Thread: Cassie drives me nuts

Cassie drives me nuts

I love her, and all my cats, but do your cats just drive you crazy sometimes? she loves attention, and affection, and I give her alot of it, but it drives me crazy when she licks my face, on my mouth or eyes, and she will do this when I am sleeping, so I can't turn away! yuck!!
    I don't care if she licks my cheek or forehead, but yuck not on the mouth and if I turn over, so I am not facing her, the little stinker will walk across my pillow and settle down in front of me again!
    I have to be very blunt with her to make her stop that, or other things, like biting the cord to the tv, she doesn't understand right away like the other cats. then she walks away. I can't get her to just settle down my me!

does anyone else have cats that do these things?
    Last edited by marysmerrycats; 03-09-2003 at 01:08 PM.

My cat Georgia can get carried away, but, not as bad as Cassie. Maybe she wil grow out of it? My kittens were like that, but, not now that they are biggies....

Sounds like Sterling when he was younger. I thought he'd never let me sleep. He would wake me up by licking my face and into my hair and then the hair would be too long for him to handle so he'd chew......very annoying. He wanted to play "fetch. (yes, in the middle of the night). Or just wanted attention (the time we are asleep must seem like an awfully long time for a cat to not interact with us). The only way I got him to stop was to actually get up, most likely go into the bathroom and give him a few moments of special attention. He'd then settle down for the rest of the night. Thankfull, he out grew this. And I think I miss his neediness.

I love Juke joint Joseph , but he does have the bad habit of landing on me like a ton of lead from the headboard of the bed, and at 18 pounds he has a lot of weight behind him , THUMP! OUCH! DAMN CAT!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Cassie also insists on sleeping on my legs, after I shoo her away from my face, and I mean ON them not next to them! I have arthritis and I have to be able to move my legs, to get comfy, and that little stinker is always on them, last night I had 4 cats on my bed with me(where was my Emma?) and they all find their little places, but not her, she has to pin mommys legs! I feel bad like I am picking on just her but she is the silliest creature! I don't know what I would do without the little pain in the a** I love her no matter what she does! I'm trying to teach her to sleep next to me. when I first got her, she would lay her head down on the pillow next to me, and look at me like "ok goodnight mommy!"
    it was so cute! now whe wants my pillow for her bed, maybe if I put another pillow on the bed she will sleep there...

Originally posted by catmandu
    I love Juke joint Joseph , but he does have the bad habit of landing on me like a ton of lead from the headboard of the bed, and at 18 pounds he has a lot of weight behind him , THUMP! OUCH! DAMN CAT!
    WAY TOO FUNNY
    LOL .... LOL ....

Yes my cats often drive me insane!

It's funny reading a thread with my name in it lol. I was like, who do I drive insane? LMAO
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

It's funny reading a thread with my name in it lol. I was like, who do I drive insane? LMAO
    lol that would be funny to see your own name....

Mary, you're not the only one with a cat that drives them crazy. Sunny sometimes drives me crazy too. He's been a real cuddle bug at night lately which is nice but sometimes he just gets too close to me and seems to always want to lay on my hand or arm. If I move to the other side then he moves to the other side. I love him very much but he's sometimes too needy. He'll be 3 in late August so I'm sure as he matures that he'll become better about this. Storm used to be like this too but has gotten much better as he's gotten older. Good luck.