Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: What color should I get???

I did try the sheet thing and it didnt work. I have tryed sittingon the floor with him @ eye level and that duidnt work . I am tryed whistling to him and even playing soft music to get him relexed NOTHING WORKS .

posted by Brie:
    Ummmm, I hate to play devils advocate here, but, T's mom, WHY ARE YOU GETTING ANOTHER PET??? your dog just killed your rabbit and in another thread you talked about your dog having killed a bird. Then you were complaining about the cost of spaying the bunny, but, you're willing to PAY for another animal!!!
    I am getting another bird because I just figured out how cool they are. Cheeko does buite and stuff but he sings back and forth to Spanky it is soo cute. I Love animals so much and getting another bird would just add more love to the family. ..I desided I am gunna tame Cheeko and Spany befor I get another bird though because it would be to hard to tame all 4 @ once. . My dog has killed wild birds not inside birds. I wasnt complaining about the coast of spaying a bunny, I was gunna spay her right when I saved up. .. .. I am willing to pay to buy another bird yes. The thing that didnt cross my mind is getting a vet check befor hand. I dont know why I never thought about that. Good thing I am waiting till I get a job then I'll have money to take my birds all to the vet .
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

Originally posted by tikeyas_mom
    I am getting another bird because I just figured out how cool they are.
    That's not a very good reason for wanting another bird.

I just found this really cool site .. goto it..http://www.cockatiel.com/index.shtml

I printed off so much stuff lol, I think I used all the school printer paper .. I will try the sheet thing again..
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

thanks!they are both so cute!
    Last edited by Jessica12345; 03-10-2003 at 05:56 PM.

opps.... wrong thread lol

Originally posted by popcornbird
    Its not going to work in one day. It needs time and patience. Put the bird in your lap under the sheet, and talk to it for 1/2 an hour every day and don't move. Try to be as calm as possible, and talk to it in an assuring and loving voice. Do this everyday for a month, and then come and tell me if it worked or not. Ok? I've tamed at least 10 birds besides my own and it worked for ALL of them within a week, but I figure it will take loger for your bird since he lost confidence after the dog bite and he's not a young baby either. With time and patience, it should work. As I said, do NOT lose patience. Its only been a few days. Its not supposed to work that fast. The bird needs time.
    at least 10 birds?! wow! lol PCB - The bird tamer...

hehe

wow!
    lol you should! im sure you'd get a lot of buisness if you held your birds up to the custumors face and showed them off. lol They would completely cave!

hehe

Who knows...some people make a living as avian behavior consultants, I'll bet you could too!

Thank you Wolf_Q!