Originally posted by Twisterdog

Hee, hee, hee .... just wait, you'll find out.

You have a fifteen month old? Ahhhh, yes .... all the "downsides" are still to come, believe me!!!!

Not that I would trade my son for everything in the world, but kids can be a pain in the rear when they get older. They get expensive, smart-mouthed and rebellious ..... and I don't even have a true teenager yet! And that's a GOOD kid I'm talking about .... some of them get a LOT worse.

I know, I know ..... you're thinking "Not MY kid! I will NEVER let that happen! He'll be the perfect child." Oooookey, dokey .... let us know in about eleven years, ok? I said the same things, ALL parents did.

Not trying to rain on your parade or anything ... but EVERYTHING in life has a downside. Nothing is perfect. Want a new car? The downside is car payments and higher insurance. Want a new puppy? The downside is housetraining, chewed up couches and vet bills. Want a kid? The downside is the potential for a lot of tears, heartache and problems.

All of what you said is common sense. I never said he was perfect, nor will he be when he gets older. I raised my brother and sister since I was 9 and believe me they are a MAJOR pain in the arse!!! But I never said nor would I say something like that because it's just not what happens.

Of course I am *hoping* and praying he won't turn out to be a drug dealer or something but every parent wished the best for their child.

He is just now starting to become independent and yes there are many a times when I feel like exploding from constant temper tantrums etc, but he's growing and to me I can't be mad at him because he doesn'tknow what he is doing yet. Once he knows I will start showing my "rath" lol.