Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Peka got a haircut today

Awwwww!!! She looks so cute!!

She is so cute and pretty. She looks great, and healthy...how is she doing, Aly?

This week has been a hard week. She's got a lot of fluid in her chest and is coughing a lot more. She also keeps waking up in the middle of the night and just standing there panting We have a vet visit early next week.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Originally posted by aly
    This week has been a hard week. She's got a lot of fluid in her chest and is coughing a lot more. She also keeps waking up in the middle of the night and just standing there panting We have a vet visit early next week.
    I am so sorry, Aly She is in good hands now with you, but regardless of what the outcome is, she is loved and that is a wonderful blessing for such a beautiful old dog. I hope everything is OK.

Leslie,

She's definately a fighter. She's got so much spunk in her. She just loves to push my hands away when I'm giving her a pill or checking her teeth. She also loves to yelp when I am inspecting her body for lumps. She learned early on that I immediately stop when she yelps. I know I'm not hurting her, but what can I say, she has me trained!

She got a TON of hair cut off yesterday and its making things easier on us. I had been worrying for months about how I was going to get her groomed because I refused to take her to a grooming place because she HATES cages. Normal groomers won't even do heart patients, she would need to be done at a vet. But even that I didn't want to do because it would have stressed her SOOOOOOO bad. Anyway, a groomer friend I know volunteered some time and came into my work to shave our Sheepdog so I took Peka in and he helped me out with her. It made it 100 times better that I was standing there with her.

Its very depressing to me and wearing me down emotionally to know that she doesn't have too long to live. I'm a wuss and I can't handle these things well. But I try to take comfort in knowing that she is happy now and a LOT better off than the nasty awful condition someone dumped her in.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Peka is such a cutie.

I love her haircut! Peka darling... do not be afraid of the camera. It's just a silly little box with a quick bright light and then people from all over the world can admire your prettiness.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

She looks cute with her new cut! I hope she stays healthy as she can for awhile. She is soaking up the loven!

Originally posted by aly

Its very depressing to me and wearing me down emotionally to know that she doesn't have too long to live. I'm a wuss and I can't handle these things well. But I try to take comfort in knowing that she is happy now and a LOT better off than the nasty awful condition someone dumped her in.
    Oh, Aly. Don't be sad, I'm know she's so happy with you!! I hate to think of the unhealthy seniors that don't have such a wonderful place to live out their last months. But Peka's got YOU!!! Keep your chin up.