Thread: bird chaser

bird chaser

does anyones dog like to chase birds? timber loves to chase birds...i dont know what she would do if she caught one, cuz she just loves to mother everything and i couldnt imagine her wanting to harm one lol....but she just loves to chase them! when i took her out today she got to run after ducks and geese and she had so much fun (cant say the same for the birds lol) and whenever one flies over our yard, she jumps in the air or barks at it...shes funny..
    I've been BOO'd!

When Maddie was younger, I spent 2 months living in a Condo in
    Florida, that was right on the beach, for my job. I could have
    never done this with Murph, but I'd take her to the beach and
    let her off the leash. She absolutely loved chasing the birds
    into the surf. Never came remotely close to catching one, but
    loved the chase.

Both her and Murph ignore the birds in their own back yard
    though. Been many a time that I've looked out the window to see
    Murph laying near his dog dish, watching a bird perched on it,
    using it as it's own personal bird bath.

Par...

awww thats so cute! ive never heard of a dog that lets birds use their dish as a bird bath lol
    I've been BOO'd!

Dakota loves to find birds and sneak up on them when they're in the tree in our backyard. Brian told me that once when he was watching, she snuck up to the tree, and lunged for the branch and grabbed a bird right off of the branch. I guess she took it straight to the ground and pinned it like it was a toy. Just as she went to fling it across the yard so she could go chase it, Brian told her to drop it so she did and looked up at him like, "What dad, I'm just playing with my new toy".

That was the second time that one of us found her with a bird. There was once that I was on the phone with Amy, my sister, and I looked out in the backyard where Dakota was playing to find her playing with something bigger, but just like she plays with the rocks (picking up the rock, flinging it across the yard, and chasing it to do it all over again). As I looked closer, it was too big to be a rock, but I thought it was leaves. Then, it fell too hard and seemed to heavy to be leaves. At a look closer, is was a dead bird. I don't think she did it from checking it out, but I got it from her Immediately and got her inside and it cleaned up and inspected as I was cleaning it up to make sure Dakota didn't eat any of it and that she didn't kill it.

So, Dakota LOVES chasing birds and trying to play with them. However, they tend to stay away from our yard now when she is out.

Tikeya loves to chase birds, the problem is she has cought them befor.. .. Sha also chases cats . but she doesnt catch them..
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

My Birdy Chases My Dog!

Tiki climbs down from her cage and runs after jewls chasing her around the house! its so funny! jewls runs as fast as she can away!
    Tiki will also steel jewlsys little piggy toy and gaurd it their. If jewls comes near it she will chase her down the hall and run back again to gaurd it hehe its so hillarious!

thats funny! one time i went to my neighbors houe, and i ate dinner over there...i had brought timber with me, and she noticed the doves they had in a cage...well, one of the doves stuck its tail out and timber grabbed hold of it and evry single feather came out she wasnt trying to hurt it, but it was pulling...lol
    I've been BOO'd!

heres the "bird chaser" lol
    I was going to post this before but forgot *sighs*
    doesn't she look like a wolf?

I've been BOO'd!