Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: do you smoke?

do you smoke?

how many people here smoke, or used to smoke? I quit about 9 years ago, and sometimes I STILL want one LOL

Nope, but my hubby does and I would love for him to quit. He keeps saying 'some day.....'

Former User Guest
    My husband and I aren't smoking.

Yes I do & so does Mark, I'm ashamed to admit. I have quit 3 times. Twice for about a year, and the last time was for 3 years. I don't smoke all that much (about 5 a day) and should quit. But we don't smoke in the house (why kill the dogs & ourselves?).

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Nope.

Never tried it and never will. I wouldn't want to subject myself and the people and pets in my surroundings to the various diseases and besides I want to boycott smoking because of the cruel and unecessary animal tests they use.

Please sign my guestbook if you have the time

We both don't smoke . We never did and we never will !! My husband's dad died of lung-cancer at the age of 41 (he was a non-stop-smoker); my hubby was only 2 then . Since then , everybody in his family is very much against smoking !

My husband and I quit smoking just over two years ago. I just went on a four day vacation with a girlfriend who still smokes....like a chimney!!!! In the car, in the hotel room, at dinner.

I was tempted a few times...wasn't so much I wanted a cigarette as I wanted to smoke. But the urge passed (or at least I didn't give in to it!)
    Last edited by Edwina's Secretary; 03-11-2003 at 10:00 AM.

Just HOW DO YOU solve a problem like Maria?
    Nope, and due to the fact that I'm allergic to the smoke, have a slight case of asthma and at times tend to have weak lungs I never will. I can't afford to health wise. Heck I can't even stand buying them for my Grandma, it just makes me feel weird.
    Goonies never say die!

Thanks Amy for the great sig!

nope, I don't smoke, disgusting habit. The people at my work smoke, INSIDE! and yes, it is illegal. I now have a sorta smoker's cough! GROSS!
    My mom smoked for nearly 30 years and quit just over one year ago! she used The Patch.
    Owned by a demanding cat. Lol

Nope. HOWEVER, I do recognize the tremendous difficulty in stopping smoking. I wish everyone strength in stopping!!

Yes, my hubby and I both do
    I don't really want to, and I don't do it that much, but I haven't really tried to quit yet.
    Working in a restaurant does that to you (and everyone else I work with).
    But we don't smoke in the house, or around the dogs!!!
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

Nope, I don't smoke but everyone else in my family (except my parents) smokes. Smoke doesn't really bother me because I grew up in it. I don't even smell it until I go to leave and get in my car (by then I usually smell like a cigarette butt) sometimes I can smell smoke on Dustin (his mom smokes though he is less tolerate of it than I am). I have to admitt though I have bronchial (sp?) problems because of my overexposure to smoke.
    Hold your head high.
    Don't ever let 'em define
    The light in your eyes.
    Love yourself, give them Hell.
    You can take on this world.
    You just stand and be strong
    And then fight
    Like a girl.

I don't. I know thats not saying much as I'm only 18, but a lot of my friends do. Both my parents smoked most of my younger years, and I HATED it. I think its gross and...gross..They've both quit now, thankfully :] I doubt I'll ever smoke as I get a sore throat just from being around it

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

I quit many many years ago. They were 55 cents a pack then. In my 20's. I started in High School, to be cool. I work in smoke, so knows what will happen there. I wish Washington state would ban it in all public places.

Money will buy a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of his tail. - Josh Billings

Boy, this can become quite the controversy so I'll be brief. I tried it in my 20's but it didn't last long. Never touched a cigarette since and refuse to hang around smokers.

I was watching a program a while ago in the discovery channel. Studies have shown that pets belonging to smoking parents have a higher risk of developing cancer and I believe that to be true. Second-hand smoke can not only affect people but also pets. When I was volunteering last Christmas (I was Santa for Pet pics with Santa) many of the dogs and cats stunk of cigarette smoke and all I could do is feel sorry for them. I'm sure they were well looked after but it made me sad all the same.

For those of you who have quit, I applaud you!! And for those who are still smoking maybe the time just isn't right for you to quit just now. Hopefully soon. The Canadian Cancer Society and the American Cancer Society both have toll free numbers to call if you want to quit. But like any addiction it's up to the individual. Good luck!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.