Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: kid thread

Soledad,

My husband & I were believers in the zero population growth
    idea, ie, replace yourself in the world, but not add to the already
    crowded earth. Without sounding too sappy, they are very
    bright, funny, & a pleasure to be with. I love being a Mom.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

geez I wasn't offended in the least, you shouldn't have deleted the thread sweetie . no worries.
    Owned by a demanding cat. Lol

I saw ABSOLUTELY NOTHING wrong with posting a poll about whether people have kids or not. You are correct..........Some people could have simply chosen not to answer it !!!! Why is everything always such a big deal??!?? If I read a thread and I do not prefer the topic I just move on to the next one.
    Well said! I completely agree with this! There was nothing wrong, touchy, personal or controversial about your poll or your question! You just asked if people had kids, it's just a fact - you either do or you don't. You didn't ask if we hated kids, or hated people who had kids, for gosh sakes ... that would be a different story.

I know I haven't been posting too terribly long here, but I'm going to give my two cents worth anyway. Guess everyone can just not read it if it offends them. IMO, if we only talked about subjects that were 100% neutral and cheery all the time, and never, ever brought up a subject that might possibly be even remotely controversial, personal, touchy or lead to any type of debate .... we would all be bored out of minds and soon move on to another board!

We learn by hearing the opinions and experiences of others, by talking about and debating issues and by broadening our horizons to include opinions different from our own. Otherwise, we all might as well just talk to the mirror. Boooorrrrrriiiiing. I personally would like to see a little less worrying and a little more honest conversation. JMHO.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

I saw absolutely nothing wrong with the thread. If we are scared to talk about children worried we will offend somebody....?? I didn't see anything controversial about it, and there was no fighting (at least that I saw).

I didn't either....there have been much more controversial subjects here...this one what just an innocent question.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

I think I know better than anyone that there have been FAR more controversial threads on here than the kids one. But she chose to delete it herself, so there's not much we can do.

Lizbud - You sound like you have the kind of relationship with your kids that I look forward to. I'm sure your kids think just as highly of you as you do of them. You seem to relish in their personalities. Do you still believe in zero population growth?

Twisterdog - Your post was brilliant. Said everything that I wanted to.

Just to make sure : NO OFFENCE from me too !! I even liked the thread ! All opinions on this must be possible , positive AND negative . I hope I didn't hurt anybody by telling that this was a sensitive object for those who WANT , but CANNOT get any kids ..!

I want to say too I do absolutely like Lizbud's reply about her kids ;. Me too , even if the fact that my kids are adopted , I wanted my kids , I love them , and I couldn't imagine my life without it !!

To those who choose NOT to have any : you have my ABSOLUTE respect !!!
    LOVE YE ALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This explains why I've been searching all over for the Thread - thought I'd gone completly loopy and imagined it!!
    Shame Primabella - I was really interested in it - and it looked like it was going to go for quite a bit.
    Lizbud - I so agree with your lovely comments about your children - in this world of so much negativity it's refreshing to hear another Mum admitting to liking and loving her children - me too!

Lynne
    Time spent with cats is never wasted
    --Collette

RIP Dear Dan xxx

Hmmm... I posted that my husband and I were unable to have children. Maybe because I posted that Karen thought it was a sensitive subject. It IS a sensitive subject, but I don't mind talking about it There are other options for us so you never know
    Tanya, Hans, Fritz & Sparky

I was looking for the tread, now I understand why I couldn't find it! it may have been a sensitive topic to some, but I agree with the others, no one HAD to reply to it. I don't know who it was that objected to it, but possibly it was someone that the topic is a new, or sore subject, and they may have over reacted about it?
    maybe they did not understand that this can be more than a pet board?
    anyway, it was just an innocent thread, only meant to ask an innocent question.
    yes there has been conflict on here before but I think we have settled it in a nice manner most times?

i still dont understand how it could "offend" anyone. But o well..... theres still lots of other threads!

This is somewhat bothersome to me. Primabella, from my reading of her posts, seems like a very very sweet, sensitive, caring young lady. So, we can pretty much know there wasn't any 'malice' in her initial post. Then, we have everyone jumping on here saying, "well, I didn't think it was offensive, wished it wasn't deleted"...so, my big ole' nosy question is...WHO HAD THIS PROBLEM WITH IT?

Karen, I guess I am suprised that you would send Primabella a pm about what might have been a sensitive thred when I don't see anything done about people who post things that can only be taken as insensitive

I thought we, after the last debacle, had decided as a community to act with more restraint, less offense, etc., so as to not have to have people deleting threds....this seems against that.

I must admit, as someone said...it is a FACT you either have children or you don't. That issue might be sensitive..but, so might us talking about jobs when one of us is unemployed, or about the health of our pet, when one of us has just lost our pet....

We always have the option to read a post or not......to post, or not. I feel bad that Primabella had to feel bad.

Richard-LOL LOL

Great post, Cataholic. I hope Primabella doesn't feel too bad.

sorry i havn't been on.

i don't feel bad about the post i feel bad because i'm making karen look bad..hehe i don't mean to, karen. i didn't think people would even care for this thread. oh well. if we are all so interested in the idea, who wants to start it up again?

who has said all nice things (and i believe that is everyone ) i love this board for this very reaosn. i know i was being stupid for deleting it but i had my reasons which i posted before...don't wanna waste space saying it again

thanks again

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road