Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: kid thread

I was spanked when I was little. My mom's phrase was "if you don't smarten up I'm gonna spank your butt in front of God and everybody!" The potential embarassment always calmed me down. The threat "wait till dad comes home" always worked, because he was the one who did the spanking. But, the reason I didn't want to get spanked wasn't because of the pain, but because I knew that if I was spanked it meant that I had disappointed my parents and deserved a punishment. When I got older and I had done something bad (don't even remember what it was) I asked if I could create my own punishment. I ended up going to bed at like 8pm (regular bed time was 9pm), no after dinner snack (which was tradition), no bed time reading and no TV until the next day. My dad thought I was too hard on myself, but it sure worked better than whatever they would have given me, because I took responsibility.

As for having kids.. at this point in my life having a kid would drive me insane. I'm too focused on what I want.. basically too selfish to have a kid at this time. It's a future thing.. I doubt I will have kids until I'm at LEAST 30.

I'm sure I went on too much in my posts, and probably went off the subject, but come on you guys, I could not have been the only bratty kid, lets hear some stories??

bad influence..

i have written my local paper, specifically the sports section,
    and asked them not to use the word 'beat' or any derivative
    there of....
    i think it is a problem when the headline says something like,
    'the bucs beat the colts' or 'arsenal beats liverpool' .
    kids read the sports section and listen to the news broadcasts.

what good does it do to hear that 'tiger woods was badly beaten today at the open'

it serves no purpose for our children to be exposed to such a violent society.

Originally posted by RICHARD

p.s. people with no sense of humor, wit or any of the tools
    that allow them latitude in comprehension, can never be changed.
    p.s.s. always go under the impression that the reader has taken a small part of your post, usually one that happens to hit that nerve that makes them go crazy, and will turn it into a huge point of contention. By taking your words out of context with editing or the inability to comprehend the complete text of the message you run the risk of having the respondent become angry, opposed to your point of view, or sadly enough, have their head explode.
    Last edited by RICHARD; 02-25-2003 at 12:21 PM.

For all of us that are tired of people asking "when are you going to have children?"

The last time someone asked me that I said "My husband and I are too ugly, we're not allowed to have children"
    Tanya, Hans, Fritz & Sparky

Originally posted by Tanya&Fritz
    For all of us that are tired of people asking "when are you going to have children?"

The last time someone asked me that I said "My husband and I are too ugly, we're not allowed to have children"
    the problem my parents had was i was so ugly the doctor punched my mom, dad, grandparents AND the nurses assisting him......
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

LOL I'm definately gonna use that one next time!

Last time someone asked me when we were going to have kids, I told him that "we'd have kids but we can't figure out where babies come from"! That shut him up!!
    `````````````````````````
    I love my furkid Neko!

^TAMA^ 8/24/00 - 4/27/12 Thank you for being in my life I love you always and forever

hee hee! Too funny!!
    I'm so SICK of hearing this question...that I've told everyone we aren't having any, just to shut them up. Do you know that my hubby thought I was serious??? Poor thing!
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Originally posted by Soledad
    I'm fine with spanking (open hand on butt), but I think it's KEY that the parent not do it while in a rage.
    My hubby and I took a Child Psychology class together last summer and our teacher (PhD, etc, ect) said that every parent is a potential child abuser. He said that sometimes they can make you so mad...

We don't have any experience with that personally, but I can imagine...he made it a HUGE point to tell people to CALM DOWN before discaplining.

I was spanked when I was little, and believe you me, I sure learned my lessons!! But then, I was the type of kid that if you showed any disappointment in me, I'd cry and do anything to make you not mad at me.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

*lol*

I'm sure I went on too much in my posts, and probably went off the subject, but come on you guys, I could not have been the only bratty kid, lets hear some stories??
    Me and my sister were terrors... to my parents at least. We DID NOT get along when we were younger and got many a spankings for arguing (I am also fine with spanking as discipline I was spanked and not scarred at all from it)

One day me and my mom and sister were driving down the road (my mom made us both sit in the back seat) and we were arguing and my mom got sick of it and pulled over to spank us. We all got out of the car and my mom forgot to put it in park so the car started rolling down the hill... she had to chase the car ... so needless to say we didn't get that spanking!
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

well,

here we go,

dad loved and collected guns.
    he loved to shoot and hunt.
    he taught all the kids to shoot and respect guns.
    he never taught us to pull the bullets off the casings
    spill the gunpowder on a brick and put a match to it..
    we kinda figured it out for ourselves.

then one day he caught wind of it and pounded the living crap out of me cause i was the oldest.
    ( in case you are wondering i use "pounding the living crap out of me" because...
    a) it makes my dad seem like he was pure evil
    b) come on, we were just playing with live ammunition!
    c) no one had their eye put out
    d) since we were behaving lately, he needed a chance to
    vent some male hormones and show us he was boss.)

the lesson he taught me, my brothers got to watch my dad abuse me so the lesson was not lost on them!!!!

needless to say, we learned our lessons
    and all my brothers are very good marksmen!
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Sara

LOL I can just picture that, someone running after the car and the kids standing there!

anyone else have funny stories to share? or things you got away with, etc, as a kid or teen? anyone ever sneak out of the house?.......ever make any prank phone calls?( I KNOW there has to be some stories out there?..)
    just curious..

anyone ever sneak out of the house?.......
    o.k..... I gotta funny story about this one too...

The first time I ever snuck(sp?!!??!?!) out of the house.....

My friend was going to pick me up with her boyfriend and some guy she wanted me to meet... they said they would ride by my house in (I forget what kind of car) and then they would drive one street over and pick me up there.... well I saw them ride by and I SLOWLY opened my window and crawled out and then SLOWLY closed it back... I went to the next street over... they weren't there and I waited about 5 minutes and finally went back home... when I got back I SLOWLY opened the window and SLOWLY closed it and I heard someone scream at the top of thier lungs..... IT WAS MY MOM.... supposedly my friends got tired of waiting for me and called my mom and asked her if I got home o.k....... well of course my mom did not know I was out ... so she sat in my room in the dark and scared the mess out of me when I got back home...
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

Sara

LOL oh no, talk about getting caught!

I never snuck out or anything, but a party at my friends house did have the police show up to "break us up".. but I use the quotes for a reason...

My friend lived in an apartment building. She was on the third floor, and the building was fairly old. The woman who lived below her was a paranoid whacko. Sometimes she would call their house when there was NO ONE home and leave messages on their answering machine like "I know you are home and I know you can hear this message and you better stop stomping around up there!" or when my friend was doing homework at her desk, her sister was laying on the bed reading and their mom was napping, the woman would call and accuse them of making all kind of racket. Anyway, we were having this party, and we were listening to music and laughing and stuff. Then at 11pm, my friend was like "oh we gotta be quiet because of the witch downstairs (her nickname)" so we all sat down and turned on some classical music very quietly. A couple of people had to go home, so we all decided to walk them out to their car, which was parked on the street about half a block away. We all left the apratment (quietly - my friends mom had gone to bed and we didn't want to wake her because her bedroom door was near the front door) and we ALL left the aprtment. We took about 15-20 mins laughing and talking around the car and saying bye, and then the last four of us (who were all sleeping over) went back to her building. We got to the door of the building, and there was a police car.. we said good evening to them and stuff (it was only about 11:45pm) and we asked if there was a problem in the building. They then said, "Yeah we are here to shut down a rowdy party in 302" We looked at them and said, "WE are 302!! And we haven't been in the apt for about 25mins!" So we walked upstairs with the police, and when we walked in the apratment the look on the police officers' faces was priceless.. it was fairly dark, there was soft classical music still playing in the background, and we had to wake my friend's mom up to come talk to the police. The officer says to her mom "you've been here all night??" and she kinda mumbles.. "Yeah.. but I went to bed around 10pm or so" It was hilarious. That's the extent of my badness