Thread: I'm geting two new born Guinea Pigs soon, will you please show me your guinea pigs?

Hybrid View

I'm geting two new born Guinea Pigs soon, will you please show me your guinea pigs?

I can't wait until i get my new babys could you show my your pics and give me so advice and maybe some names? thank alot for your help!

yay!! A piggie thread!!
    You're very lucky, guinea pigs are very affectionate, sweet, amusing, and just darn cute! I am priveliged enough to own seven at the moment. They have me very well trained! Every time I go out the back they start up - "wheek! wheek! wheek!" (translation - "carrots! corn! feeeeed us!"). And never let anyone tell you that guineas don't have personality, because it's just not true. My little Pyper is the most energetic, squeaky little girl you could ever meet, while her mom Kennedi's favourite thing in the world to do is cuddle down on my lap and watch TV for a few hours.
    And by way of advice, I don't have much to offer, except to recommend letting them of their cage for at least twenty minutes a day, to let them relax, have a run around, and if possible, graze. My piggies get so excited when I'm coming outside to let them out for their run - they jostle around the door of their hutch and wheek as loud as they can. The bigger ones seem to enjoy grazing and foraging more, while the younger ones like getting their 'jitters' out, running around and generally acting crazy. But a word of warning - always supervise them when they're out (keep an eye out for cats etc), and never let them eat any plants in the yard, because piggies are very small creatures and poisonous plants can kill them very quickly.
    But, I don't know, maybe you'll be having indoor guinea pigs? Because in that case I don't really know. Maybe Lut could give you some advice about that, I know she has a guinea pig too.
    As for names, here are a few suggestions, but remember, the perfect name may come to you only when you first see your little one.
    Thomas, Wetherby, Kendall, Dylan, Cole, Eppie, Schuyler, Quinn, Aggie, Fox, Tyler, Stuart, Faith, August, Colin, Mason, Gilbert, Dash, Peyton, Spencer, Adrian, Joel, Kira, Zora, Kelsey. But that's just my taste
    Here are some pics of my piggies:

The whole gang

Out for a run

Four little bots in a row! Jostling for the prime position for grazing.

Congratultions, and good luck with your new babies! Post piccies soon!
    Last edited by zanzanfergie; 03-01-2003 at 12:06 AM.

This is my Jasper

Originally posted by lut
    This is my Jasper
    Jasper is so gorgeous! He looks so soft. And I love his markings...lol, his beautiful silver colour is only down one side. Is he rosetted?

Originally posted by zanzanfergie

Is he rosetted?
    Yes , he is !! I love his fur there : it feels so special!!!
    yesterday-evening he spent an hour on my lap . LOVELY !!!!!!!

This is Turnip. She is a red-eyed guinea pig. She belongs to my niece who lives in my basement. I give her carrots and lettuce so if she even hears my voice at the top of the stairs she begins to wheek! She loves laundry day because every time I go downstairs she gets a treat! When Edwina the cat goes to visit Turnip wheeks at her too.

Edwina never remembers to bring treats with her!

You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because you are all the same.
    Yaaah! Piggies! I had some when I was a kid and I loved them all so much. I can't have any now because my husband has this wierd phobia of rodents or anything the least rat like. All my piggies were named Softball, Squeaky, Sometime (because he only squeaked sometimes), Paula (after Paula Abdul), Chitters, Weasel, Charlene, and finnaly Ninja! Choosing a name is part of the fun, so just find what feels right to you. Show us some pictures when you get them!

cute pics everyone!

Wow zanzanfergie !!!! thats a lot of piggies! I love the four "buts" pic