Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GRRR @ two things in the news

GRRR @ two things in the news

I read in the newspaper yesterday that Carl-Axel Roslund, a member of the Swedish politic party Moderaterna wanted to ban begging in public places. I'll try to translate his exact quote from the newspaper here: "Having to see beggars in the bussiness areas that I dwell in lowers my quality of life. They piss you off so much, they're just doing it out of laziness and to get easy money." Goddamn that pissed me off... Some rich politician bastard born with a silver spoon in his mouth is sitting there claiming that people beg just cause they are lazy! WTF is his problem?! I've always hated the Moderaterna party; but this just beats all.

Secondly, I've been reading online about a pizzeria owner in Denmark that has banned people from Germany and France. Why? Because their countries doesn't support the USA's war on Iraq. He says he cannot be bothered to make food for such "disloyal", "cowardly" and "anti-American" people. Even if you do see it from his point of view and you support the war, why punish normal people? If anything he should have banned France's and Germany's government because they are the ones who took the decision to not support the war! This is pure racism, just as low as saying "no blacks/jews/whatever". There are people in Denmark and USA that do not support the war even though their governments do, and there are people in Germany and France that support the war even though their government doesn't. What a moron; I hope he looses all his business.

And that ends todays rant

Please sign my guestbook if you have the time

I have to admit I'm baffled and disturbed by this "anti" trend. Renaming French Fries Freedom Fries. Etc. All seems rather juvenile. Perfect for a political cartoonist .... small pouty child....if you disagree with me...I'll show you a thing or two...

Freedom Fries -this is great. I think I will use that name in future. How about Freedom Knickers?

Ok whenever I go to Danmark I will ask Randi whether I can have some of Fister's shrimp and not have Pizza

The real question is....."What happens to French kissing????

Hey Ann, let's find that politician, and ask why he doesn't raise the beggars' "quality of life" up to his high-falutin' standards ... will he at least let them into his home to eat, bathe, shave and perfume themselves so they don't "bother" him with their presence in the neighborhoods he frequents?

Sheesh!

As for that pizza-shop owner not serving residents of countries who don't support the war, perhaps if no one eats there at all, he will get the hint.

I can't stand pompous politicians like that. They act like their poops don't stink.

Karen and Sara - VERY good points there.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Glad to see I wasn't the only one bothered by this. Seriously, there are some rich people that are really aware of homeless people's problem and strive to help them (Bill Gates is the first example that pop to my mind), but then there's people like this bastard who ruins it for everyone. Not only was his comment totally crude and disgusting but did he ever stop to think a step farther? Banning begging in public places would not end the problem of poor/homeless people, it would just fix it for him by not having to see them. How thoughtless and uncaring isn't that?! And that's a politician, that has to much power! It's just purely scary...

Sorry for ranting so much, this just really struck a nerve. In the area of Sweden I live in there are virtually no beggars or homeless people, only the big cities like Stockholm have those misfortunate people. But when I was in California I saw them all the time... And my heart ached so much for them. I tried to give everyone atleast a little money but there were so many... It's just so sad.

Please sign my guestbook if you have the time

freedom ticklers

freedom toast

freedom bread
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

That is a horrible statement for that man to make...you have to live in ones shoes to understand their situation. I agree Karen, why doesn't he DO something about it? What a insenstive jerk!

My mom just told me about those "freedom fries"...quite an interesting way to make a statement....
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

before i forget...

the protesters that tossed the tons of bread in front of the french embassy in los angeles made me wonder why they didn't take that bread and give it to the homeless and down trodden people in skid row. instead they chose to use it as a type of protest and made a mess, like GW Bush.....

peace protesters rallyed on the point that the homeless should be taken care of here in the U.S. and when given the chance to feed those people, they choose to waste 'tons' of bread on a protest that was given little or no news coverage here in the city.

having business in lost angeles the day after the 'protests'
    i noticed antiwar handbills/bumper stickers all around the protest route, trash and ciggie butts in the gutters, graffitti and people who etched antiwar slogans into glass storefront windows, the stench of human waste where protesters ducked into alleys and
    storefront areas to relieve themselves when the protest organizers could not supply adequate facilities for the marchers.

i know that there are the fringe group of anarchists in every protest, but i find it quite amazing that the rest of the civilized, law abiding protesters could not make the effort to keep the streets clean, keep people from placing the handbills on walls, stickers from being put on windows, bus kiosks, light poles,
    graffiti and the vandalism done to the glass windows and walls.

yell and scream about what gets your goat, but do the city a favor- don't make a mess, don't cause more problems than we already have, and if you protest clean up after yourselves......

amazing that people can be so passionate about a subject that they ignore the basic rules of respecting their surroundings and fellow citizens, amazing.
    -faith hill

Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
    The real question is....."What happens to French kissing????
    why, it becomes tonsil hockey.
    -faith hill

Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I have to agree the whole "Freedom Fries" is rediculous, but, interesting trivia...

During WWII Saurkraut was called "Liberty Cabbage" and Frankfurters became "hot dogs"

The name "French" fries is already wrong in the first place !!! The French have NO idea how to bake good fries ! They cut a potatoe in 4 pieces and fry it !!
    We Belgians , are the real inventors of the fries !! I bet that if there were a contest in baking fries , you would all choose for mine ! Everybody agrees that I am an expert ! If you are still doubting , come on over , and I will bake ye the best fries you had in your entire life !!! With home-made mayonnaise

Originally posted by lut
    The name "French" fries is already wrong in the first place !!! The French have NO idea how to bake good fries ! They cut a potatoe in 4 pieces and fry it !!
    We Belgians , are the real inventors of the fries !! I bet that if there were a contest in baking fries , you would all choose for mine ! Everybody agrees that I am an expert ! If you are still doubting , come on over , and I will bake ye the best fries you had in your entire life !!! With home-made mayonnaise

see, the french are trying to cash in on your culinary excellence,
    scoundrels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    -faith hill

Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

Originally posted by lut
    If I ever make it to belgium, I'll be sure to take you up on that...not that I don't trust you, love to try new foods, and foods prepared different ways