Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: anybody else hate their job? The Official Job Rant thread :)

anybody else hate their job? The Official Job Rant thread :)

UGHHH some days I wanna tell some of the ppl I work with to 'cram it' HAHAHA.
    Today was one of those days, I couldn't seem to do anything right, and the person I work with is a harsh slacker. While I'm busting my butt, she's on the net playing poker and yapping on MSN. That's all fine and good, but I don't have net access and I feel totally isolated half the time.
    I am hoping to stick it out at least until April, I will have one year in and i can get two weeks vacation .
    Owned by a demanding cat. Lol

DON'T GET ME STARTED...
    I actually am THANKFUL for my job..... because of the sake of paying bills... but you may dissagree if you read along...

I work for a very LARGE company.... when I first started there were five people in the office.... I worked with a really cool guy... but his son had diabeties and his wife was pretty sickly so he had to take off a lot.. and then (I'll call her 'R') would have to change shifts and work with me... 'R' DID NOTHING!!!!!!!!! She would talk on the phone the whole time... emailing back and forth the person SHE WAS TALKING TO... then when a driver would come to her window she would thumb them down to my window.. I would always get so mad I would cry... (I blame that on me being the most unassertive person in the world).. All the supervisors knew she didn't do crap but they wouldn't do anything about it.... untill we downsized.. they gave her a package and didn't giver her a choice to stay....

SOOOOO.... I have been here for almost three years.. and 'T' has only been here a 1.5 years.. so when we lost three people in the office they gave 'T' midshift and stuck me on nights even though I have more senority... I fought that every way I knew how.. AND LOST!!!! So I still work on nights and am feverishly looking for another job....

Oh the stories I could tell but I will stop there...
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

ouch, that stinks!
    they smoke in my office too, I have smoker's cough from it now *LOL* and I don't smoke!! SHEESSH!!!!!

HMMMM

Most places here you can't smoke in... there are a lot of restaurants that they are trying to make smoke free... *i can't stand cigarette smoke*
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!

Tinky

Wow, amazing timing on this thread, since I just came home from work tonight cursing that place! My problem is having 5 supervisors, each with a different agenda and idea of what's the highest priority task for me to accomplish. If I focus on getting something done in my own department, I'm "not seeing the big picture", but if I help out other areas at the sake of mine not looking that great, I am questioned about my lack of "personal accountability". I have been doing this job for 24 fricking years, so I am pretty sure I know what the h*** I'm supposed to be doing without these brand new "managers" riding me like a donkey all day and spouting these stupid aphorisms. If I wasn't on my meds, I probably would go postal one of these days !
    The legend says that Mohammed adored cats. When one of them was sleeping on his sleeve and he had to go out, Mohammed supposedly cut off the sleeve so as not to disturb his pet.

A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast - Proverbs 12:10

How we behave toward cats here below determines our status in heaven. - Robert A. Heinlein

What greater gift than the love of a cat? ~ Charles Dickens

There is, incidently, no way of talking about cats that enables one to come off as a sane person. - Dan Greenberg

If purring could be encapsulated, it'd be the most powerful anti-depressant on the market. ~Alexis F. Hope

sounds Amazingly like Retail He-- to me!!!!
    The Deli Dog

I want to Honor All of Our Rainbow Bridge Furkids

Ugh retail, ick!

It is illegal for them to be smoking in the office but they don't care. sometimes the boss starts ranting about it but in the end, when he leaves (which is often) they spark up. I think one of these days I will file a complaint, tho I fear losing my job. GRRRRRR

You've worked that job for 24 years!! those punks should be sucking up to you, GEEZZZZZZZZ

Lalania...
    you should sneak some signs of the dangers of second hand smoke and plant them in the smoker's desks when they arn't looking...
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!

Tinky

I must be in the minority, I like my job
    Scott is owned by 5 cats: Jackson, Fluffy, Twidgit, Ashton, Lexi;
    and 3 dogs: Eli, Sassee, Ginger

Fuzzy317's Pictures

There's no smoking signs all over that place.

Fuzzy : whadda ya do?

Originally posted by Fuzzy317
    I must be in the minority, I like my job
    I'm with you--I love my job--I work in a restaurant, and it is great. I was out of the restaurant business for 2 years, and I missed it so much.
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

Originally posted by Lalania
    Fuzzy : whadda ya do?
    I am a night shift computer operator at head quarters of a national company, really just main office of company that sells eyeglasses in WalMarts.

I work 3.5 days, and off 3.5 days. The night shift bonus is good, and I am basically here alone in the building at night, so no one to bother me. I can do my job without many disturbances. And without people watching over my shoulder, I can bbs and chat without worries.
    Scott is owned by 5 cats: Jackson, Fluffy, Twidgit, Ashton, Lexi;
    and 3 dogs: Eli, Sassee, Ginger

Fuzzy317's Pictures

Originally posted by Fuzzy317

I am a night shift computer operator at head quarters of a national company, really just main office of company that sells eyeglasses in WalMarts.

I work 3.5 days, and off 3.5 days. The night shift bonus is good, and I am basically here alone in the building at night, so no one to bother me. I can do my job without many disturbances. And without people watching over my shoulder, I can bbs and chat without worries.
    Scott - wanna hook me up with a job like that over in Victoria, BC Canada?

yeah, and me near Vancouver??????????????

Originally posted by delidog
    sounds Amazingly like Retail He-- to me!!!!
    dingdingdingdingding - we have a winner!! Wow, very intuitive - yes, it is RETAIL HE!!.............you must have experienced this at one time - you have my sympathies!
    The legend says that Mohammed adored cats. When one of them was sleeping on his sleeve and he had to go out, Mohammed supposedly cut off the sleeve so as not to disturb his pet.

A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast - Proverbs 12:10

How we behave toward cats here below determines our status in heaven. - Robert A. Heinlein

What greater gift than the love of a cat? ~ Charles Dickens

There is, incidently, no way of talking about cats that enables one to come off as a sane person. - Dan Greenberg

If purring could be encapsulated, it'd be the most powerful anti-depressant on the market. ~Alexis F. Hope