Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: this cant be.... so close to the RB

this cant be.... so close to the RB

today i went upstairs to check on my hamster, Panzy, and she was shaking all over. she could barely walk... and kept falling over. i picked her up and she didnt do anything... but kept shaking. i was so scared! i put her back down as she tried to walk toward her food bowl. her little mouth reached out and tried to grab a piece of food, but she couldnt make it and fell over on her back. at that moment i thought it was the end and she was gone, but she scrambled back over. i watched her for a few more minutes... but i couldnt take it and ran downstairs.

So far she is still alive... but suffering terribly.

In the morning, if she is not gone to the RB... i might take her to the vet to be put down. i cant stand to watch her suffer. She is 2 and a half years old... and i know its her time. if u think i might do the wrong thing by putting her down... PLEASE tell me. i love my hamster!

~ Jess ~

Re: this cant be.... so close to the RB

Originally posted by Jessica12345
    [B if u think i might do the wrong thing by putting her down... PLEASE tell me. i love my hamster!
    [/B]
    I think you are doing the wrong thing by not puttign her down today. She is suffering and needs to end her life. I know this is hard but please think about her, she is in pain and really could use your help. You said you loved her, you said your goodbyes now pleae show her how much you love her and put her to sleep, its really the best thing for her.

I'm so sorry about your hamster. And I hope you do the right thing and call the vets tonight

Ash
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

i agree with ashley. there is no sign she will get better. i hope you make your decision and help your poor hamster. she will be pain-free and happy. i know it is hard but do what is best for her. good luck and i am so very sorry

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

im going to the vets now

You are very brave and have done the right thing. I'm so sorry because it always hurts so much when we lose one of our little friends.

Farewell Pansy, with the knowledge that you were loved and will be missed.

Jess - I'm so sorry for what you are going through.

I'm very sorry for your loss.

i did it
    i just got back from the vets and we put her down.
    i cant stop crying! everyone keeps saying "its just a hamster"

your hamster is happy now and i'm sure she appreciates it because you put her out of pain. you did the right thing and you have every right to feel he way you do. don't listen to what anyone says. she wasn't "a hamster" she was "your hamster" and a very good friend. i am very sorry for your loss

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

Jessica, I am so very sorry to hear about your hamster. May she rest in peace running around and munching on seeds at the RB. Whoever says "It's just a hamster" is completely ignorant and rude. She was a part of you, and whoever says that kind of thing obviously does not understand what death does to a person. I am very glad you did the right thing and put her down though. I bet Panzy will be eternally grateful for you ending her pain.
    Mom to Ethan, Sophie and Sansa

You did a brave thing. And a hard thing. And she was much more than just a hamster. You'll probably never believe how long I cried over the loss of my dear Jerry Springer, and he was "just a mouse" (and I am 40 years old). So size of pet nor age makes the loss any easier, but soon you will be able to remember her with only fond memories, and the pain will ease.
    RIP Panzy

O I am so proud of you ::hugs::! And Seh wasn't just a hamster she was YOUR hamster and you loved her and I know she knows that. You were very brave adn did the right thing ::hugs::

Ash
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

Goodbye little Panzy - thank you for being such a good hamster friend to Jess.

And Jess, thank you for the love and care you gave Pansy right up to the very hardest part at the end. Loving hurts sometimes, but the good memories last the longest!
    "Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

She is not JUST A HAMSTER
    You are very brave to have her taken to be put down, I'm sure it was very hard.
    May she rest in peace, and have fun at the RB
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

poor hammy and poor you don't beat yourself up for not putting her down quickly. *HUGS* she's running on the big hamster wheel in the sky Goodbye little cute Hammy!!!!
    Owned by a demanding cat. Lol

Jess {{{Hugs}}} - how brave of you - she is not 'just a hamster' she was your very special loved friend. Don't be ashamed to shed your tears - you have to grieve. Just remember all the lovely times you spent with her.
    RIP dear Panzy

Lynne
    Time spent with cats is never wasted
    --Collette

RIP Dear Dan xxx