Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: kid thread

If someone found the topic difficult they could always choose not to answer....

Sheesh!

2. silly Richard!!!!

Yeah....since I spent time writing my response...I think I'll post it anyway!

I am CBC....childless by choice. Many of you have made the points I would on this...it is a HUGE decision that should be made with great deliberateness and thought. All too often it is an accident, or because everyone else is doing it, etc. I knew it wasn't for me a long time ago.

During my "dating years" I was always upfront about that so not to waste anyone's time. And it ran some men off.

To be a good parent requires a level of selflessness that I am not sure I am willing or able to achieve.

But here's my question...what with "Do you want to hold the baby?" Frankly, no. It makes me nervous. (and....I have changed one diaper and that was enough!)

And one more thing....I do NOT think it is cute when your child runs into me while you are paying absolutely NO attention to him/her and snatching food from my plate in a restaurant is simply uncivilized.

Originally posted by RICHARD

Oh no you don't.......
    don't be so quick to discount your opinions and postings.

I look in the mirror every morning and WHOA- talk about LOOKING dumb!!!!
    but that's my parents fault -i have my dad's eyes my mom's hair....they both let me pick my nose........

lol

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

to primabella

I saw ABSOLUTELY NOTHING wrong with posting a poll about whether people have kids or not. You are correct..........Some people could have simply chosen not to answer it !!!! Why is everything always such a big deal??!?? If I read a thread and I do not prefer the topic I just move on to the next one. So don't let it bother you, I'll bet more people are with you than against you. So stay happy, OK?

Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary

But here's my question...what with "Do you want to hold the baby?" Frankly, no. It makes me nervous. (and....I have changed one diaper and that was enough!)

when my brother was a baby and my mom was changing his diaper, he peed on his himself. tramautized me...i stay away from babies who need a diapey change

from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.

Re: to primabella

Originally posted by jenluckenbach
    I saw ABSOLUTELY NOTHING wrong with posting a poll about whether people have kids or not. You are correct..........Some people could have simply chosen not to answer it !!!! Why is everything always such a big deal??!?? If I read a thread and I do not prefer the topic I just move on to the next one. So don't let it bother you, I'll bet more people are with you than against you. So stay happy, OK?
    lol, okay well, i'm perfectly fine with what happened. i needed to have had a PM sent to me, deleted it cause i'm too "jumpy to conclusions", and have people tell me that it was perfectly fine for me to count this as an experience to learn by i don't blame karen for what she said and she was just letting me know. i took the next step and maybe it was the wrong one. oh well

Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary

babies are particulary vicious when they launch a biological attack!

with tons of nieces and nephews it got easier, never pleasant but easier......i ruined the collars on quite a few t shirts changing diapers.

I think people are absolutely dead frightened about any kind of controversy or confrontation. I mean, it wasn't like things had even gotten out of hand. It was a perfectly civilised discussion and it seems bizarre that anyone would be offended by it.

Edwina's Sec - Interesting post. I really admire couples who choose to be childless especially in a society and culture that expects it out of couples. And I do get really aggravated when parents think their child misbehaving in public should somehow be regarded as cute to everyone else.

aww, you guys are making me feel bad.

it wasn't karen's fault my post is deleted. i thought i would get rid of it before it became an UNcivilized discussion. please understand. if you want, you can contiue the discussion here

Now you KNOW we did not want to make you feel badly!

But, you know, I for one think that I will keep my mouth shut from now on................cant' have anyone thinking I am controversial. (please read with appropriate sarcasm!)

Which is why I always say that every new parent should invest in a pair of goggles! Hey, beleive it or not GIRLS can shoot pretty far too!

Uh hum, anyways I too saw nothing wrong with the thread. If it bugs someone they simply don't post..which I don't know why it would bother anyone and I have had a lot of problems conceiving etc, miscarriages whatever. I very much enjoyed having a place to brag about how cute my son is, hahahaheheheh!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

hehe and we enjoyed reading about it

Primabella,

Does this mean that I won't be able to brag about my two
    wonderful children? LOL. Well...for what it's worth I'm going
    to do it anyway. They were planned, they were wanted &
    they are my very best contribution to civilization.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Originally posted by lizbud
    Primabella,

Does this mean that I won't be able to brag about my two
    wonderful children? LOL. Well...for what it's worth I'm going
    to do it anyway. They were planned, they were wanted &
    they are my very best contribution to civilization.
    Same here!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

That's a really sweet thing of you to say about your kids, Lizbud.