Thread: What's the best digital camera

What's the best digital camera

for between $200-$300? I don't have enough money yet but I want to take pics of my pets so I'm collecting. Ay suggestions as to what would be the best in that price range?
    I love my beautiful and adorable cockatiel birdys (Dumbledore and Hermoine), my sweetie kitten (Hufflepuff), my sun conure (Hedwig) and my new bunny bun bun (Hagrid)!

Bananas jump as they protest for being eaten worldwide!

Birdys, kitties, and bunnies are the rulers of my house..............and they rule well!

Fuji Film all the way!

I really like my digital camera. It's cheap in cost but high quality in photos. The one I have right now is a Fuji Film FinePix 1300. We're going to be getting a new one, just because I want video recording and zoom. The new one with video recording and zoom is $199.00 You can view more info about it HERE.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Mine was a little over 200 I think. Its a Kodak DC3400 (Zoom Digital Cam)

It's a nice cam :]

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

That looks like a cool camera Kfmar! I'm thinking Sony or Fuji. I hear they are the best. My friend has a Sony and its awesome! It takes such great pics of her kitty and makes video clips with sound too. I hope I get some more suggestions. Does anyone have a Sony? If so, please tell me about it!
    I love my beautiful and adorable cockatiel birdys (Dumbledore and Hermoine), my sweetie kitten (Hufflepuff), my sun conure (Hedwig) and my new bunny bun bun (Hagrid)!

Birdys, kitties, and bunnies are the rulers of my house..............and they rule well!

I have a KODAK DC240 Zoom Digital Camera. It's discontinued now, though.

Thanks! Any more suggestions?

I don't really like Sony cameras... my aunt's camera which cost more than mine too horrible pictures compared to my fuji.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

I really like Sony cameras, I have 2 of them. Maybe your aunt's is one of the floppy based cameras - they came out a long time ago and don't have the resolution the newer ones have.

My FD-91 (floppy based) cost $1000 in 1998, and it isn't even a megapixel. But it does have a great 14x zoom. It was the top-of-the-line digital camera when it came out.

My other Sony is a DSC-S85 that is a 4.1 MP and it takes excellent pictures (about $450-$499 now). It uses memory sticks. I keep thinking about selling both of mine and getting a Sony 717, ( that would combine the good zoom and the pixel quality) but the reason I got the S85 is it is smaller without the big zoom lens and I can take it everywhere with me.

Go to places like dpreview and Steve's Digicams and do some research, both good sites.

My advice is to get the best camera you can afford. I have seen so many people turned off to digital photography when they bought the cheapest cameras, and then were disappointed when the pictures looked crummy.

Oh yeah - I have some examples (mostly from the S85, if they're from the Mavica FD-91 it will say so) on my page here. (Warning - lots of pictures)

haha mine...sorry to say...is a piece of crap. haha but i guess that's what you get for paying 43 dollars lol

Ours is a Fuji A303 ; costs a bit more , but that other one (first reply) must be good too! We love Fuji!!

Here are a few sites where you can find lots of info

http://www.megapixel.net/html/issueindex.php?lang=en (lots of info on prices here !!)

http://www.dpreview.com

http://www.dpreview.com/forums (you can even post a question here !)

Success !

I'm a Sony fan, and although I also love Fuji, my first choice is always Sony. We got our Sony for $200 on sale. Its EXCELLENT. Very beautiful/clear pics, very easy to use (just plug into your computer to transfer the pics), size is small, makes video clips, has an awesome flash, and its just great. I love Sony!

Popcornbird, are the pics in your sig taken from your Sony? They are beautiful! I think I'll go for a Sony after I get enough money!