Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: new rat :(

Pre-Killed? Never heard of that. Allan (our tarantula) always has live mice. Now before I get booed and hissed this one lives with my parents NOT ME and how my parents do it I don't know. My mom says you just have to understand it's an animal and it needs to eat and after you get over the "Oh I feel so sorry for the mouse" it doesn't bother you as much.

-Allie

Originally posted by furfinfeatherbabies
    Pre-Killed? Never heard of that. Allan (our tarantula) always has live mice. Now before I get booed and hissed this one lives with my parents NOT ME and how my parents do it I don't know. My mom says you just have to understand it's an animal and it needs to eat and after you get over the "Oh I feel so sorry for the mouse" it doesn't bother you as much.

-Allie
    Yes...there are pre-killed mice/rats/rabbits. They are killed (and frozen) to reduce injury on the snake, or if the snake has a hard time catching mice/rats/rabbits. They are available at every pet store I have been to.

Anyhow, I love snakes...and I do feel kinda bad for the rodents, but hey...snakes have to eat. Pre-killed is my way to go also. I don't carry grudges against those who use live food (it's live in the wild).
    LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb

Yeah but so far our tarantula hasn't been injured from the mice. I'm glad "some" people understand that animals have to eat even if it a live animal.

I didn't mean anyone here when I said 'some' I meant people I know who have eaten me or my parents out countless times for feeding our tarantula live food.

Thanfully Phia and and Trinaty eat more...urm digestable? food.

-Allie

You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because you are all the same.
    My freind has a boa named Ramstein and I love him to death, but I have to go in the next room when it's time for him to eat. I am aslso a wuss

Im sorrry about your rattie....
    Now for the feeder rat issue,im not really against it,cause snakes have to eat,thats life..just the other day my cat caought a baby rabbit about 4-5weeks old maybe..i was soo mad!!!we had to put it down because it wouldnt make it....but thats what cats do....
    YellowLabLover-Iv probally told u this before but I love your siggy!!!!!Hide your doggie!
    Last edited by ChewmonkeyBC; 03-14-2003 at 06:08 PM.
    ~Kay&Chewy~

FCA(Future Cledus's of America)
    FTC(Future Twister Chaser)
    FCR(Frer. Critter Ranch)
    FFA(Future Farmers of America)

we have the cutest little baby rats that i always play wiht in lab now even though i know that pretty soon they will be taken to a pet shop which i dont know whether they will be feeder rats or pets. Speaking of people badly mistreating animals we have people in lab that throw away mice and hamsters all the time cause they aren't paying attention, sometimes we find them when we take out the trash though, i just think it's stupid.
    RIP Clifford