Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Question for Everyone!!!!!

that is groose.. lol -laff- but ya.. My dog has rolled in dead figh and it was soooooooo grrrooose.. I had here cacked in backing soada and baby powder.. I refuse to give my dog a bath because she'll get dry skin ..
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

Um...I only understand about 5 words in that post!! What is it supposed to say?????? What's groose, figh, and had here cacked in backing soada????
    LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb

So you NEVER give your dogs a bath? Is it because of what breed they are? And some shouldn't have baths?

Money will buy a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of his tail. - Josh Billings

what kinds of dogs aren't supposed to have baths?? My Dogs love the water They love when u squirt them with the hose.

Every dog can get a bath. You should use hypoallergenic shampoo or cream shampoo if the dogs skin "dries out".

If she gets dried skin....it's most likely that you are using too much shampoo, or not rising it out throughly.
    LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb

she was referring to what she said on another post, that huskies shouldnt get too many baths because the water gets trapped in one of the layers of fur ad dries out the skin...huskies dont need many baths anyways, since they generally dont smell bad.
    I've been BOO'd!

What's groose, figh, and had here cacked in backing soada????
    lol sorry .. lol

it ment to say .. : Grose,fight ,had her caked in backing soda.

lol

Ok and She is asiberian husky and she has like 3 layers of fur and it would be so hard to dry all the water out..

That's why I dont give her a bath.

fight
    I ment to say Fish lol ....

Originally posted by G-Diddy

Can anyone beat that?

Oh my yes! When Angus (our rottie) was a youngster he chewed the whole corner of our house off I don't mean just a little bit, the whole friggin' corner, just as high as he could reach! He also chewed the mudflaps & the bra off my car, and ate part of my brand new camcorder. Thank goodness he is older & doesn't do that now!
    Now Roxey, she just digs holes in the yard, eats all the bushes & new trees we put out, the cover on the pool, etc....! I hope she too is outgrowing the destructive stage!
    But my little rescue Huney, she has been the best most wonderful dog ever. I've only caught her chewing a little of one of our bushes (not enough to really tell), and she tore up Angus's favorite hedgehog. That's about it!
    Keep those stories coming, they really give me a chuckle

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Originally posted by Rooroo
    These are too funny..

Well I think the only think I can think of off the top of my head.. is the first day we had her at home (no crate yet)

We had her in this huge cardboard box...

Well I guess at some point during the day she decided she had to pee and poo... and didn't wanna do it in the box.. she chewed her way thru the box... ran downstairs... peed and pooed on he lineoleum kitchen floor (a good choice I think)...

and then.... went back upstairs.. crawled back thru the hole.. and sat in her box.... she even waited in the box when I got home.. barking for me.. but.. nonetheless... waited in the box...

silly girl!

Sorta reminds of what Sadie did as a puppy. We had a crate for her, but it was really too large for training a puppy and we didn't have a devider yet, so we put some cardboard boxes inside it to make a "wall", well Sadie figured out she could get on top of the boxes, do her business out the backside of the kennel up there or even poop out the backside of the kennel, then come down and not have to spend the day sitting in it. She created her own upstairs bathroom

Sadie - what a clever girl you are!!!!

yet ANOTHER Ruby advenure ..........

My husband and I went out for dinner - at a restaurant about 10 mins walk from home. It was winter, and we thought we would leave the dogs inside, nice and warm. We were gone about 1 hour.

When we got home, Ruby had pulled 4 DVD's out of the cabinet in the lounge, and chomped through the covers, and left bits of plastic all over the lounge floor - not to mention the now useless DVD's with scratches all over them.
    Only 2 days later did I find the CD's she had helped herself too - they were under the Lounge room chair, and I found them when I moved the chair to vacum

Needless to say, we have now placed all DVD's and CD's in a cabinet with doors!
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."

More on Ruby .........

Yesterday, I got home from work to find my precious hibiscus plant ripped out of its pot, and strewn all over the garden. She JUMPED the waist high fence protecting the plants and helped herself to it.

Ruby STRIKES again....

Perhaps I should start a thread - "All the naughty things Ruby did this week".
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."

Well I don't know if I can beat that but Kenya chewed up my cell phone to smithereens one time... I bought a new one and maybe a month later she chewed THAT one up as well. Now I'm almost obsessively careful about where I leave it.

I'm loving this thread! We have a basenji mix, Murphy, and they are VERY curious dogs... selectively obedient as well. Our apartment is a lot more organized than it was in pre-Murphy days. He'll go after socks, underwear, throw rugs, CDs cases, remote controls, books, etc... he knows how to open cabinets (child locks fixed that) and has chewed up one dog bed so far. If you give him a stuffed animal toy, he'll have it disemboweled within the hour. Luckily, he doesn't chew on furniture... they only "important" thing he's ruined is my husband's leather wallet.

He nearly gave me a heart attack last week! I was drinking a glass of water and left it sitting half full on the kitchen counter, on top of a newspaper. A minute later, I heard the sound of glass shattering... and rushed in to find that Murphy had pulled the newspaper off the table and the glass came with it... and he was TRYING TO CHEW ON GLASS! I screamed "LET'S GET A TREAT!!!!" and he dropped the glass shard and came to me for a Milkbone. Thank God he didn't hurt himself.

Life is NEVER boring with a basenji, that's for sure...

Ooooh that reminds me, Kenya also chewed up the first dog bed I bought her.

She did this one other thing, it wasn't so bad as it was disgusting and funny. When she was younger, she used to eat her own poop, and one day when I let her in, she drank a TON of water and then puked up poop chunks and watery diarrhea all over the kitchen (thank god!) floor. It was kind of funny but quite stinky, and really hard to clean up. Bleh.