Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Question for Everyone!!!!!

A Question for Everyone!!!!!

Hi, I have a question for you guys what the worst thing your dog has ever done? It can be anything, Like for example the other day My 2 dogs Cody and Cruz were outside in their backyard and well we left a hose hooked up to the facet back there on the side of the house big mistake first of all Cruz (American Bulldog ) hates hoses he always chews them up, well there was this piece hanging off the facet still and i guess it was bothering him. Cody (st.Bernard) could care less he's not much for chewing things. So i am filling my bath and the water stops running i go outside and there was cruz he ripped the hose off the wall and he took the valve spicket thing with him wihich controls all our water in the house water was just shooting out the side of the house i couldn't get mad i had to laugh it was funny, my boyfirend and i went to home depot to get stuff to fix it and we told the guy the story he just laughed he said he never heard of that before, needless to say the stuff we bought didn't work and we had to have a plumber come out the other day but now all is good and up and running silly dogs They always keep my on my feet

My dog Patches (coonhound/pitbull mix) chewed up a blue ink pen in the middle of my off-white living room carpet! When I walked in the door my German Shepard was already in his crate cuz he knew there was going to be trouble. And there was Patches.....sitting on the couch looking as innocent as could be......with blue ink splotches all over her mouth and front paws!

I just cried. Then I pulled up the carpet and found hardwood floors underneath!
    ~Kat

Tonee (RB) chewed the phone line in half while I was on the phone. While visiting my parents, she dug up ALL the carrots in the garden and took little bites of each one. I tried to tell my Mom there was plenty left of each one, but she didn't want them after a 'dog' chewed on them.... At our house we built a fence around the garden. She would go out in the night to go potty and start eating, stay out for hours if I didn't go get her. Same at an old house, we had to put a fence around the pool, she would go out to go potty in the night and decide to go swimming.

Kelly, our friends dog, pulled a brand new VCR off the shelf and it shattered. She also chewed the computers wires in half while her Daddy was on the computer.

Erin (RB), a friends dog, use to steel from the neighbors. Shoes! They had a big family and always left the shoes outside. Erin came home with them and shredded them in her yard. All they had to do was look over the fence and see them spread out all over. My friends would write checks for like $300.00 at a time to them. One time she came home with a whole loaf of bread, still in sack, must have gotten it as people were unloading the car from the store.

Money will buy a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of his tail. - Josh Billings

Chester actually chewed up a tube of super glue! Right there in the middle of the living room floor, a huge hard lump in the carpet! And , of course, he loves to get MY underwear (why, oh why?) out of the laundry basket and bring them in the living room. But only if we have guests. We now have a laundry hamper and he can't get into that.

OH NO Chester. Did it do anything to his mouth? You sound like a silly boy

Money will buy a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of his tail. - Josh Billings

OH NO Chester. Did it do anything to his mouth? You sound like a silly boy
    No it didn't harm him in any way. Believe it or not, he still tries to get the tube of super glue if you're using it!!

timber is generally pretty good, but one time i was riding my bike, and i forgot to look to see any tell tale signs of her having to go to the bathroom...well she had to go, so she stopped, and i went flying forward off my bike...there were guys under a tree right beside me! they laughed at me lol... and timbers tongue was bleeding and my hand was killing me from yanking on the leash when i flew forward...ahk...embarassing...
    leather is obsessed with food, and shes also extremely smart, and knows how to open the fridge...well, she chewed apart the bungee cord that was holding our fridge closed (our invented lock ) and she ate everything! we had just gone to kfc that night, and she ate the whole bucket of chicken, bones and all....we hadnt even tasted the whole mcain chocolate cake and she ate the whole thing! luckily it was only chocolate falvoured lol...that was about 100 dollars worth of food, cuz she didnt leave a crumb...ate every single thing in the whole fridge...then as if that wasnt enough, we didnt have another bungee cord, so she did it three more times! dog has a super stomach, she didnt even get sick...
    one time leather also heard racoons under the house in the bathroom so she ripped up all the linoleum trying to get at them...she cut up her paws real bad ad there was blood everywhere
    and another time (lol shes so smart shes dumb) she tried to bury her bone in my dads bed and ripped up all the sheets...
    eep...lol
    I've been BOO'd!

Oh my gosh, this thread is funny.

My dogs never do anything except they do have an underwear and trash fetish so I always have to lock the trash away and keep underwear picked up!!!!
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

We have been very lucky that our girls have not done too terrible of things, but they have had their moments!!

One of the first times we left Sadie the house, she chewed up a pink higlighter....it actually looked like she was trying to paint her toenails pink!

When Cincy was about 6 months old, I left both of them in the litchen for a short period of time while my dad was outside workingon my trucking, I was shopping with my mom and Ralph was at work. I had porterhouse steaks thawing waaaayyy on the back of the stove for dinner. Ralph called and when my dad came in to answer the phone, he found nothing but the bone left on one of the steaks!!

Cincy developed a great way for getting my attention when she couldn't wake me up at night to left her out. Somehow the sound of dog chewing on wood, always gets my attention! unfortunaly, our bedroom door frame now has a new design "chewed" into it.

Gosh, now that you got me started...

up until recently, Cincy was kennel in the spare bedroom during the day while Sadie has the rest of the house. (Cincy is now out with Sadie). I don't know exactly when it was done, but our spare bedroom door has a nice scratch pattern into it...most of it around the handle. I think Sadie missed her sister and was trying to let her out to play!

Well, these two characters haven't done anything too awful, but they always crack me up. When we are not home, they are in a pen in our laundry/storage room (it's the biggest room in the apartment ) anyway, they started digging at the wall, until they reached the insulation--I think we would have come home one day and found them in the hall, just staring at us, because they wouldn't even know what to do with themselves if they did get out. Abbey chewed up their first two beds, and put a nice tear in the second one (hubby sewed it), Abbey got ahold of a pair of my pants, and now they have 3 tiny holes, no tag, and were missing 3 buttons that I never found
    They're very good though, but we keep EVERYTHING put away!!
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

Mine haven't been in to too much yet.They have eaten the phone charger and some stuffed animals of course those look like toys, and a dog bed all puppy stuff.My other two before they passes Kori and Boo would work together to get the gate to the kitchen down, open the , locked, rubber banded cupboard the trash was in and get into the trash bad under the sink.Well one day Kori's rabies tag got caught ( because of course it only happened when we were gone and they would run into the living room and lay down like angels when we came in) on the tie for the trash bag when I came home.It was hysterical while she stood there looking so guilty.I had to make her wait and take a picture.I think it is on her web page
    www.geocities.com/plwolfpack1/kori-friends.html
    They have all scratched up some wood walls or cabinets but I figure that's all part of puppies/dogs.Of course I never leave anything out on counters anymore because I have had definate counter surfers.If it is out it is fair game they figure..All in all I guess I am lucky I never lost my water LOL
    Laurie=Byakko's Mom

Captain is alot older now, and he says he never did anything bad!!!
    BUT, when he was younger, he had a sock fettish. He would go into the walk in wardrobe, help himself to socks in the drawer (which was open!), and waltz away with them. Not to bad, I hear you say, until one night I woke up, hearing him trying to be sick in the backyard.
    Went out to see if he was OK, and found he had thrown up a sock!!!.
    I checked against all other socks in the drawer and washing, and found the matching sock. So we thought this was the end of it, as he was bounding around like a lunatic.
    I went to work, and came home early. Went outside, and almost stepped in (what I thought) a verrrryyyyy loonnnnnngggg poo - which was ANOTHER sock. It had gone RIGHT THROUGH him ..... I could not believe it!!
    We rushed him to the vet, took X-rays, and the Vet (whilst very serious, but with a huge grin on his face) advised that all was OK and there were no more socks to be found inside my boy!!
    To this day, I never found the matching sock to the "poo" sock!
    He also LOVES soft toys ...... which included my fluffy bear slippers :-(

Ruby, well, what hasn't she done - she chewed the mudflaps on my car and my husbands car, chewed the tow hitch cable, the TV aerial wire that runs along the wall and into the house, the curtain pulleys, took paint out of the garage and made holes in the tin so we had paint all over the backyard, ate my husbands motorbike gloves - so he has 2 fingers on one glove, and 4 on the other! ..... and more recently she chewed the seatbelts in my Pajero!!! The dogs sit in the very rear part of the car - like a stationwagon - and she obviously thought I didn't really need them because "only dogs" sit here, and they don't need the seatbelts!

Love them, in spite of themselves
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."

oh this is good one. lets see my gsd (now deceased due to cancer) got a quart of motor oil took it to the bed and chewed it up brand new queen size mattress now not any good and at the same time strip the bed and torn the whole side of the mattress out done in 20 minutes. i went to the store then riley the black standard poodle took a $100 bill of my dresser only found little peices of it. Gannie chewed up the phone wires and dear sweet pearlie mae the one who is the princess and does no wrong is the garbage pail queen got up late for work one morning only to find garbage from one end of the house to the other. the four jack russels that i baby sit ate the door on the dresser so life is never dull with the four legged babies.

Thought I should add another one. My previous Dally - Leroy - was the master of escape. We should have known this as we found him wandering the streets ......... he got out of his previous home, but no matter how much we advertised we had him, they didn't come for him. So we kept him to ourselves

He jumped (or climbed) our 6ft wall, and used to visit all the other dogs in the neighbourhood! He also used to sit ontop of the wall like a statue, waiting for an unsuspecting person to walk by. They, of course, would not be looking up for a dog, and he would bark at them .... giving them the fright of their lives! Then he would slobber them to death!

He also tore through rubbish. On rubbish day, initially, all the neighbours put their bags on the sidewalk, and the rubbish men took them away. Well, the first rubbish day with Leroy, he tore every single bag in the street open - including for ours! So, the following week, we put our bags on top of the fence, and he did not touch them, but opened all the neighbours bags again.
    Of course, I had to clean up the mess he made - NOT HAPPY!

By the 3rd week, I had been to each and every neighbour, and asked them to put their rubbish on top of their walls! And they did! Leroy ignored all the bags!

He also had a habit of sleeping on the roof or bonnet of my car!
    AND if I left the boot open whilst taking shopping out, he jumped in there! He jumped onto the roof of a friends very expensive BMW once ......

I loved him dearly, and we only had him one short year - as he had an agressive cancer that took him from us within months of diagnosis.

I miss him still
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."

I think I can top all of you thus far.

As I was pulling into my driveway one day I glanced into my backyard to see what my German Sheperd pup was up to. I saw her butt sticking out around the corner and it was obvious that she was pulling on something. I snuck into the yard to find Gracie with a piece of aluminum siding in her mouth happily pulling it off my house. She had about 10 ft. of siding bent back and was still tuggging it off the house when I caught her!!!

Can anyone beat that?