Thread: New here

New here

Hi everyone. My name is Allie. Currently I live with my parents on account of I broke my legs in a car accident. My family owns a zebra knee Tarantula which we actually love very much. His name is Allan. My personal pets are my own two tarantulas an Usambara Orange Baboon (not a baboon!) named Phia and Trinidad Chevron Tarantula named Trinaty. I would love to own more animals but my when the apartment I normally live in does not allow pets (the tarantuals are an exception). I would just love to become a breeder, own a pet store, run a breed rescue, run a shelter, or anything! I look really forward to hearing all your pet stories!

-Rachel

Darn it! I pressed the send button before I was finished. Here's what I was going to say

-Rachel you are so lucky being able to own a monkey!

I did read a few posts before posting myself

-Allie

Welcome Allie - or should I call you Rachel?? You will love it here and will find this site a great source of love and support.

I love spiders....or should I say tarantulas and I think it's great that you have a few of your own. Would love to see pictures!! and know more about your pets. What do they like to do? Any special talents??
    I have two kitties (Speckles and Max). They are "senior" (10 and 16) so they just sleep and eat all day. Let us know more..
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Welcome to the board!! I'd love to see your inverts if you have any pics!! I've never heard of a Trinidad Chevron, and I'd love to see what they look like...It's about time we had more fans of the less-than cuddly pets on here!

Thank you Wolf_Q!

Tarantulas are wonderful. I know it sounds weird (well I don't think it will to you guys) but I think of my tarantulas as family and would cry my eyes out if I lost one.

I'm hoping to buy a digital camera soon and when I do I'll send you some pics of the little critters!

-Allie

Hello and Welcome To Pet Talk!! Hope you will enjoy your stay here
    "Careful what you say, careful what you wish or it may just regret it!"

Welcome! I'm actually very afraid, unfoundedly, of spiders. For some reason though, I'm fascinated by tarantulas! I wish I knew someone who had them (that I trusted a lot) so that I could *attempt* to hold one or at least touch it. I just think they are so cool.

You know what's odd baout me...I don't deal well with little spiders. The ones I find around my house and such...I don't freak out but I won't go near them. The big guys at work though...I can't get enough of them!! I only wish our Cobalt Blue was handleable, that spider never ceases to amaze me.

I can't wait until you get your digital camera! *grins*

Just OOC: Are all of your tarantulas handleable? What is the maintenance on them? How often do they eat? *thinking how easy it would be to slip a Cobalt Blue in amongst the menagerie...*

Thank you Wolf_Q!

Wolf Chan-I don't do well with little spiders either! Maybe because I'm used to my big girls.

Not all my tarantulas are handable. Our zebra knee is handable and loves crawling all over people. Don't get a Usambara Orange Baboon if you're a beginner with tarantulas! Phia is one agressive spider! She will let me put my hand in the cage but other then that...she's fiesty! Trinaty allows me to pet her but I don't attempt to pick her up. A lot of people ask me why I bothered to buy a agreesive tarantula. What can I say? I thought they were so beautiful and facinating.

All the tarantulas need certain levels of humidity which can be a hassal to make perfect. Other then that all I usually have to do is put in some food and water every day. Plus I sometimes like to change their cage for added interest. So their matinence levels are fairly hard only because you have you to make sure the room they are in is 70-85degrees at all times.

Mine only eat everyday at 3:00pm and I know this is weird but I swear they know when food is coming. The emerge from their burrrows and run or walk along the side of the cage. Allan eats crickets, cockroaches, earthworms, and locusts and Pinkie Mice. I don't know how my parent's do that feeding but I can never watch. Thank god mine only eat things like crickets.

-Allie

A Cobalt Blue! I love those!

They are beautiful little creatures though I hear they're very agreesive. I know someone who owns one and I love to see it when I go over their house. I so wish I could have one but Phia and Trinaty will do for now

You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because you are all the same.
    AAACCKK! Spiders! They scare the crap out of me. Although I don't know why. I know trantulas can't kill you like they make it out to be in the movies, but still.

My husbands the same way about rats, so we have a deal. I don't bring in any rats, and he doesn't bring home any spiders.

I've always wanted to handle a trantula but i never have, i think it would be really awesome i'm not scared of any animal.
    RIP Clifford