Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: #5....Oliver!!!

I couldn't believe my eyes!! Surely, that doesn't mean what I think it does? YIPPEE! It does! I am sooo thrilled for you!!!! Hello little Oliver, welcome to one of the bestest homes you could ever want for!!!! I can't wait for the stories.

To think when I first 'met' you..you only had 3 !!! You are catching up to me. I think I will have to think about one more. Hurry up Minnie, and get acclimated, we need another kitty.

What a handsome cat! As someone on here once said, "What's one more poop in the litter box?"
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

OK, let's plan ahead........
    we have Noah and Noel..............
    Oliver and Olivia..................
    Basil and..................Hazel??????????

I know, I know........don't press my luck. Hee Hee

Welcome, handsome Oliver Job, to your new home and to Pet Talk.
    Steffi and Lovable

Originally posted by jenluckenbach

Originally posted by Cataholic
    I couldn't believe my eyes!! Surely, that doesn't mean what I think it does? YIPPEE! It does! I am sooo thrilled for you!!!! Hello little Oliver, welcome to one of the bestest homes you could ever want for!!!! I can't wait for the stories.
    Great news, I'm so happy for you - and Oliver! You're a great kitty mum!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

HEE HEE!!! TOO FUNNY!!!!

But....his name is Basil...pronounced Baa-zil. Hmmm...what will go with that???

Yea...this one was hard to confince hubby. I had to promise to do the litter box and deal with everything "cat". I felt like I was confincing my mom!

Oliver came with the name Motzart. Cute....but didn't fit. He is a little lover boy, but so far hates all the cats. I remember this part....luckily he isn't adverse to stay in the closet (walk in) for now. Olivia hated it AND the other cats, so that was a huge headache.

The others are doing well. Noah isn't having an attitude and he even sleep with me last night...that's good news. They are all getting lots and lots of loving. So they seem happy.

I feel I need to say something here. In the thread about horrible people that just want cats for fun-not responsibility, I said that I wouldn't have any more cats, due to the time and money. I've decided to stay with my company until June, to pay for the extra vet $$ and initial supplies. This was a HUGE thing for me, considering I really hate my job....but Oliver is SO worth it.

Anyway...that's all for now. Oh! Samantha...I think those pictures may have been decieving in the "size" category. He is about the same size as Olivia. Can you beleive it? He's only 1 1/2 and she's 7! Here's another picture:

OK, I have more.... I'm going to make his vet appointment for Monday...but I'm going to switch to a Cat's Only vet. Wish me luck.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Originally posted by L. Wayne
    Noaha's Mommy, thanks for the encouragement, as I knew that my "propaganda" would be good for something . Your little kitten, Oliver, is such a black beauty. I'm sure that he will fit into your menagerie soon. Keep us posted on his progress.

...........wayne
    Thank you Wayne!

Congratulations Oliver!

You have a wonderful forever home now. Enjoy.

I see him in your new signature. You are NEVER going to tell them apart...hee hee. Maybe you would not have had to convince Hubby? just make sure they were not in the same room at the same time..

Maybe you would not have had to convince Hubby? just make sure they were not in the same room at the same time..
    That's what David and I said about our friends and family coming over....too funny! Hopefully they wont notice.

Looks like Oliver is going to be living in the closet for a while. He seems to hate our cats! I don't know if its because he feels threatened with them at his door or what.
    I was in there playing and talking to him when Noel started scratching the carpet under the door. I opened it to tell her to stop and pet her and Oliver lunged for her! I closed the door and realized that in his attempt, he got my foot with his claws! Ouch! At least it wasn't Noel.

Jeeesh, I forgot how much I HATE this part.

Some reassuring words please....

Noah's Mom, How big is big for Oliver and Olivia? How much do they weigh? Is Noah still your biggest cat?
    Do either Oliver or Olivia have a single white hair on them or even a white whisker that might help you tell them apart?
    I guess you better keep their color coded collars on then!
    RIP sweet Samantha
    6/26/88-8/28/08
    ----------------------------

Milly & Izzy

Calm.......long deep breaths.........patience has its own reward.....

There is no doubt that Oliver feels threatened. He'll loosen up, but not without some posturing between them all. Just try to wait for introductions, give him time to get used to the home first. And CLIP THOSE CLAWS! I always do that 1st.

My goodness!

Hi!! It has been ages since I've been able to post, but I had to make the effort tonight to say congratulations on the addtion of another furbaby! Side note: Oliver and Olivia were always my favorite names - - always wanted to name my kids that! PS: Tell Noah I LOVE his new "Fishin" tank -- Max would LOVE it!