppy food for Great Danes and Dobes. You shouldn't have to if it's high quality. They are large breeds after all. You would not need to feed large breed food to an American Pit Bull Terrier, they are a medium breed. Just using the APBT as a example of a dog that wouldn't need large breed food. This thread is really old, lol.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..